Recommitted Quinton Narkle [one year contract extension]

Remove this Banner Ad

Put it this way Narkle would be handy but Geelong won't be giving him away for nothing wouldn't put it past them to ask for a 2nd Round draft pick or a player
like a Lazzaro being a Geelong Falcons boy.
Hopefully North doesn't fall for that as we need our 1st X 3 round picks plus Lazzaro as he will be in our Round 1 team in 2022 and is a good young player and it would be Footballing Suicide to get rid of him.
Narkle can join the queue of players that North can look at for the PSD.
Geelong will in fact be giving him away for nothing unfortunately so no need for any of that

Geelong apparently interested in Hanrahan.
We need midfield depth.

Straight swap?
Um I guess if they actually want Hanrahan sure, but I don't see why we would. I think between Miers, Close, and Evans all in that age group small forward is one of the deepest points on our list. Wouldn't make any sense. Probably just his manager fishing for a deal

Geelong apparently interested in Hanrahan.
We need midfield depth.

Straight swap?

If we want hanrahan thats a fair swap but im not sure why we would want him as we have lots of small forwards.

Put it this way Narkle would be handy but Geelong won't be giving him away for nothing wouldn't put it past them to ask for a 2nd Round draft pick or a player
like a Lazzaro being a Geelong Falcons boy.
Hopefully North doesn't fall for that as we need our 1st X 3 round picks plus Lazzaro as he will be in our Round 1 team in 2022 and is a good young player and it would be Footballing Suicide to get rid of him.
Narkle can join the queue of players that North can look at for the PSD.

Narkle has very little trade value; he doesn't get played enough and doesn't have a tremendous amount of upside. I predict Geelong will get very little for him. A club can't expect a lot when he only makes the team when there is an injury.

If we want hanrahan thats a fair swap but im not sure why we would want him as we have lots of small forwards.
Mitchell has played him in the middle over the last few games at Box Hill and may have unlocked something. Averaging around 29-30 disposals, upwards of 6-8 clearances and a goal a game over that 3 or 4 game period. Clarko has continued to play him off a flank or pocket when he's brought him up.

I think Sam will keep Hanrahan around to explore further in midfield role, but I'd be equally happy for him to do the same with Narkle.

Mitchell has played him in the middle over the last few games at Box Hill and may have unlocked something. Averaging around 29-30 disposals, upwards of 6-8 clearances and a goal a game over that 3 or 4 game period. Clarko has continued to play him off a flank or pocket when he's brought him up.

I think Sam will keep Hanrahan around to explore further in midfield role, but I'd be equally happy for him to do the same with Narkle.
If he's not getting played as a mid in the seniors at the Hawks he won't get played as a mid in the seniors at the cats. Not sure why he'd seek a trade.

If he's not getting played as a mid in the seniors at the Hawks he won't get played as a mid in the seniors at the cats. Not sure why he'd seek a trade.
Probably only if he had a 2 year offer instead of the 1yr from Hawks.

Any word on what Narkle is doing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally posted in here months ago.

Deal done with RFC and was laughed at.

Confirmed again by Cats marketing member 2 weeks ago.

Something massive would need to change.

Probably for a future 3rd id say.

Im surprised though he doesnt really suit richmonds gamestyle imo..then again maybe they are going to change the gamestyle anyway.

Probably for a future 3rd id say.

Im surprised though he doesnt really suit richmonds gamestyle imo..then again maybe they are going to change the gamestyle anyway.
Big changes needed, Will be interesting though. I'm not as certain as other fans bur if we can get him for a future 3rd i would take him

Yes from a Geelong perspective but realistically he won't.
Hmmm, I was honestly thinking future second if I'm honest. However i guess with how inconsistent his game time has been we may as well see if a third gets it done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back