Play Nice Post sanction: Taylor Walker publically apologises for his racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, it is a good apology, and it seems to have been taken as genuine given that Young was willing to appear in the apology video.

But I really hope that people take notice of what a lot of other Aboriginal people are saying about this - that it's not an isolated one-off issue, it's something they see, hear, and feel on a regular basis.

Rowie hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. Is worse than the pathological apologists on our club board. One thing that we know as fact is that a fellow player has thought they heard something worth reporting and the club has passed it up to the AFL. But yes, he is innocent until proven guilty and I'm sure now that it's public, the result will be known sooner rather than later.

This is rich coming from the most negative, hypercritical and pathological pessimist who lurks on the Crows board.

There are actually no 'facts' at all at this stage, only allegations.

I reckon he will sustain a season-ending quad injury while gardening at home this week, and we will hear nothing ever again of this alleged incident. Similar injuries may keep him out for the first couple of games next year.

interesting to see the racism arguments and views around it.

generally the white v black argument re: racism takes away all context and nuance - what about bosnian/serbs, jewish people etc.

australia has an incredibly heavy anti-black racist background - voting rights, genocide, cultural destruction, demonisation etc. that's the context. read about john batman's history, the bloke who 'founded' melbourne, and about what he did in Tasmania.

that's not an opinion, that's history. amplifies things for better or worse. if hypothetically an indigenous player said 'smash that white boy', I'd anticipate you would not see as many issues, because there's significantly less racial context going the other way, that's your 'reverse racism'. less outstanding trauma.

for instance, the word 'cracker' to describe a white person is less offensive than the n-word because there's nowhere near the amount of contextual, impactful racism behind it. call someone the n-word or insult their black skin and you're harking back centuries of anti-black racism and all the genocide/slavery/prejudice associated.

it's the same for gender and sex. you'll see 'positive discrimination' against typically white straight english-speaking males in job searches. people want to espouse and support diversity because of contextual sexism and racism, making things right etc.

tldr: racism isn't black and white (no pun intended), there's history and context which create a massive grey area.

every chance that tex is stepped down for this.
this is what I was trying to say but far better explained. Thanks.

A lot of people are calling for him to be sacked, but I think that's an emotional decision.

Football clubs are a great environment to teach people life lessons. Punish him yes, but then once you've done that bring him back and get the indigenous leaders at the club to educate him and help him understand why he can't say what he said and why it's so hurtful to them.
I see what you're saying, but if he doesn't realise by now that racial abuse is bad and the reasons why it is bad he never will.

I got a PM from someone on the Adelaide board and their source is a mate who has spoken to a player that heard the comment. What was passed on to me is that he said to Matt Crouch, "knock that black **** out". Matches what a poster in here posted earlier and it appears as though what has become accepted truth that it was Crouch he was talking to. So whilst not guilty yet, form line isn't looking promising.

so WeedsMullet84, you LOLd this post, any reason why? Just to prove to that the pathological apologists i refererred to actually exist. Can't wait to hear how you spin it if Tex comes out and admits he stuffed up and deserves any penalties handed down. I suppose you don't even believe a player reported anything and there's actually no investigation taking place because nobody from the AFL has probided anything in writing to you. Just a journalistic beat up no doubt. The silver lining of this dark cloud is watching the likes of you be dragged towards reality, not that you're not capable of ongoing delusion, that's perfectly expected.

Last edited:
This is rich coming from the most negative, hypercritical and pathological pessimist who lurks on the Crows board.

There are actually no 'facts' at all at this stage, only allegations.

The fact is that a player has reported it and there's an investigation underway. What the player claims he said is an allegation, but that he reported it is fact. Plus Rowie has apologised for yesterday's carry on. You're not really all there, are you?

So unless I'm actively out working in communities, I can't speak out against racism? Is that your argument?
If you can't commit your life to these issues, then do nothing at all. Do you not realise how stupid this is and how this makes you look? I'm guessing no.

The only stupid thing is you not understanding my point because it makes you uncomfortable. You can do whatever you want, just don’t tell us on social media how much you “care” about these issues when you can’t be bothered lifting a finger to do anything about them.

you can be anti racism because it’s the right thing to do whilst still not caring about issues facing minorities, aka the vast majority of humans. We are a very selfish species and you can’t deny that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did the other campaigner get suspended for his weak hit on the bloke in the video?

North Adelaide’s Robbie Young has accepted a $125 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for striking Adelaide’s Matt Crouch at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Robbie Young (North) – Striking
Conduct
: Intentional
Impact: Low
Base Sanction: 1 Match
Early Guilty Plea: $125 fine and reprimand (Accepted)

North Adelaide’s Robbie Young has accepted a $125 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for striking Adelaide’s Matt Crouch at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Robbie Young (North) – Striking
Conduct
: Intentional
Impact: Low
Base Sanction: 1 Match
Early Guilty Plea: $125 fine and reprimand (Accepted)

Cheap whack!

The only stupid thing is you not understanding my point because it makes you uncomfortable. You can do whatever you want, just don’t tell us on social media how much you “care” about these issues when you can’t be bothered lifting a finger to do anything about them.

you can be anti racism because it’s the right thing to do whilst still not caring about issues facing minorities, aka the vast majority of humans. We are a very selfish species and you can’t deny that.
Nup I get your point and it's stupid as. It's a disingenuous way to try to minimise or reduce public calling out of racism, which only helps racists.

if anyone is feeling uncomfortable it seems like it's you to be honest, as the more the public call this stuff out for the disgusting s**t it is, the more the troglodytes have to crawl back into their holes. The only reason anyone would try to counter public calling out of racism is obvious.

Nup I get your point and it's stupid as. It's a disingenuous way to try to minimise or reduce public calling out of racism, which only helps racists.

if anyone is feeling uncomfortable it seems like it's you to be honest, as the more the public call this stuff out for the disgusting sh*t it is, the more the troglodytes have to crawl back into their holes. The only reason anyone would try to counter public calling out of racism is obvious.

Well actually you don't get my point, go back and read my posts, I have never said calling out racism is wrong so please get a clue before replying.

Well actually you don't get my point, go back and read my posts, I have never said calling out racism is wrong so please get a clue before replying.
Why do you discourage people from discussing racism. No one needs to prove they are a saint to comment. The ironical thing is seeing you make righteous posts. You are one of the most non caring people on big footy.

yeah don’t you just hate things white people do?

oh and hate racism too… yeah…
what are you doing to address 10 thousand innocent children dying per day exactly? What are you doing to help issues in the aboriginal community? Or is making a social media post enough effort to show you “genuinely care”?

Was wondering if he’d be missed from the AA squad if the investigation is still ongoing in 4 weeks time. But I doubt it considering De Goey will likely be in there with a rape charge hanging over his head.
Salty post is not only salty but ill-informed.

Reverse racism doesn't exist. Racism against white people is racism.

However I don't feel those crying out because of anti-white racism in this thread are doing so because they feel genuinely aggrieved, but rather because they are lashing out because they feel uncomfortable with self-reflecting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back