Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Meg’s: Honestly the rules are an embarrassment to
The game. The umps have no chance and add to that razor ray who needs a strong dose of lead already.

No Head bandaged jelwwod or gablet for them prob makes it a loss for us

Mogz:

The annoying neighbors just got arrrested by the cops

Positives - heaps
Negatives - Third week in a row where Ainsworth has done nothing. Not sure what his role is. What he’s doing surely Jetta can do better.

- must also say that Brander not getting a game in KP area when a KP player needs replacing is a huge negative in terms of the currency we gave for him compared to his output. I’m worried he’s going to fizz out quicker than that bloke who used to rack up 50 touches every wafl game, played a handful for us after social media outcry and now IS back in the SANFL. Can’t even remember his name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go read the Freo board, it is dead set embarrassing and it makes the win that tiny bit better.

First time I heard the song after the win tonight hate it. Kill it off.

Positive - the fremantle board is a fun read fresh after a come from behind win thanks for reminding me .
Also a positive - some of them campaigners are definitely not dealing from a full deck.Theres a few sevens and eights missing.
New team song - possibly not a positive.

Watching live from high up behind the goals, it was pretty astounding how uninfluential Ainsworth was. Not only can he not kick, he's so one paced that he can't guard any large patches of space; as a result he's just plodding from contest to contest but not quite getting there each time, and spending the duration in no man's land.

Between him and Cameron, it was like we were playing with two raffle-winning kids out there. They need to go.

Watching live from high up behind the goals, it was pretty astounding how uninfluential Ainsworth was. Not only can he not kick, he's so one paced that he can't guard any large patches of space; as a result he's just plodding from contest to contest but not quite getting there each time, and spending the duration in no man's land.

Between him and Cameron, it was like we were playing with two raffle-winning kids out there. They need to go.
Its good to get some game time into them in such a high pressure game, at this stage of the season. When the whips are cracking in October (?) you'd expect they'd be spectators.

Positive - the fremantle board is a fun read fresh after a come from behind win thanks for reminding me .
Had a read through for a minute.

It'll be enough to sustain me for a good few months.

Great game. It had an 06 feel like we had another gear.
- Our forwards were too loose on the turnover. Didn't react quick enough to either close space or play tight. Simmo has work to do.
- Ainsworth is a WAFL player at best. If you can't kick and lack intensity you're nowhere.

Legitimate positive away from the emotional posturing:

Our key forwards are so influential in the subtlest of ways. JK obviously shows why he's an all time legend, but Darling does a lot of smart s**t that goes unnoticed and is very physically imposing in its own way. He's one of the best contested spoilers in the team, and he's not afraid to just fist the ball out of bounds for an i50 stoppage if he sees we don't have numbers.

The amount of 1 v 2s with the spare defender floating across that Jack just kills to the boundary and lets us set up is great. Likewise JK, last quarter there was a bit of play that was 1v1 at the drop of the ball and then three Cats to no Eagles within hand balling distance. JK brings it to ground and forces it out of bounds.

Little s**t like that, the spoils and tap ons, add up over the course of a slog like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+ Rip roaring rollicking roller-coaster of a game
Nic and JK pure gold
Duggan has become the hard man we've craved
Liam was great, just needed to finish better
Waterman should now be a regular
Crowd was infinitely more feral than where we usually sit.
Kellys second half

- Carrying 3 or 4 passengers
Doesn't need repeating but the pace and intensity was too much for Ainsworth
Razor plucked a few out of his date, but overall the umps weren't as bad as the crowd indicated
Hurn was ok in the last qtr but seems off the pace
Ah Chee, I dunno I just don't see it, nice mark and goal but little else

+ Yeo giving Razor a huge spray after that trip went unpaid. Had to be pulled away by Kennedy.

No question Razor was batting for Victoria tonight.

Really impressed with Duggan tonight. Continues to build on a really solid season down back and was our best early when the Cats were all over us.

Loved his attack on the footy in the Constable incident (as unfortunate as the outcome was for the young bloke).

+ Pos

Love that we can grind out a win, not playing our way. Had way less marks around ground than the Cats, couldn't get our kicking game going. Found another way.

Perseverance, wore them down in the end and got the pressure game going. Forced some panic in Q4 that helped us ice the game.

Won't repeat too much of what others have said, my nerves still recovering and just glad we banked the points :$

- Cons

Took too long to click defensively, we were cut up for that first half. Pressure in the forward half is still a bit off. Really wanna see JJ back ASAP. The way that Cats chipped the ball from one end to the other with the short kick-marking game was a real worry.

Tackling. I know Sheed did a lot of great things to get our ball movement going tonight, but he is such a liability going the other way still. Cripps just as frustrating in this area.

~ Unsure

Massive game of 'almosts' for Ryan. Could've easily been the X-factor on multiple occasions. He's putting in the work for sure. Won't be long before he rips a game apart, I reckon.

Cameron I reckon gets a couple more weeks to build fitness. Won't get it elsewhere this year, and getting him back to his best outweighs quiet games at this stage of the season. Gotta be patient with him.

one of simpsons early coaching mantras when he arrived at the club was being able to play multiple positions.

the experiment of playing waterman down back at stages the past 3-4 weeks paid dividends tonight because he was very serviceable after edwards went down.

Not bad for someone who can't football anymore:

Coleman-medal.jpg

This is only the second time in his career that Kennedy has kicked 4+ goals in three consecutive matches - the previous being in Round 7, 2013.

The current total of 15 goals over three successive matches is Kennedy's highest since Round 23, 2014 and is only exceeded once over his entire career.

Round 2, 2017 is the last time Kennedy kicked 3 goals during a final quarter.

Coming home and not travelling appears to have completely revitalised him.

Pretty much echo what most have said tonight. Great win, and it felt like 60,000 were there tonight in the scond half. Great atmosphere to be a part of.

Ainsworth unfortunately just doesn't look cut out for the AFL level. Nic Nat, Shuey, Yeo and Kennedy dragged us to the win tonight.

Not bad for someone who can't football anymore:

View attachment 925177

This is only the second time in his career that Kennedy has kicked 4+ goals in three consecutive matches - the previous being in Round 7, 2013.

The current total of 15 goals over three successive matches is Kennedy's highest since Round 23, 2014 and is only exceeded once over his entire career.

Round 2, 2017 is the last time Kennedy kicked 3 goals during a final quarter.

Coming home and not travelling appears to have completely revitalised him.
Said as a passing comment with no data to back it up that this was likely JK's best three game stretch of his career. 4.4, 7.0, 4.0. Rossco medal, game winning effort vs Cats, kicked more goals than the entire Collingwood team. Unreal.

I think we've been so spoiled by his consistent elite output that we don't realise even "old" and "slow" and "past it" JK would still probably be a walk up start for more than half the comp. When he's in this form? Forget about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back