Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i would like to see, but will not.
FB---McGovern Jones Simpson
HB---Willo Weiters Doch
C---Cunners Crippa Walsh
HF---Murph Casboult Martin
FF---Betts McKay Philp
R---Pitt Curnow Gibbo
Inter---LOB Setters Fish JSOS
Plow is playing his 100th game this week. Pretty sure we won't take that away from him.

I’ve depressed myself enough these past few days, so he’s my positive for the week and until next week I’ll try and leave it with this;

I truly believe, in most cases, we play better on the road. We know mentally we cannot do it for a long period of time, eg. 2 or 3 weeks. So maybe, just maybe, being together for a month, might be the ignition or wake up call this group needs and the road to success begins. We can hope.......

Wouldn't be against that line up

Only changes I would make is Plow for Gov, TDK for Harry

SPS to be in that lineup, Betts lucky to survive on current form
Actually i entirely forgot about SPS. He is struggling, but also being played out of position i believe. Across half-forward i think he could be more suited.

100 games..... wow... how many games left until he shows us why he was a number 3 pick.

#28 for us. He doesn't have to justify anything.

#79 for us

We used #28 to get him, Phillips Lamb and Sumner but the latter two were salary dumps while Phillips was a back up ruck. Plow was the one we really wanted and would have paid #28 alone for.

Sorry thought you ment games played. My mistake. Yes true 28 for 4 players seemed a steal at the time

We are already ahead with the games we have got out of the 4. Hell, we even got something back for Phillips in a trade.

People have always used the word 'hate' where maybe 'don't like' or 'prefer something else' something is concerned, it's nothing new. I think we can work out what they mean. The same happens with the word 'love'. No biggie.
[/QUOTE
Id associate that with foreign 'street language'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't get the Gibbons hate on this board.
It's because a VFL player selected by Supplementary Selection as opposed to all the other draftee's, and overlooked by other teams, couldn't possibly be any good. Equals unfair bias.

edit. Has only played 26 games and had 1 pre-season, still learning.

Last edited:
Eddie has played one good game out of four. Cunningham too, one good one, we really need them to have big one's Sunday.

Jack and Kennedy have to come in and add some grunt.

And I never thought I would see it but …... Crippa bashing on here :eek:

REALLY??!!!!

Last edited:
Eddie has played one good game out of four. Cunningham too, one good one, we really need them to have big one's Sunday.

Jack and Kennedy have to come in and add some grunt.

And I never thought I would see it but …... Crippa bashing on here :eek:

REALLY??!!!!

Yeah, those players are naturally a bit hot and cold, and I think that's come to be expected. It's the same across the comp, I reckon your small forwards and part time mids tend to run a 1/1/1 split. 1 really good game, 1 average game, 1 poor game.

I think the Cripps "bashing" is justified. We've gotten used to him carrying that midfield, and we know he's capable of it. At the moment, he's either injured/unfit or not switched on for some reason, and it's hurting us. Can't really afford to have our prime mover struggling when he lacks the speed to be applying defensive pressure instead. At the moment he's being held out of the contest and then his opponents are hurting us the other way on the spread.

His back-up option is to go forward, but his kicking for goal has been off as well, so that's of limited use.

Don't want us to be over-reliant on Crippa, but by the same token when there's only 3 mids in the centre square he's gotta be doing his part as well. If there's a valid reason he can't at the moment, get him out of the side for a week or two to freshen up, and then unleash him when he's 100%.

Yeah, those players are naturally a bit hot and cold, and I think that's come to be expected. It's the same across the comp, I reckon your small forwards and part time mids tend to run a 1/1/1 split. 1 really good game, 1 average game, 1 poor game.

I think the Cripps "bashing" is justified. We've gotten used to him carrying that midfield, and we know he's capable of it. At the moment, he's either injured/unfit or not switched on for some reason, and it's hurting us. Can't really afford to have our prime mover struggling when he lacks the speed to be applying defensive pressure instead. At the moment he's being held out of the contest and then his opponents are hurting us the other way on the spread.

His back-up option is to go forward, but his kicking for goal has been off as well, so that's of limited use.

Don't want us to be over-reliant on Crippa, but by the same token when there's only 3 mids in the centre square he's gotta be doing his part as well. If there's a valid reason he can't at the moment, get him out of the side for a week or two to freshen up, and then unleash him when he's 100%.
There's nothing wrong with cripps other than jack steele is a very good match up for him. Apart from matt de boer he's probably the best player to stop cripps in the AFL.

When cripps has a hard tag like that it does expose our midfield depth, but there aren't many teams in the AFL who have a player who can do that. The bulldogs don't have a player who can do that so watch cripps take home 3 brownlow votes this week.

The long break will do him good. Thursday to Sunday is like a mini-bye.

See the tape on his leg last week? Basically from his knee down into his boot. He's obviously carrying something.

That said I don't think he's been as bad as has been made out. He hasn't been Herculean like usual but we've hardly been carrying him. He'd still be at the pointy end of the BnF right now imo.

There's nothing wrong with cripps other than jack steele is a very good match up for him. Apart from matt de boer he's probably the best player to stop cripps in the AFL.

When cripps has a hard tag like that it does expose our midfield depth, but there aren't many teams in the AFL who have a player who can do that. The bulldogs don't have a player who can do that so watch cripps take home 3 brownlow votes this week.

Hope that's the case, but to my eye he's looked off his game as far as effort and intensity, in both of the last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back