teagueyubeauty

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
I want to win premierships, absolute elite facilities helps that. Council and local residents won’t extend boundaries even 1 metre further into parkland so you can’t have both.

Just rapt we will be staying at Princes Park for the long term future and not moving to a soulless facility in the middle of nowhere well outside the heart of the clubs foundations like just about every other club out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I dont really get the complaining about 'the fans' - there are no AFL games played there, enough room for practice games and AFLW games fans.

Personally, if i have a complaint, is the tax payers money that gets spent on this stuff - when 99.99% of taxpayers wont be allowed to use any of it - bar some bullshit community centre aspect all clubs throw in to get the government money.

thylacine60

Post-Human
Jun 4, 2006
Elwood FFS
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
I take it that the crowds are given some concrete to stand on in the refurbished areas. Comfy.
we used to swoon when during the off-season they slapped a coat of shitty brown paint over the splintered benches in the ald gardiner stand..........fans at princes park have always been a club irritant............

HBF

Flying Scotsman
Sep 24, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
we used to swoon when during the off-season they slapped a coat of shitty brown paint over the splintered benches in the ald gardiner stand..........fans at princes park have always been a club irritant............
I remember the preseason they actually used some weedkiller in the terraces of the Pratt Stand.
I had to take my milkcrate to see above most of them.

blueycarlton

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2008
carnegie
AFL Club
Carlton
I remember the preseason they actually used some weedkiller in the terraces of the Pratt Stand.
I had to take my milkcrate to see above most of them.
By Gum, Absolute luxury!
We had to make do with standing in the outer and rushing under the tin shed when it rained, if we were lucky.
No sitting undercover in a freshly painted Gardiner Stand, no, or, having the means to purchase a milk crate!
Bloody silver tails!
And as for weed killer..............

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
The day we played Geelong and kicked three goals and still won on the coldest wettest Princes Park day ever. There were 44 gallon drums around the terraces with fires lit. Only the diehards turned up that day.
Thought it would end with a team goalless but cats got two in the last ten minutes from memory.

skadoosh

Club Legend
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

THE Carlton Football Club’s Masterplan took a significant step closer to becoming reality on Wednesday morning.

The Hon Minister Martin Pakula and Senator the Hon Jane Hume joined Carlton President Mark LoGiudice at Ikon Park on Wednesday morning to celebrate the progression of the construction works.

Stage 1 of the Ikon Park Masterplan is now well underway and will see the Blues possess the first fully-integrated football facilities in the League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SurreyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Have to be impressed with what MLG has achieved as president so far, including debt reduction. Like to see him get some reward for the hard work and effort he has put in over the past many years. My only qualm is that we don't get to play some home games at PP but I'm still confident there is a wild card yet up his sleeve.

CJMB

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Have to be impressed with what MLG has achieved as president so far, including debt reduction. Like to see him get some reward for the hard work and effort he has put in over the past many years. My only qualm is that we don't get to play some home games at PP but I'm still confident there is a wild card yet up his sleeve.
Not going to happen. We've already got more members this year than have ever fit into the place (62,986 at 1945 VFL Grand Final apparently). The current capacity is 24k while our average home attendance in 2019 was 46,730. The aim is to outgrow Docklands, not shrink down to fit back at PP.

SurreyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Not going to happen. We've already got more members this year than have ever fit into the place (62,986 at 1945 VFL Grand Final apparently). The current capacity is 24k while our average home attendance in 2019 was 46,730. The aim is to outgrow Docklands, not shrink down to fit back at PP.
What are the crowd no. for Freo, GC, WC, GWS games? Anyhow......

DirtyLeeds

Senior List
May 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I actually asked the very same question at the forum, your response is the Judge's almost verbatim, uncanny actually

SammaGilberto

Club Legend
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
What are the crowd no. for Freo, GC, WC, GWS games? Anyhow......
Carlton vs WCE - Marvel Stadium - 32,802
Carlton vs GC - Marvel Stadium - 31,765

Carlton v Gold Coast Suns - Marvel Stadium - 28,025
Carlton v West Coast Eagles - MCG - 27,900
Carlton v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - 21,430
Carlton v GWS Giants - Marvel Stadium - 16,697

Carlton v Gold Coast Suns - Marvel Stadium - 24,968
Carlton v GWS Giants - Marvel Stadium - 23,194

So with that and our membership numbers only growing we'll easily be getting over the max capacity @ Princes Park.

I was at all of these games bar the West Coast 2019 one, I am sad I had to remember the 2018 GWS, Gold Coast and Freo games @ Marvel... Tom Lynch kicking 8, Freo 12.5 77 - Carl 0.7 - 7 at half time and GWS outplaying us with 16players in the last qtr...

Last edited:

DangerousD

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I have no doubt that, if you stump up the $150M to get the stadium up to current standards, the board, the AFL and the fans wouldn't have a problem playing there.

Remove this Banner Ad