Preview R11: Five Changes v St. Kilda, ANB to debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does ticketing at this shithole stadium work? I went to have a look online and I can chose from about 4 bays. Surely this game isn't in danger of selling out? where is general admin?
The 4 bays are general admin, hence it being a shithole.

Ethiad is a massive shithole I'd rather go to Waverley. Most of the bottom deck is reserved seating so you're likely to be up top deck. I usually just watch it in standing area there.

I'm hearing a rumour that Angus will not be named in the side.

Seems like a stupid rumour and i doubt we'd drop the rising star of the last round.

Ethiad is a massive shithole I'd rather go to Waverley. Most of the bottom deck is reserved seating so you're likely to be up top deck. I usually just watch it in standing area there.
I actually like the top deck at Docklands, especially since you can easily get a seat in the first row if its a dee's game.

In: Dom Tyson, Billy Stretch, Viv Michie, Alex Neal-Bullen, Jack Grimes, Jake Spencer, Dean Terlich
Out: Matt Jones (Omitted), Colin Garland (Hand), Aaron Vandenberg (Hamstring), Ben Newton (Omitted)

Tyson named on the field as expected. Good to see M. Jones finally turfed.

My bench would be: Michie, Riley, ANB, Grimes.

Michie for sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the starting 18 rearranged to position:
FB: Jetta Dunn Fitzpatrick
HB: Cross McDonald Lumumba
C: Toumpas Jones Tyson
HF: Watts Hogan Brayshaw
FF: Howe Pedersen Garlett
Foll: Gawn Vince Viney

Give me a bench of: Grimes, Stretch, Riley and ANB please
Emer: Spencer, Terlich, Michie

The bench ill go with this week: Grimes, Riley, Mitchie, ANB (sub)

Cant see Roos going with both Stretch and ANB in the same side even though id like to see it myself.

Grimes for Garland makes sense and Tyson for vandenberg, but with Newton and Matt Jones both out I can't see how Stretch doesn't get a game either as sub or preferably starting. We need outside run and skill.

We beat Collingwood at contested ball and didn't have the outside ability to take advantage of it. Stretch might be young but he's our best hope on that list of ins.

If it means he's the sub or ANB is the sub or even misses out then so be it.

Grimes for Garland makes sense and Tyson for vandenberg, but with Newton and Matt Jones both out I can't see how Stretch doesn't get a game either as sub or preferably starting. We need outside run and skill.

We beat Collingwood at contested ball and didn't have the outside ability to take advantage of it. Stretch might be young but he's our best hope on that list of ins.

I didn't see it like that at all, we killed them in the 2 quarter with run and quick ball movement, it was stupid turnovers that hurt us, nothing to do with outside run.

Anyway i hope both Stretch and ANB get a game, id prefer seeing both of them over Michie, Terlich, Spencer and even Riley.

In: Dom Tyson, Billy Stretch, Viv Michie, Alex Neal-Bullen, Jack Grimes, Jake Spencer, Dean Terlich
Out: Matt Jones (Omitted), Colin Garland (Hand), Aaron Vandenberg (Hamstring), Ben Newton (Omitted)

799f759ae7796eec05bbcb9a83c002bf.240x196x48.gif

I'm comfortable that he'll end up as an emergency, but still...

I didn't see it like that at all, we killed them in the 2 quarter with run and quick ball movement, it was stupid turnovers that hurt us, nothing to do with outside run.

Anyway i hope both Stretch and ANB get a game, id prefer seeing both of them over Michie, Terlich, Spencer and even Riley.
It was a game of varying quarters. The first quarter we were making silly turnovers. The 2nd and 3rd quarters we sure had patches of great play but other times we made mistakes when unable to get clean ball movement, with more run and skill I think we would've lessened them. Same in the last quarter, where we couldn't find the run to get an early goal or two and get back in the contest.

So I think Stretch has to play. There's no point having all of the same types of inside mids filling in at half forward or on the wing. Then I agree ANB is worth a shot over the other guys. The only question would be if he's the sub is it worth playing him? I'm not a huge fan of the sub on debut unless there's a guarantee of the second week. Even less so with an interstate kid. Michie or even Terlich (depsite the valid criticism) could be better off filling in as sub whilst ANB plays another full week at Casey and builds his form.

In terms of playing style ANB is a much closer swap for Vsndenberg than Tyson. I hope he makes the final side. Think he's going to be another hit for Taylor. He was expected to go a lot earlier in the draft so ended up being a steal for us.

Roos doesn't like Terlich:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-03-07/roos-fumes-after-terlich-mistake

God i love a good public dressing down

If my boss had spoken to me like that he would be sitting on his backside with his nose gushing blood. Got sacked from the Public Service for belting a Manager who suggested I had stolen his gold pen. Accused me in front of the whole office. Chinned him and waited. Shortest career in the PS 10 days. Turned out he had misplace the "special Gold Pen".

Raging at people never works. I have no doubt Terlich was well aware of his error and an encouraging word would have been just as effective.

If my boss had spoken to me like that he would be sitting on his backside with his nose gushing blood. Got sacked from the Public Service for belting a Manager who suggested I had stolen his gold pen. Accused me in front of the whole office. Chinned him and waited. Shortest career in the PS 10 days. Turned out he had misplace the "special Gold Pen".

Raging at people never works. I have no doubt Terlich was well aware of his error and an encouraging word would have been just as effective.

:D:D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I love this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back