Power delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...gn-delisted-power-forward-20131026-2w8wr.html

AINSLIE is on the verge of signing former Port Adelaide forward Nick Salter, who was delisted by the AFL club this year.
Salter is overseas and the Tricolours hope he will put pen to paper when he returns.
The 26-year-old played 21 games for the Power, but struggled with injuries during his six years there. With Salter's ability to play as either a key forward or back, Ainslie coach Chris Rourke was hoping he would add versatility to his NEAFL list.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...gn-delisted-power-forward-20131026-2w8wr.html

AINSLIE is on the verge of signing former Port Adelaide forward Nick Salter, who was delisted by the AFL club this year.
Salter is overseas and the Tricolours hope he will put pen to paper when he returns.
The 26-year-old played 21 games for the Power, but struggled with injuries during his six years there. With Salter's ability to play as either a key forward or back, Ainslie coach Chris Rourke was hoping he would add versatility to his NEAFL list.

Ainslie pay good money. I know Robert Shirley was on good coin for them

I am somewhat surprised Salts is moving to ACT. He is such an Adelaide/South Australian lad. I suppose with a young family he really didnt have many options. While big on potential, I just think he didnt worked hard enough to realise it. It didnt help being played out of position but dont know that he fully capitalised on his opportunities when he was given them.

I am somewhat surprised Salts is moving to ACT. He is such an Adelaide/South Australian lad. I suppose with a young family he really didnt have many options. While big on potential, I just think he didnt worked hard enough to realise it. It didnt help being played out of position but dont know that he fully capitalised on his opportunities when he was given them.
I really wanted Salter to make with the Power. He has so much potential but if Ken cut him there must be a good reason.

I really wanted Salter to make with the Power. He has so much potential .....
Nah. Surprising, sure. Got a couple of contract extensions which is puzzling when (acknowledging serial injuries) 3 coaches couldn't use him. To be fair it is clear he was just serving out time in 2013 and Hinkley was never going to use him. I can't even remember him in the pre-season, or was he injured then too?

Nah. Surprising, sure. Got a couple of contract extensions which is puzzling when (acknowledging serial injuries) 3 coaches couldn't use him. To be fair it is clear he was just serving out time in 2013 and Hinkley was never going to use him. I can't even remember him in the pre-season, or was he injured then too?
Like i said.
if Ken cut him there must be a good reason.

Power re-sign Newton, Ah Chee, and Hitchcock, while confirming Mitchell will stay on the rookie list next year.
In another (slightly) surprising move, Renouf has been delisted with the possibility of being pick up as a rookie

Source - PAFC website

Guess this is a pretty strong suggestion we'll be drafting a young ruck in the ND.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously we will look for a PSD pick now that Renouf has gone.

we dont need no third ruck let that big old dino burn... burn big dino, burn.

sorry renouf i like you i just wanted to continue the song. i liked the way he went about it when he got games, he has a huge body but can still move around like a Port ruckman should. it's a great position we're in to be able to delist and rookie him, 12 months ago we weren't sure about any of our rucks. maybe we will draft a third ruck for the list after all.

Think it's a worry Hinkley said in that article that Renouf won't be fit for the start of the season so wanted to allow him to fully focus on his recovery.

I was unaware he was injured again. Thought he was playing for Norwood at the end of the year? If he's not fit for his 3rd pre-season in a row now with us, why not just be done with it and cut him altogether?

Think it's a worry Hinkley said in that article that Renouf won't be fit for the start of the season so wanted to allow him to fully focus on his recovery.

I was unaware he was injured again. Thought he was playing for Norwood at the end of the year? If he's not fit for his 3rd pre-season in a row now with us, why not just be done with it and cut him altogether?
Backup

Because here at Port, we commit to our players and staff

.... If he's not fit for his 3rd pre-season in a row now with us, why not just be done with it and cut him altogether?
Would have been my preferred option. But (surprisingly for me) the club sees some value in him. He had an absolutely golden chance to build a career as he arrived when we were running out of established ruckmen and those we were trying to develop from scratch were just in their early stages. The only possible reason for keeping him IMO is the possibility of developing him as a forward where I think he went OK for Norwood.

Because here at Port, we commit to our players and staff
Yeh right. In the cut-throat AFL competition, you're suggesting we keep charity places on our list for injured, fringe players who have shown next to nothing, out of loyalty to them or something? He isn't a club champion who we can keep on the veterans list if we judge them to have some good possible service left or a developing player with unlucky injuries we're backing in. We can be a good club by helping delisted players find work/support them after they are cut, either with us possibly or elsewhere.

Yeh right. In the cut-throat AFL competition, you're suggesting we keep charity places on our list for injured, fringe players who have shown next to nothing, out of loyalty to them or something? He isn't a club champion who we can keep on the veterans list if we judge them to have some good possible service left or a developing player with unlucky injuries we're backing in. We can be a good club by helping delisted players find work/support them after they are cut, either with us possibly or elsewhere.

You're right, at one point in 2012 he wasn't the leading ruckman in hit outs to advantage leader before injury/Primus, and also didn't rack up a higher percentage in the last game against Carlton than Lobbe. Complete charity case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back