Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Re Sheed and many others, the collective view on them has always been overly optimistic. The are one paced fringe players and thats all - they have not lost speed or desperation - they just bnever had it. Barrass and coy have always beed spectacular but soft and unable to contest one on one. Gaff is different he could once play and works hard.
Yeah they were always s**t. Hence 2015 GF and 2018 GF win.

Positives: Hewitt, Hewitt, Hewitt, Hewitt, Hough, Chesser, Long, Maric

Negatives: Gaff, Sheed, Duggan, Kelly, Darling, Allen

People saying the forwards weren’t getting good delivery are not acknowledging the fact that the forwards just stood there all day doing absolutely ******* nothing. There was no movement, and so the guys downfield had nothing else to do but to bomb long do these idiots.

Only got done by 14 goals.

Great success!

How far we've come since the glory days of a flat tracking teams at FLOPTUS.

Just imagine how GWS must feel right now, pushing for a finals spot and being the only team jn the AFL to lose to us..

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Positives

The Beagles now have bragging rights until the main team don't post a loss.
Young blokes developing and are enjoyable to watch. Hough's and Chesser's best game, Hewett a chance for rising star
McGovern
Petch goes ok in the guts
Wasn't over 100 points
Cole back on the park
No injuries + get a few back means possible selection pressure

Negatives
They'll drop the kids with players coming back.
That said Bazzo might be due a spell
Basic skill errors costing easy goals
Forward entries
Gaff

Well two hour drive back to ponder what was the single most boring game of football ive ever attended.Nothing like game being totally done ten minutes in to bore the hell out of everyone in attendance….

I like to think however there is a place in hell for people who have to come and go from their seats every 5 mins for more drinks so everyone in the row spends the arvo standing up and down an you cant see the game.

Positives- Hewitt, Hough, Gov was good first game back, Ginbey was fine, Jack Williams was our only forward who actually moved for most of the game, darling and allen just statues, chessor and hunt honourable mentions as decent

Negatives: Gaff get in the bin, Duggan may actually be the bin, his ball use is a disgrace… everyone else was just no where.

Positives: Hewitt, Hewitt, Hewitt, Hewitt, Hough, Chesser, Long, Maric

Negatives: Gaff, Sheed, Duggan, Kelly, Darling, Allen

People saying the forwards weren’t getting good delivery are not acknowledging the fact that the forwards just stood there all day doing absolutely ******* nothing. There was no movement, and so the guys downfield had nothing else to do but to bomb long do these idiots.
Agree to disagree.

There were several times when OA and Darling made space and it wasn't kicked to them.

At one stage, Darling was all by himself about 40 out and Duggan kicked to a one on one.

You telling me OA and Darling weren't presenting?
I must've watched a different game to you.

The ball went in 29 times for the whole game.

This is because we were playing keepy off to try and limit the damage, which I didn't mind.

You try and be a forward and lead to Duggan and Co.
They were on a hiding to nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives
  • Hewett looks like he wants to be the future of the club
  • Petch is earning another year
  • Witherden, Duggan and Hunt were okay down back
  • Gov didn't get injured
  • Barrass' trade value increased
  • Chesser is stringing to together a few positive games
  • J Williams played better that O Allen
  • we didn't lose by a record amount

Negatives
  • Gaff, obviously
  • Cripps was a shadow of what he should be
  • Ginbey needs a rest

Barras was so bad today we should trade him, cost us 5 goals and got out asked by Gunston.
What? Barrass may have been poor, but Gunston did not kick any goals on him.
Gunston kicked his first on Bazzo with 4 minutes and 35 seconds left in the first. He then kicked his second on Bazzo immediately afterwards. Barrass was playing on Daniher on both occasions.
He kicked his third on Bazzo again with 8 minutes and 27 seconds left in the third. Barrass was still on Daniher.
He kicked his fourth on Bazzo again with 12 minutes and 30 seconds left in the final quarter. Barrass was on Hipwood.
He kicked his fifth on Hunt with 3 minutes left in the final quarter
He kicked his sixth on Hunt with 1 minute and 58 seconds left in the final quarter.

Positives
The kids to varying degrees. They did have quiet patches but they kids.
Gov was good on return.
Less than 100 point loss.
No injuries - apparently.
Petch was ok - not great but not bad.

Negatives
Seniors - today highlighted why Shuey, despite his injury woes, remain captain. There is bugger all else below him.
Kelly, Sheed and Gaff were putrid in the link up/middle part of ground.
Lack of pressure caused, in part, by reduced hunting of the player with the ball.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
About Chesser I'm becoming more confident that he can transition to the midfield.
Ideally starts off the wing with rotations through the middle.
Showing similar numbers to Venables in his second season after both didn't play in their first.
There were always question marks about DV's ability to accumulate and whether he could improve on that, but a good sign is that Chesser is able accumulate in his few WAFL games compared to DV's with a bigger sample size.

Hewett was great and I think we are starting to see why we picked Chesser. Hough will be a player, and Maric has some a-hole about him which is welcome in this team.
Long and Williams x 2 a bit quieter this week.
These youngsters are keeping me interested in watching and I can’t wait until they have a couple of preseasons behind them.

The likes of Sheed and Gaff make me want to stab myself in the eyeballs with a sharp object.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back