Preview Practice Match vs Brisbane Lions at Burpengary

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, give the guy a bit of a chance. Let's see how he equips himself once he's fully familiar with playing under our team plan and with our players in the heat of a few regular season games first.

Fair enough, im sure against the bottom 5 teams he will do ok, but against real opposition is the concern... I hope im wrong, but from what i've seen I don't think I will be.

JPK resting forward. Hope Derickx can catch it coz he aint no Buddy or Tippett when it hits the deck or with forward pressure.
Naismith is agile when it hits the deck and his forward pressure is very good he was rested.

Rampe does need to work on his disposal but he does have ticker and I suspect he will get the nod over Laidler for round 1 as the incumbent, as it were, until AJ is fit.

I saw him play last time and he was a turnover king no composure so I understood your thoughts.

exactly, with so many on here constantly questioning grundy and rampe. we cannot avoid to bring another ineffective kick into our backline,, no offence to grundy as I rate the bloke behind teddy in backline importance..

Rampe does need to work on his disposal but he does have ticker and I suspect he will get the nod over Laidler for round 1 as the incumbent, as it were, until AJ is fit.

I agree with this!!:thumbsu:

Rampe does need to work on his disposal but he does have ticker and I suspect he will get the nod over Laider for round 1 as the incumbent, as it were, until AJ is fit.

Forget Rampe's season last year. Admittedly have not seen today but thus far he has been putrid ! And his kicking is the least of it. Decision making has been appalling. Sorry but that is the reality of it and he needs to find something if he has the good fortune of starting next week. At this stage it is splitting hairs between him and Laidler.

and at least with rampe, his thought pattern is to thump the ball 70 metres out of the dander area, that's not so bad in theory.

It appears as tho horse is going to go down the lrt path as the the second ruck.. Best option in my opinion . With limited interchanges , every player on the ground needs to be effective, you really can't afford to rotate players who are their purely for a chop out.

Yes lrt will lose more ruck contests than he will win , but he is quite mobile and takes a strong grab. With derickx , after the ruck, he has no real purpose for the team. Reid, Tippett, buddy and goodes ( hopefully) render him pointless as a forward.

Lrt will play down back, and can play up forward of required. In a perfect world , we won't see derrickx this year if lrt and pyke stay fit

It appears as tho horse is going to go down the lrt path as the the second ruck.. Best option in my opinion . With limited interchanges , every player on the ground needs to be effective, you really can't afford to rotate players who are their purely for a chop out.

Yes lrt will lose more ruck contests than he will win , but he is quite mobile and takes a strong grab. With derickx , after the ruck, he has no real purpose for the team. Reid, Tippett, buddy and goodes ( hopefully) render him pointless as a forward.

Lrt will play down back, and can play up forward of required. In a perfect world , we won't see derrickx this year if lrt and pyke stay fit

Anything that keeps Tippett out of the ruck is a bonus for us structure wise.

Anything that keeps Tippett out of the ruck is a bonus for us structure wise.

Agree, too much invested to risk injury. Plus the threat he causes up forward and pressure on defences he and buddy create, far outweigh what he could contribute in the ruck. I'd rather get flogged in the ruck if it meant Tippett stayed forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy played three quarters they iced him for the last. I will work on uploading the footage I took today some of it a bit shaky and it was windy so the volume gets effected. Probably didn't do a great job but will show some of the game for those who are keen. See what I can do over the next few hours as I'm not great with that stuff.

Ted was very good at the back and Laidler actually impressed me. I can see him in best 22 early on when they set up the win Pyke and LRT rucked. Brandon Jack and Jones ran the boundary for three quarters I think so I guess that probably tells you where they are in the plans. We were too poised and composed for a mistake riddled Brisbane who always went sideways with the ball as we manned up, up the field. I had Brisbane supporters around me crying foul about the umpiring so probably a good sign that we were first at the ball mostly. Thought Macca and Malceski were very good with very good delivery. LRT looked pretty good out there as well. Kennedy was solid and the other onballers all contributed. We fluffed it into the forward line on occasion and need some work. Another who went in hard and battled well all day with pressure was McGlynn. Thought Rohan was a little quiet but still a contributor. Rampe was ok and was the only one that seemed a bit ginger at the end. (other than Rohan te he he) I video recorded that so you will see what I mean,

Was very very hard to see the other side of the field because of the camber in the field. So don't take my thoughts as gospel. Brisbane won the ruck with Luenberger he is very good but we negated a lot of it.

Anyway I will see if I can get some video up on you tube tonight.

The Swans were so clean with their disposal, so quick with their spread and so calm under pressure as the gaping chasm between genuine premiership contender and pretender was put on show.

MATCH REPORT

Jarrad McVeigh (34 disposals, nine clearances), Josh Kennedy (26 possessions, nine clearances and Nick Malceski (25 touches) were the best for the rampant Swans while Brent Moloney (34 disposals, eight clearances), Jack Redden (26 disposals) and Daniel Rich (28 disposals) were Brisbane’s best.

Brisbane were simply outclassed by a Swans side that was just missing Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett and Luke Parker from its first-choice 22.

SYDNEY 3.2 6.5 9.10 12.14 (86)

BRISBANE 1.1 2.2 5.8 8.11 (59)

Goals:

Sydney: Lance Franklin 2, Mike Pyke 2, Josh Kennedy 2, Ben McGlynn 2, Sam Reid, Jarrad McVeigh, Lewis Jetta, Harry Cunningham

Brisbane: Tom Rockliff 2, Luke McGuane 2, Brent Moloney, Sam Mayes, Trent West, Ryan Lester.

Best:

Sydney: Jarrad McVeigh, Josh Kennedy, Nick Malceski, Mike Pyke. Ted Richards, Nck Smith, Lance Franklin

Brisbane: Brent Moloney, Jack Redden, Jed Adcock, Daniel Rich, Justin Clarke, Sam Mayes, Luke McGuane.

Fox sports

Buddy played three quarters they iced him for the last. I will work on uploading the footage I took today some of it a bit shaky and it was windy so the volume gets effected. Probably didn't do a great job but will show some of the game for those who are keen. See what I can do over the next few hours as I'm not great with that stuff.

Ted was very good at the back and Laidler actually impressed me. I can see him in best 22 early on when they set up the win Pyke and LRT rucked. Brandon Jack and Jones ran the boundary for three quarters I think so I guess that probably tells you where they are in the plans. We were too poised and composed for a mistake riddled Brisbane who always went sideways with the ball as we manned up, up the field. I had Brisbane supporters around me crying foul about the umpiring so probably a good sign that we were first at the ball mostly. Thought Macca and Malceski were very good with very good delivery. LRT looked pretty good out there as well. Kennedy was solid and the other onballers all contributed. We fluffed it into the forward line on occasion and need some work. Another who went in hard and battled well all day with pressure was McGlynn. Thought Rohan was a little quiet but still a contributor. Rampe was ok and was the only one that seemed a bit ginger at the end. (other than Rohan te he he) I video recorded that so you will see what I mean,

Was very very hard to see the other side of the field because of the camber in the field. So don't take my thoughts as gospel. Brisbane won the ruck with Luenberger he is very good but we negated a lot of it.

Anyway I will see if I can get some video up on you tube tonight.
Mixed reports on Laidler , Looking like Pyke/LRT combo going into R1 ? , Rok didn't see much ?

LRT was the big bonus today. He was blowing a bit in the second half but he was good forward in the air and on the deck with pressure. He was also competitive as second ruck and around the ground. He is a lock best 22 and a very important player for us this year. I love the way he is 100% every contest in air or ground.

I think Laidler will struggle due to his decision making. Good in air though.

Rampe is the one that I am worried about. Great one on one but his disposal by foot is woeful. Cant afford him a Reg in same backline unless others injured. For mine Rampe and Laidler miss assuming AJ is fit. That also locks LRTs spot.

Given the heat and wind I thought skills and system were good today. Buddy looked very dangerous every time he went near the ball and I thought worked well with Reid in first half. Our forward set up will be scary when Tippett and Goodes return.

All in all I have come away feeling significantly more confident than after last weeks debacle in Blacktown.

Buddy came off at half time not 3 qtr time. Was nursing either a slight hammy or knee issue.
Laidler played well as far as i could see. Great intercept mark, think he is the first choice with rampe coming off the bench.

Buddy came off at half time not 3 qtr time. Was nursing either a slight hammy or knee issue.
Laidler played well as far as i could see. Great intercept mark, think he is the first choice with rampe coming off the bench.
Horse said he got a knock to his knee and didn't want to risk him , mixed reports on Laidler

If LRT is going to be utilized as the forward-second ruck then Rampe and Laidler must play in the same team, especially against the tall Giants forward line
I thought he would of been the 3rd tall down back to start the season with the Giants and Pies going with the 3 tall forwards , shows you how much I no , do you think LRT will play FF/2nd ruck ?

If LRT is going to be utilized as the forward-second ruck then Rampe and Laidler must play in the same team, especially against the tall Giants forward line

An excellent point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back