Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great night for the west coast eagles .54,000 plus at our first game back with 100% capacity at Perth Stadium was a highlight.Especially when you look at the lame and pathetic turnout by the purples who had first crack at 100% capacity.
The booing of Scott Morrison by Australias biggest sporting club was a highlight and a good time was had by all.

You're forgetting that the sheep want only positive comments made about West Coast. The OP's intent is to push that. The subconscious need of most folks to be part of the in-group and find a place to belong plays a part in the shaming to bring about conformity of thought. It's a not-so-subtle group dynamic at play on this board. The uncritical sheep play right into it and lap it up. It's sad.

He's just (collectively) jerkin' the forums gerkin'. It's all in jest, I'm in there and I'm not offended. If anything I can become a bit of a 'fun sponge' in gameday threads, so I could do with it now and then tbh.

Great night for the west coast eagles .54,000 plus at our first game back with 100% capacity at Perth Stadium was a highlight.Especially when you look at the lame and pathetic turnout by the purples who had first crack at 100% capacity.
The booing of Scott Morrison by Australias biggest sporting club was a highlight and a good time was had by all.
China thanks the bed wetters

The nuanced explanation seems to be going over your head so I’ll try to boil it down simply.

Say what you want. Don’t be precious if people fire back at you when it turns out to be a full nuff comment.

If people want to post in tears about how bad we are and how much of an egomaniac Simpson is, I get to post making fun of them when we win.

All this talk all week about how pathetic and sh*t the Eagles are, and it turns out they have more spine than half the posters here.

There was no nuance at all to your OP! Being precious is shaming those that don't post to your liking. Your OP was as if negative posting were a personal affront. The censoring of certain negative posts or threads shows it's about posting only the positive. Your shaming tactics is to bring about conformity of thought - through peer-pressure bring them into line. It's as simple as it is sad.

There was no nuance at all to your OP! Being precious is shaming those that don't post to your liking. Your OP was as if negative posting were a personal affront. The censoring of certain negative posts or threads shows it's about posting only the positive. Your shaming tactics is to bring about conformity of thought - through peer-pressure bring them into line. It's as simple as it is sad.

Interesting.

Thanks for pointing this out, the op post was horrible

Vardy played his best game for the year, as low as that bar was. His best attribute was freeing up Allen.
This, x1000. Last thing we need is Allen getting injured rucking.

+ DeGoey's nose
As a shameless Shep adorer, took this as a wee bit of Karma for Shep’s hamstring.

Injury to Howe, hate to see anyone get an injury. Howe is one oppo player that I think most people genuinely enjoy to watch if only for his aerial ability. Looked cooked.
True... hasn’t been same since knee - probably still working back to it. He’s a highlight to watch.

+ Geelong next week and fu** it, why can't we beat them? Smell the blood in the water and hunt, lads. They're a couple of bad losses from a rebuild and it's a golden opportunity to ruin their year.
Tipping us next week.
Geelong are as just as old. We’re (currently) in better form. Venue is the only hurdle. The Lions took it right to them (after a slow start) AND were robbed. No reason we can’t win this.

Ainsworth deserves a go in a tagging role I think
Tbh Ainsworrh would offer more than Langdon. In the minority, but never minded Ainsworth. Played his role well enough to be useful last year. Hard runner.

Not sure if it was a desire to get going through the middle or a desire not to use Vardy, but it didn't look great!
Noticed this too. Not a great look for the team to blatantly blank him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a melt but an observation.

The Oscar chase down. Made me sad. That was Darling for a few years and Kennedy. A fair few years ago.

Sad, Father Time waits for no one.

Valid criticism about the team - fire away. Some examples:
• I’m pissed off that we didn’t turn a 40 point lead into a big percentage booster given the opposition.
• I hate our selection, we’re way too tall.
• That was a sh*t kick/decision/effort from ________
• Vintage “fold the club” melts

Speculation that Adam Simpson is having marriage problems because only an egomaniac lashing out would possibly select a side like this goes beyond that. Not constructive and not welcome. “We are the second worst team in football behind North Melbourne”. Patently untrue and downright embarrassing stuff.

There is a huge difference between a fair enough criticism/a well earned vent, and people whinging like spoiled entitled babies striking out at anything and everything they see.

And yet none of the posts you quoted contain any of the highlighted content.

I've always treated match threads as a place where you can celebrate, commiserate, blow your stack and 'yell' nonsensical things in the heat of the moment like you would at the footy because it is a game where the supporter is emotionally invested and part of the fun is the emotional rollercoaster you go on supporting a sporting club.

Quoting heat of the moment posts after the match has concluded as some kind of hindsight harry is pretty weak but if you're comfortable doing it, that says more about you than it does those posters.

There was nothing nuanced about my OP. It was me going neener neener neener like a school child.

The nuanced explanation I was referring to was the many many many in this thread. You didn’t read those and that’s fine.

I’m bored of this chat now. Be negative, be positive, sit on the fence. Just be aware that when you post something on a forum, there is a chance someone might post back and tell you you’re wrong. That’s not the establishment trying to keep down free thinkers, that’s just one person telling another that I think it’s pretty nuff to say Simmo is an egotist with marriage problems and we’re a gutless club on the verge of a long painful rebuild.

You disagree, you’ve let me know, the world keeps spinning.

Last edited:
Quoting heat of the moment posts after the match has concluded as some kind of hindsight harry is pretty weak but if you're comfortable doing it, that says more about you than it does those posters.

That’s fair and it’s pretty childish to take a victory lap against fellow Eagles fans. I’ll cop to that.

What riled me was mainly the mood on the board this week, after an indefensible loss absolutely, but I thought some of the stuff was going so far beyond reasonable criticism and into some truly weird and wild personal attacks.

In the same way that if I posted after the Port game guaranteeing we’d win the flag, people could rightly bump it after the Saints capitulation, I was pretty disappointed with some of the stuff all week post-Saints/pre-Pies. I threw it back in people’s faces which is childish so I’ll put my hands up. I didn’t want to drag individuals hence why I kept the quotes anonymous but it’s still a fair point to put my way.

Happy to bury it now. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows, we have problems that need addressing but so do all clubs. We scraped by the wooden spooners in Round 5, 2018, and that wasn’t a hammer blow to our premiership chances. A long way to go yet, I’d just wish people would stick a little tougher with a team that’s given us so much to be happy about, rather than defaulting to pot shots when we win but not in the specific way some people would like.

Some clubs have genuine problems and I can’t help but feel when (if?) the Eagles fall off a cliff, people will wish they’d enjoyed the rich vein of success we’ve had the past few years a little more in the moment.

Not a melt but an observation.

The Oscar chase down. Made me sad. That was Darling for a few years and Kennedy. A fair few years ago.

Sad, Father Time waits for no one.

He didn’t get there and the siren might well have beaten the kick, but I remember being really impressed with a JD chase on the wing. 3QT siren perhaps? He also had that good one that led to an HTB goal in the second.

JK forced a turnover with a chase against the Dogs, in the goal square against Caleb Daniel of all people.

They’ve still got it in them, but JK especially it’s all a bit few and far between nowadays.

That’s fair and it’s pretty childish to take a victory lap against fellow Eagles fans. I’ll cop to that.

What riled me was mainly the mood on the board this week, after an indefensible loss absolutely, but I thought some of the stuff was going so far beyond reasonable criticism and into some truly weird and wild personal attacks.

In the same way that if I posted after the Port game guaranteeing we’d win the flag, people could rightly bump it after the Saints capitulation, I was pretty disappointed with some of the stuff all week post-Saints/pre-Pies. I threw it back in people’s faces which is childish so I’ll put my hands up. I didn’t want to drag individuals hence why I kept the quotes anonymous but it’s still a fair point to put my way.

Happy to bury it now. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows, we have problems that need addressing but so do all clubs. We scraped by the wooden spooners in Round 5, 2018, and that wasn’t a hammer blow to our premiership chances. A long way to go yet, I’d just wish people would stick a little tougher with a team that’s given us so much to be happy about, rather than defaulting to pot shots when we win but not in the specific way some people would like.

Some clubs have genuine problems and I can’t help but feel when (if?) the Eagles fall off a cliff, people will wish they’d enjoyed the rich vein of success we’ve enjoyed the past few years.

Fair enough, and honestly I was a bit of dog with a bone about this because I rate you as one of the better posters on BF and thought this kind of stuff was beneath you.

As supporters we have insanely high expectations due to how genuinely god tier our club has been for such a long time. For me the frustration stems from seeing guys like Gaff, Shep and NN who ate s**t through the lean years only to have fate deprive them of a well earned cup and I see some players looking like they are coasting after having success when these guys who carried this club through some pretty rough times are still busting their guts trying to get theirs.

Anyways, rant over, we're all on the same side here. :thumbsu:

He didn’t get there and the siren might well have beaten the kick, but I remember being really impressed with a JD chase on the wing. 3QT siren perhaps? He also had that good one that led to an HTB goal in the second.

JK forced a turnover with a chase against the Dogs, in the goal square against Caleb Daniel of all people.

They’ve still got it in them, but JK especially it’s all a bit few and far between nowadays.
I don't recall it but I believe you.

Cheers

I don't recall it but I believe you.

Cheers

It was the quarter time siren. Doesn’t get there but covers a shitload of ground very quickly. As with most things when it comes to this team - the ability is still there, it’s just giving a * and application.

Quaynor one wasn’t a chase but a good get ****ed Jack Darling tackle.

Jesus christ you lot. Way too serious.

Have a melt, cop some sh*t in return. Fan-Boi the team, cop some sh*t in return. Barrack for the lads to get over the line regardless.

It's called banter.

I still love you HoneyBadger35 you campaigner
Next you'll be telling me that people don't literally want the club to fold.

So what were Howe and De Goey doing on the phone during the game? Quick sneaky SportsBet after they were both out or going full Duursma looking for a spit-roast tag team on Tinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back