Media Qox Sports Presents: A Moment in Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 1 Pt 2: The Interviews

Hi All, and welcome to the second part of the first installment of A Moment in Time. Over the past few days I have sat down with both Deddy and Papa Juggs to get their recollections and opinions in hindsight on just what happened that fateful day 13 season ago.

Deddy

Noobz0r: Hi Deddy, thanks for coming on. I know it has been quite awhile since we have seen you around the league.

Deddy: No worries, happy to be here. My recollection of the whole series of events is very hazy as it was years and years ago and the SFA hasn’t even crossed my mind itself in years too.

Noobz0r: All good, we'll see how we go. First up, looking back do you still think that you deserved that ruck spot based on your output?

Deddy: I felt like I was pretty hard done by at the time. I came in pretty hot at the beginning of my tenure and loved the Demons. I created a fair bit of buzz about myself and had many clubs calling to inquire about my services, foolishly some still do.

Many things can be said about Juggs but he helped give me a start and looked after me pretty well in the beginning after taking over from EBIAC. Juggs does have the tendency to rub people the wrong way though. As an obviously (very) young poster I copped my fair whack of criticism and feel as though Juggs had my back fairly well throughout Season 14. It was a combination of things that lead to a bit of friction between the two of us throughout season 15, and I felt that my posting output warranted the hotly contested ruck position. He clearly disagreed. Juggs already had enough enemies throughout the league so I was surprised with how he handled the situation. Juggs and I didn’t (and probably still wouldn’t) see eye to eye on many things, however he was captain of the club at the end of the day and had to do what he thought was best for the club. Whether the situation could have been handled better or if he did the right thing is a matter of opinion but there’s no hard feelings from my end towards him.

Noobz0r: I think it certainly put your name up in lights at the very least! Were there any moves behind closed doors to replace Juggalo Balla at that stage of the season?

Deddy: I honestly don’t recall there being any talk of a mutiny of sorts from within the club. A lot was being side from outside the club however and I think after I left discussions may have been had but I was not privy to any at the time.

Noobz0r: Fair enough, I figure all of the external innuendo was likely based on rumour and invented facts to help the narrative then. Do you regret quitting the club, or how you handled the situation?

Deddy: I loved the club and league when I first joined and my youthful exuberance really shone through I think. I as with most kids, didn’t really know how to handle criticism about my posting style/ability and that sapped some of the enthusiasm out of me. The whole situation with Juggs and the Demons took what was left of my enjoyment of the league and I jumped around a few clubs but never could find that spark I had in Season 14, which is sad because I really did enjoy my time in the league. I felt like some protection and guidance would have helped but who knows, maybe the few failed runs afterwards showed I was a lost cause by then.

Noobz0r: Having joined in Season 16, you certainly did have a noticeable reputation around the place. Though I never did get to see you reach that peak again. Last question mate, The Demons played off in a Grand Final that season and lost, do you think you could have made a difference?

Deddy: Anything can happen on the big day, so who knows.

Noobz0r: Fair enough, that's us done. Thanks for coming on!

Deddy: No worries Noobz, well written piece mate.

Juggalo Balla

Noobz0r: Hey Juggs, cheers for agreeing to be interviewed. I know you certainly take a backseat these days!

Juggs: All good.

Noobz0r: First up, do you still feel justified in your refusal to give Deddy the ruck position that he coveted?

Juggs: It was my policy to move players around if they weren't posting, that is still the policy with most teams even today.

Noobz0r: Fair enough, I guess the main issue is that people are normally completely inactive and therefore more accepting of the situation. Do you think that external agitation from other posters, such as boncer34 and okeydoke7, went too far?

Juggs: External agitation is the whole league. They were free to do what they did.

Noobz0r: Thanks for playing that with a straight bat. Overall, how do you view your legacy as an SFA captain?

Juggs: I was a damn good captain. I stood up for what was right at the time. The league was in a sad state and putting me among the captains of the time really fired everybody up and real change and progress started to happen.

Noobz0r: You certainly did have the ability to cause a stir. Last question: Were you pushed, or did you leave of your own accord?

Juggs: I left of my own accord. There was no mutiny.

Noobz0r: Fair enough, thanks for allowing me to interview you mate.

*crickets*

And that's a wrap for Episode 1. See you next week for Episode 2!

Juggs time as captain consisted of him fighting every idea on the captains board, me ignoring him and implementing them and then him trying to claim credit when the idea inevitably paid off due to my personal brilliance.

Juggs comes across as quite measured in this interview. That’s a false representation of himself.

I actually liked Juggs’ antagonism, unpopular views and ability to fly off the handle. I liked it because I assumed it was his shtick.

It wasn’t.

I know this because when we were going back and forth in a thread with Juggs losing it for the 436th time, I received several private communications from him which contained the most disgusting, foul-mouthed, cold hard abuse imaginable.

What I love about this league is that we can have huge arguments and tremendous rivalries but all know it’s a bit of fun. Often, you have a laugh with the other posters involved behind the scenes.

But those private communications proved that Juggs actually WAS just off his head.

Horrible captain. Joke administrator candidate. Excellent novelty factor though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juggs comes across as quite measured in this interview. That’s a false representation of himself.

I actually liked Juggs’ antagonism, unpopular views and ability to fly off the handle. I liked it because I assumed it was his shtick.

It wasn’t.

I know this because when we were going back and forth in a thread with Juggs losing it for the 436th time, I received several private communications from him which contained the most disgusting, foul-mouthed, cold hard abuse imaginable.

What I love about this league is that we can have huge arguments and tremendous rivalries but all know it’s a bit of fun. Often, you have a laugh with the other posters involved behind the scenes.

But those private communications proved that Juggs actually WAS just off his head.

Horrible captain. Joke administrator candidate. Excellent novelty factor though.
Having gotten to know him over the past couple of years, I genuinely think he has mellowed.

Reading this thread just reminds me why I was so thrilled when Papa Juggs not only left the leadership group but the Bears altogether.

I don’t agree with the way he conducts himself online, especially the incoming death threat to my inbox for this post. But I am happy to support him by paying a significant amount of income tax and throwing a bottle cap into the “Fedoras Anonymous” jug at Grilld.

Good series Noobz0r !

I was stoutly against Juggs getting a possie in the Roys team list a while ago. I have no qualms with the bloke personally, but I didn't think he'd fit in. I was bemused to return after hiatus to find him squirrelled away in the attic of the BJO like Gary Busey! But he was a sedate shadow of himself by this time, which translated to a much more huggable juggable.

Note: if anyone can recall a controversial moment that they would like to see featured on this media piece, please hit me up via PM with a rundown of the posters involved and a rough guess at the season / round.

I might have some things.

I first met Juggs when I turned him into an old lady innkeeper with a secret stash of zombies in her basement in one of the first werewolf games and we've been friends ever since.

RIP Juggs.

Reading this thread just reminds me why I was so thrilled when Papa Juggs not only left the leadership group but the Bears altogether.

I don’t agree with the way he conducts himself online, especially the incoming death threat to my inbox for this post. But I am happy to support him by paying a significant amount of income tax and throwing a bottle cap into the “Fedoras Anonymous” jug at Grilld.

Sad but true account of the events, it would have been easier to cure aids then it was to get rid of Juggs.

Sad but true account of the events, it would have been easier to cure aids then it was to get rid of Juggs.

I thought it was real nice of ShaunDuggan the time he promised he'd join any club that took Juggs in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back