Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't think of a positive angle to this. It is disappointing. Hopefully Bedford can play most of the season, he has a good base of fitness at least. He can be 23rd man when he gets back.

Doesn't seem like Jones is going to effected all that much from this maybe a few weeks on the sideline but nothing too serious, Bedford is obviously really disapointing and then it doesn't seem too bad with Daniels still being a chance for R1 but considering his history it's a worry for sure.

Doesn't seem like Jones is going to effected all that much from this maybe a few weeks on the sideline but nothing too serious, Bedford is obviously really disapointing and then it doesn't seem too bad with Daniels still being a chance for R1 but considering his history it's a worry for sure.
As a first year, though, Jones needs to be training and playing practice games throughout the whole pre-season to be properly ready for round 1. Even a short stint on the sidelines will push him back, IMHO.

Very unfortunate news for us.

As a first year, though, Jones needs to be training and playing practice games throughout the whole pre-season to be properly ready for round 1. Even a short stint on the sidelines will push him back, IMHO.

Very unfortunate news for us.
Might mean a couple extra games in the 2s for him if he really was a R1 player, don't think this will have a drastic impact on his rookie season going forward

Alot of love for your younger players this preseason,

Just wondering how Toby Greene is tracking? Full preseason? I think he was injured at the end of the year, all good now?

Will he have to stay deeper now, because of the bad news bout Bedford, Jones & Daniels?

Could Conor Stone stay deeper, while Greene takes some mid-fwd split left by Taranto or vice versa?

Alot of love for your younger players this preseason,

Just wondering how Toby Greene is tracking? Full preseason? I think he was injured at the end of the year, all good now?

Will he have to stay deeper now, because of the bad news bout Bedford, Jones & Daniels?

Could Conor Stone stay deeper, while Greene takes some mid-fwd split left by Taranto or vice versa?
Toby sat out the intra last week with a calf issue, think it was a preseason precuationary thing pretty sure he's good to play in this weeks intra club. Don't think his role will be effected at all by the injuries to the other forwards, seems like the plan was always for him to be an exclusive forward and not really someone that pushes up the ground. Think Stone's chances are better now then they were a week ago but it seems of the 3 that got injured only Bedford is a lock to be unavaliable for R1, seems Daniels is expected to be avaliable at least at this stage and Jones is facing an uphill battle I'd think but yet to be ruled out but think it's more likely he joins the team a couple rounds into the season. Jones was a decent chance for R1 if he got through all the practice games but now that he's going to miss with injury I think a few games in the 2s is likely to get his legs under him.

Stone has got to be a lock now doesn't he?

My main worry is with Bedford out and Jones/Daniels under injury clouds, we are now short of the three fastest and most agile smalls on the list. We cant play a slow and unaccountable forward line again... it hurts us too badly on the rebound

Toby sat out the intra last week with a calf issue, think it was a preseason precuationary thing pretty sure he's good to play in this weeks intra club. Don't think his role will be effected at all by the injuries to the other forwards, seems like the plan was always for him to be an exclusive forward and not really someone that pushes up the ground. Think Stone's chances are better now then they were a week ago but it seems of the 3 that got injured only Bedford is a lock to be unavaliable for R1, seems Daniels is expected to be avaliable at least at this stage and Jones is facing an uphill battle I'd think but yet to be ruled out but think it's more likely he joins the team a couple rounds into the season. Jones was a decent chance for R1 if he got through all the practice games but now that he's going to miss with injury I think a few games in the 2s is likely to get his legs under him.
Thanks mate, hopefully some luck

My main worry is with Bedford out and Jones/Daniels under injury clouds, we are now short of the three fastest and most agile smalls on the list. We cant play a slow and unaccountable forward line again... it hurts us too badly on the rebound
Would think so as long as he's ticked all the fitness boxes, still seems like he's being ramped up to full training atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was my initial concern as well, but I think it should be okay.

Bedford is definitely a loss but it seems like Daniels' was only a minor strain, so he should hopefully be good to go for round 1 still. Jones I was never expecting a round 1 debut from anyway.

So assuming he is fit and ready, I think the only change will end up being Stone in for Bedford. Could be worse.

So according to this Toby Greene has a calf injury and won’t play in the inter-club this weekend? Good news is he’s expected to play the pre-season game against Gold Coast

I know he's currently injured, but where we do see Fahey at for this season? Another year of development?

With Ash and Whitfield holding a more permanent role at halfback and Cummings already locking down his role in the backline. It's going to be hard to see him break into the side with guys like Cooper Hamilton also in the waiting.

I know he's currently injured, but where we do see Fahey at for this season? Another year of development?

With Ash and Whitfield holding a more permanent role at halfback and Cummings already locking down his role in the backline. It's going to be hard to see him break into the side with guys like Cooper Hamilton also in the waiting.
We do seem to have quite a few guys looking to fill that spot.
Cooper, Fahey, Peatling, Kennedy (now forward supposedly) and even Angwin who is also listed as a fwd.

I'd imagine one of those guys will get a wing spot?
Probably Cooper/Peatling.
It has been quiet on the Fahey front of late. Guess he will have to tough it out and show his class in the VFL

So current body count?

Fahey
Daniels
Greene
Bedford
Jones
Grusewski

Anyone else? And how is this early run rate compared to past years (eg the long lost David Joyce "injury update" era)?
Sounds about right.
Angry Office GIF

So current body count?

Fahey
Daniels
Greene
Bedford
Jones
Grusewski

Anyone else? And how is this early run rate compared to past years (eg the long lost David Joyce "injury update" era)
Toby is only unavailable for the intra-club this week, and Daniels is expected to be available for the first round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back