Mod. Notice Q&A with Geoff Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Fuss will be recording a pre-draft Q&A with Geoff Parker tomorrow at midday and has invited questions from our posters.

So if you have some draft questions get them in here before midday tomorrow. I don't think Geoff will tell us who we are planning on taking with pick 21 but he might give some thoughts about general strategy.

Fire away!

What does the club consider as its depth (chart) at key forward? What is the strategy long-term in this area?

To what extent do club recruiters know 'who's going where' prior to the draft?

Hi Geoff, hoping for another good draft for Port, the recent drafts have been excellent.

Two questions please.
1/ Will you ever draft a player without doing a formal interview with him?

2/ When interviewing potential draftees, how long does the interview go for and what sort of questions do you ask him?

Thanks.

Q; Could you please name the three best prospects from each u/18 state team (incl. Vic Country and Metro), except for SA, we'll keep that to ourselves Parko! Thanks and good luck for the draft.

Hi Geoff, hoping for another good draft for Port, the recent drafts have been excellent.

Two questions please.
1/ Will you ever draft a player without doing a formal interview with him?

2/ When interviewing potential draftees, how long does the interview go for and what sort of questions do you ask him?

Thanks.

Didn't we do this with Ollie?

Didn't we do this with Ollie?
No, Ollie was interviewed pre draft
Advertiser
Wines had a fair idea he'd be chosen by Port Adelaide last night, having spoken to football manager Peter Rohde and coach Ken Hinkley at length and becoming excited at the prospect of joining a club seeking to prove a few people wrong.
"Towards the end of the day I had a fair idea (of Power picking him up)," Wines told The Advertiser. "I'm really excited by the prospect of going to Port Adelaide.
"Right now, there are so many nerves. When my name was read out it was just a huge weight off my shoulders and now I can get on with ... a career in the AFL.
"I was a bit on edge. Recruiters can't guarantee anything and I was happy to go anywhere.
More

In a year that is reportedly shallow for talent, is more work done to ensure that we absolutely nail our first pick, or have the recruiting team spent more time trying to find those diamonds in the rough with our last two picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you play Dreamteam or Supercoach?

Have we learned our lesson in terms of trying to out-think the competition and simply draft the best player available with our picks, weighted toward but not necessarily choosing KPP over midfielders/flankers?

What about the buses? I am not happy with your prior answer.

Now I have church on Sundays, and dinners in the evenings, its also hard for me to make lunch time games or the afternoon sessions.

My question is, what are you going to do for me, we demand answers

What long term strategies are in place regarding the composition and aim of the rookie list? And with the increase in maturity and depth of the squad, in the past year or so, has that changed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back