Preview Preview vs St Kilda, Saturday 22nd, 4:35PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

The game against Carlton was one of the darkest days for the club in years.

The boys have a chance to redeem themselves this week. Anything less than 100% effort should be a career ender. This is time to send a message and play well for the Victorian fans who had to sit through that disgusting Carlton game.

If we put together another listless performance attention must be put on whether the boys want it enough

Please, that didn't even crack the top 10

Witherden is doing a reasonable job 3KZ .I was surprised seeing him in the flesh .He's not that big .

He's one of those guys who looks slow but I'm hopeful that as he gets stronger he'll get to the ball and get rid of it a lot easier . I'm completely unsure of how good he'll be but at this point he's a promising player with a few things to work on ,which he's doing.
He had improved as the season has gone on.

St.kilda 6 wins...us 7. St.Kilda started well and slipped away a bit. Not that much between the 2 sides.

Hopefully the sting of loosing to Carlton still burns for our blokes. Hoping I can cheer along a win from section 42 on level 3.

Go lions!

Have a look at who St Kilda has beaten and who we've beaten though. In terms of wins, we're way ahead. I'm not saying I don't think we can lose but the Saints have had one of the easiest draws to start the year.

After consulting with my supporter colleagues we just scratch our heads after selection most weeks . There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it . This week it's a bit of a nothingburger.

The issues that appear to have grown more prevalent as the season has progressed are still there . We really need to win this one. Hopefully the week off can bring some guys into form.

After consulting with my supporter colleagues we just scratch our heads after selection most weeks . There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it . This week it's a bit of a nothingburger.

The issues that appear to have grown more prevalent as the season has progressed are still there . We really need to win this one. Hopefully the week off can bring some guys into form.

Really?

Bundy replaces and injured Taylor. Lester and O return after a forced absence. The rest of the team are the players that the coaches think are best suited to execute a gameplan that gives us the best chance of winning.

Have a look at who St Kilda has beaten and who we've beaten though. In terms of wins, we're way ahead. I'm not saying I don't think we can lose but the Saints have had one of the easiest draws to start the year.

All the best tomorrow guys. My best mate is a Lion so it's gonna be tough watching it with him! But in regards to your comment on "easiest draws to start the year" - I think that's ridiculous. We went through a patch of matches in a row consisting of Adelaide (coming good again), West Coast (reigning premiers), GWS (top 2 team) and Collingwood (need I explain?). That is NOT an easy draw haha

Again, all the best and enjoyed reading this thread. Seems this fan base is as paranoid as ours!

All the best tomorrow guys. My best mate is a Lion so it's gonna be tough watching it with him! But in regards to your comment on "easiest draws to start the year" - I think that's ridiculous. We went through a patch of matches in a row consisting of Adelaide (coming good again), West Coast (reigning premiers), GWS (top 2 team) and Collingwood (need I explain?). That is NOT an easy draw haha

Again, all the best and enjoyed reading this thread. Seems this fan base is as paranoid as ours!

Did you beat any of them?

But in regards to your comment on "easiest draws to start the year" - I think that's ridiculous. We went through a patch of matches in a row consisting of Adelaide (coming good again), West Coast (reigning premiers), GWS (top 2 team) and Collingwood (need I explain?). That is NOT an easy draw haha

But you didn't win any of them, which was my point. You've played six games against crappy opponents (relatively high) and won them all. We can throw Hawthorn in there given we've both beaten them. We've won seven games including three against top 9 (haha Port) teams, including going 2-1 against the teams you mentioned as part of a hard draw.

Really?

Bundy replaces and injured Taylor. Lester and O return after a forced absence. The rest of the team are the players that the coaches think are best suited to execute a gameplan that gives us the best chance of winning.
That's fine. I don't agree with them .

Is that allowed ?

But you didn't win any of them, which was my point. You've played six games against crappy opponents (relatively high) and won them all. We can throw Hawthorn in there given we've both beaten them. We've won seven games including three against top 9 (haha Port) teams, including going 2-1 against the teams you mentioned as part of a hard draw.
We've been beaten as we went into the supposedly easier part of our draw.

I think the draw is obviously unfair and teams like Collingwood get a free ride for the cynical sake of the competition ,but the funny thing is if you start looking at your draw and factoring in games is usually when your season goes off the rails

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but you said there’s no rhyme and reason to it but the logic is clearly quite simple. Disagreeing with team selection is as inevitable as death and taxes.
Well that's true . But there's no rhyme or reason to us because things that stick out like a dog's niagaras aren't being addressed.

In our opinion.

We've been beaten as we went into the supposedly easier part of our draw.

Yeah, if we didn't <insert metaphor here> against Carlton the form lines would be a lot clearer (two wins clear; only dropped one game to an average team) and there'd be a lot less angst.

Yeah, if we didn't <insert metaphor here> against Carlton the form lines would be a lot clearer (two wins clear; only dropped one game to an average team) and there'd be a lot less angst.
Perception and sentiment plays a huge role in how you feel about your team.

Last year we were mostly happy even though we only won 5 games. We didn't cough it up too badly too often and were seen as going as well as we could.

Now that we've had a little breakout year thus far the expectation is that we not only play well all the time ,but that we don't lose games we should have a good chance of winning .

There's a lot more pressure on the team now ,other teams are really doing their homework on us ,against Carlton we were the hunted which has most of the time been an unfamiliar role for us.

Perception and sentiment plays a huge role in how you feel about your team.

Last year we were mostly happy even though we only won 5 games. We didn't cough it up too badly too often and were seen as going as well as we could.

Now that we've had a little breakout year thus far the expectation is that we not only play well all the time ,but that we don't lose games we should have a good chance of winning .

There's a lot more pressure on the team now ,other teams are really doing their homework on us ,against Carlton we were the hunted which has most of the time been an unfamiliar role for us.

Agree, and this is a good thing (despite the increased grief it's causing).

If the boys can have a win this weekend and 1 other game works in our favour (Port v Geelong) In this weekends matches.
Then we still finish the round 2 games clear of 9th!

Always?

Averaged 18 disposals, kicked 16 goals and played well both forward and back last year.

This year he certainly looked a lot slower than the previous year, but let's not exaggerate.
How dare you let reason and facts get in the way of a good melt.

St.kilda 6 wins...us 7. St.Kilda started well and slipped away a bit. Not that much between the 2 sides.

Hopefully the sting of loosing to Carlton still burns for our blokes. Hoping I can cheer along a win from section 42 on level 3.

Go lions!
Have a look at who the saints have beat and get back to me.

Have a look at who the saints have beat and get back to me.

"They lost to team x, and we've beat team y, so therefore we should win easily" has never been a viable tool for predicting any sporting matches. That's not to say you aren't the deserved favourites, but using that as a measure is pointless.

"They lost to team x, and we've beat team y, so therefore we should win easily" has never been a viable tool for predicting any sporting matches. That's not to say you aren't the deserved favourites, but using that as a measure is pointless.
Never measured our form against yours. You beat a team we lost to last round. I was skeptical about our maturity before the carlton game. And even more so now.

Just think your 6 win 6 loss is quite flattering at the moment. Considering 2 lucky wins against gold coast.

I'll be happy with the selections if we win [although I struggle to come to grips with the thinking behind Christensen's pick].

If not, I'll go into deep depression once again. The Carltank capitulation has left me with deep, deep mental scars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back