Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for sheed to kick it after a mark or free is like taking your missus out to dinner. She wont make a decision on what to eat until the wait staff is hovering above her waiting. He wont kick it until the umpire has blown the whistle to play on

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listened to hunts interview with 6pr after the game. Gave some lip service about the youngers performance will dip noe and again.

Thats pure bullshit. It wasnt our youngsters that played poorly today.

Its always the same senior players that suck...gaff, sheed, duggan
Barrass, Cripps, Allen and JD were all well and truely done over as well. Gov a shining light.

Gaff - 3 touches to half time is putrid and 100% heading for a delist at the end of the year. If he had any sense he would announce his retirement at the end of the year so at least we can applaud his previous service rather than bemoan he's existence week to week.

XON also just doesn't impact at all compared to the kids coming through so also 100% for the delist pile.

Kids did well and composure will come with more pre-seasons and more experience.
Continue to be impressed with Long, Hewett, Ginbey and Hough.

Petch in the middle looks good as a rotation

Bazzo learned some hard lessons today but will be better for it.
Kept it under 100 so better than expected.

Yep, really like Petch in the midfield.

So much to unpack.

Let's be honest if the Lions were accurate this would of been a 120 point loss.

We have some player's that the game has moved pass it has become more of a repeat sprint focused game, yes you know the players that this new game has passed.

Sure the coaches know aswell !!

Starting to see the young players taking over and making this their team.... About time just think of Melbourne before they got it together !!

Hewitt will be our Shuey replacement once he gets a mature body.....

Honestly still trying to figure out what sort of player Ginbey will be, looks good as a link up player like embley.

But in saying that he is going to be huge just not seeing the explosive pace that the combine results shown.

Either way he is a big part of our future !!!

Think the forward line let us down alot to be honest the ball just came out way too easy ....

Just a side note Kelly has been a shining light this season but he is clearly getting played wrong.... Needs to be more outside and closer to goals.

He really is giving it his all though and not resting on his big contract so props to him !!!

Fletcher, Ashcroft and Wilmott are all 19. Our kids try pretty hard (most of them), but they’ve got a hell of a long way to go. Only positive I could see was Hunt and maybe Hewett, and maybe, maybe Duggan and BBBW . Sorry, but Ginbey did very little and, like Samson, seems to have lost his strength after his haircut.

Positives: Hewitt - Last two weeks have made me feel a lot better about the pick split.
Chesser - looking a little better

Negatives: I get why we did it but it's pretty hard for anyone to look good playing that game style because you never have good options to kick to.

I am finally aboard the drop Gaff train.

Currently halftime on the cheapskate option watching the replay on 7.

Pretty grim stuff, but do like some individual effort from Hewett, Williams, Petch, etc.

Will take a big effort to turn this group of promising kids, spuds, mostly cooked seniors, and couple of stars into a threat again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually sad watching gaff now. He just can't go at all. Can't say he isn't trying. Looks impossible to take him around again next year. There will have to be some sort of handshake agreement on the final year of the contract
Look if he retires I’m sure some company could by pure chance pay him a salary equal to his salary for next year and wouldn’t be on our cap. Surely…

Listened to hunts interview with 6pr after the game. Gave some lip service about the youngers performance will dip noe and again.

You can bet your nut that this is the messaging internally.
"We're young, poor performances are just part of the process". Would be too much to lay blame at the feet of lazy Sheed, not up to it Gaff and the perma-injured cohort.

He is just reading the script... Not his fault

"We're young, poor performances are just part of the process". Would be too much to lay blame at the feet of lazy Sheed, not up to it Gaff and the perma-injured cohort.
Re Sheed and many others, the collective view on them has always been overly optimistic. The are one paced fringe players and thats all - they have not lost speed or desperation - they just bnever had it. Barrass and coy have always beed spectacular but soft and unable to contest one on one. Gaff is different he could once play and works hard.

Agree, however Dugo at least tries hard - sort of Beau Waters like but worse decision making and disposal. Gaff, Sheed and XON are absolute passengers - week in, week out. The teams would definitely be better without them in it, especially in terms that yong guys will have a go and we may unearth some talent instead of persisting with the same old tried and proven plodders.

"I was worried out there that with all the oxygen Gaffy was stealing that their might not be enough air for me to breathe, but I managed to get through the game okay"
"I was impressed by the endavour of Dom Sheed today. When he put his arm out slightly to tackle Lachie Neale as he ran past him I thought that was a hell of a effort"
"Duggs was the creator today. Fantastic effort to set up so many goals. If we can just get him to set them up for us and not the opposition we will really be getting close to our next win"

Waiting for sheed to kick it after a mark or free is like taking your missus out to dinner. She wont make a decision on what to eat until the wait staff is hovering above her waiting. He wont kick it until the umpire has blown the whistle to play on

Have you tried taking her to Sizzlers?

pos -
poor kicking by Brissy obviously keeps Simmo under the radar this week ..
Hough solid display
Hewett showing glimpses and even though a few mistakes he is taking the game on and trying a some moves ..
Chesser looks to be building his game after interrupted start to his career ..
Petch up around the ball is a good move if they want to play a faster footy game plan ..
Maric better than Phillipou already
Gov blowing out the rust

Neg-
Too many players getting drawn into the contest and leaving opposition players free on the outside ..
Not sharing the ball up FWD when a non name player is free is so predictable for the opposition defenders ..

Where do you want to go for dinner?

I dunno what do you want?

I want x.

Nah I don't want x.

How about y?

Umm, no I don't feel like y either.

Okay then let's have z.

Don't want that either.

Well what do you want?

I dunno, what do you feel like?

It was Duggan, Barrass, Darling, Cripps, Sheed, Gaff... you know, the premiership hero brigade, along with Allen and Witherden that let us down the most today. Not the kids. Not sure why they get singled out.

Only reason it was watchable was due to the rays of light last week in Hewett, Ginbey, Long, Chesser, Jilliams and Maric all backing it up again this week.

Hough was also huge. As was McGovern surprisingly.

I'm not putting the blame on any of our forwards.
It hardly went in there and when it did, apart from a couple of occasions, the delivery was poor
standing in the square offering nothing as a target upfield isn't all a forward does these days. they were too easily beatlen when the ball did come in. hunterd not hunters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back