Training Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Long, Armo, Goddard and Freeman. The forgotten bunch who if fit and firing will give our team such a boost with competition for spots. They are the ones I am keen to get some pre-season goss on
correct me if im wrong but Long was fit last year just not doing enough in the VFL to push for senior selection

correct me if im wrong but Long was fit last year just not doing enough in the VFL to push for senior selection
Apparently fatigue was a contributing factor..

i remember talking to a fairly pessimistic saints person at one of paddys first games and he posed the question of if the club made an error taking him considering he was not super tall, not super fast and didnt have a huge tank.. my responce was strength .. Paddy has the frame to become a beast strenght wise he is already a great mark but get him pumping the iron (ala G-train) and he will be one of the most intimidating blokes in the AFL ragdolling his defenders ..

paddy probably needs tony Locket to teach him to play that way. or does he already know how?

If we can't be optimistic at this stage of the season, then there's truly no hope. TG I'm a glass half full type - would be pretty sad to live life the other way.

Can't we laugh at ourselves anyway? These days I'm happy that Paddy is even training but it was a pretty funny comment. You can still be a smart mouth cynic and a glass half full type. That's what being a Saints fan is about. You wouldn't keep going if you were a pessimist and a Saints fan.

According to an old article I found on Paddy/our 2014 draft the other day, Trout said Paddy ran a 13.5 beep about 18 months prior to his draft, which if true is actually a very good result for someone of that size and so far out from his draft, and might explain why he's looked capable of pushing all the way down into defence even to provide an option.

Tom McCartin is known for his relentless running, so perhaps Paddy will have a better running game than most expect.

Trout was also quoted in Quayle's book as saying that Paddy had previously done a 2.99sec 20m sprint, which is also very good for someone that size. Apparently WC's Josh Kennedy did his in around 3.16sec in his draft year, to put that into perspective.

Last edited:
According to an old article I found on Paddy/our 2014 draft the other day, Trout said Paddy ran a 13.5 beep about 18 months prior to his draft, which if true is actually a very good result for someone of that size and so far out from his draft, and might explain why he's looked capable of pushing all the way down into defence even to provide an option.

Tom McCartin is known for his relentless running, so perhaps Paddy will have a better running game than most expect.

Pretty sure I also remember reading at one point (possibly from Quayle's book) Trout saying that he'd done a 3 second 20m sprint, which is also very good for someone that size. Apparently Josh Kennedy did his in around 3.16sec in his draft year, to put that into perspective.

Someone suggested Lockett to coach him, but i reckon G-Train.

Program:
1. Running hard and fast at opponent while making angry face.
2. The stare.
3. Plastic Chair Kicking
4. General Attitude.
5. Bench press

Someone suggested Lockett to coach him, but i reckon G-Train.

Program:
1. Running hard and fast at opponent while making angry face.
2. The stare.
3. Plastic Chair Kicking
4. General Attitude.
5. Bench press
how great would that be .... the Saints Media guys should get onto that get G-Train down to the club mentoring Paddy on
Gehrig%20mullet.jpg

Mullet maintenence
g-train-angry.jpg

angry face making
Gehrig_Pies246x316a.jpg

Evil stare down

Trout was also quoted in Quayle's book as saying that Paddy had previously done a 2.99sec 20m sprint, which is also very good for someone that size. Apparently WC's Josh Kennedy did his in around 3.16sec in his draft year, to put that into perspective.
I can see his pace on the lead, but the relentless running doesn't pass the eye test when you go through his body of work at AFL level. He certainly has struggled with repeat sprinting, and hopefully that is where he can find the most improvement. Paddy's ability to clunk the ball and crunch the pack though is salivating, and he has already demonstrated that prowess at AFL level. There is much to be excited about, anyway.

One of my favourite moments of the 2016 season...

Can't wait to have a big key forward crashing packs again. I think Bruce will benefit a great deal if Paddy takes the next step, can be a very damaging lead up forward.

I raise you with Paddys pack mark vs Collingwood R3 2016 at 30seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ST KILDA youngster Hugh Goddard appears to have finally found some of the luck that deserted him over the past two seasons.

After enduring serious Achilles and foot injuries in a torrid 24 months, the 21-year-old has been impressive on the track in his fourth pre-season at the Saints.

Goddard looked fit and healthy on the track on Friday, attacking training with a vigour that will give himself a chance to build on his nine career games.

Paddy ran some laps yep lock in the coleman.

Weller played at 91kgs last year. Glad we have all these expensive sport scientists taking care of our players. No wonder he was injured and crap. I would be sacking the fitness department for allowing this too happen. Amatuerish.

You alright mate?

Weller played at 91kgs last year. Glad we have all these expensive sport scientists taking care of our players. No wonder he was injured and crap. I would be sacking the fitness department for allowing this too happen. Amatuerish.
For a bloke listed at 182cm and with such a muscular build I don’t think 91kgs is cause for an average season. Not often you would blame skinfolds for a bung (and possibly mismanaged...?) ankle.

No. Just him. Cant remember a time when he has posted anytning positive.

It is curious ad he obviously knows footy as he attends VFL matched.

For some reason he thinks incessant negativity is the way to go on here
If you look hard enough there may just be one positive post in there somewhere pal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back