Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea why LOB hasn't been in the team this year yet?
Thought he had cemented his spot on the bench at the very least towards the end of last season.

What’s the deal with tickets for the match??
Afl app says bugger all about them.
Looks like I’ll get to see a few games as I’m now Brisbane based 👍
Some members got an email giving them early access. I believe it's opened up to everyone for purchase of Thursday, pending availability - though I'd suggest there'd be no problem with that

I think Plow's errors are magnified too muuch and that makes him a whipping boy. He is worthy of being in our best 22-25 every week. He is serviceable (at worst) and can do a great defensive job at best
Can we find him a secondary position if he is getting beaten? (and I don't mean playing ressies)
I agree.. Jones does one to two howler turnovers gets caught in no mans land or crashes pack to our disadvantage every week But is acceptable .. outside of docherty and weitering I don't trust any of our back six with the ball or Defensive decision making .. people say how good we are defensively -- Our points against don't back this up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. posters bag players
2. posters defend players
3. fnm_just a man says posters shouldn't defend players

Not quite.. I’m far more inclined to defend than pot players. Rarely do I have a go at players actually. However, the point is that there doesn’t seem to be much room for sensible discussion at the moment - discussion that includes warranted criticism as well as due praise. Those who relentlessly criticise are intolerable, though most are on ignore these days.

What’s the deal with tickets for the match??
Afl app says bugger all about them.
Looks like I’ll get to see a few games as I’m now Brisbane based 👍
youll find them on ticketek. dont pay attention to the question asking for password (if you dont have one) just above the 'next' button.
$30 per adult.

I agree.. Jones does one to two howler turnovers gets caught in no mans land or crashes pack to our disadvantage every week But is acceptable .. outside of docherty and weitering I don't trust any of our back six with the ball or Defensive decision making .. people say how good we are defensively -- Our points against don't back this up

Personally i feel our points against is more due to our midfield.

My recollection of those poor quarters we've been having is that we were just getting absolutely pumped out of the middle and the I50 count would be incredibly lop-sided. Pretty hard for our defenders when they are under siege.

Though there were certainly times on the weekend our defenders probably could have done better eg Geary marking and goaling in 1v1's against Doc & Simmo, Weitering unable to spoil King and of course Jones gifting 2 goals with errant kicks

Personally i feel our points against is more due to our midfield.

My recollection of those poor quarters we've been having is that we were just getting absolutely pumped out of the middle and the I50 count would be incredibly lop-sided. Pretty hard for our defenders when they are under siege.

Though there were certainly times on the weekend our defenders probably could have done better eg Geary marking and goaling in 1v1's against Doc & Simmo, Weitering unable to spoil King and of course Jones gifting 2 goals with errant kicks
Against St Kilda in particular everything was coming in uncontested and fast. Nothing a defender can do in that situation. Sure guys taking uncontested marks inside 50 looks bad and you look at his defensive opponent, but if the ball has flown from contest to inside 50 in just a few seconds there's really not much a he can do unless the kick gives him a chance.

Fwiw Weiters not being able to spoil king I think was way more about King than it was Weitering. King is 204cm and jumped with arms extended. Weitering with a running jump still couldn't get high enough - and I'd suggest there's not a defender going right now that could've. Sometimes someone just does something you can't stop, and the King brothers seem to be doing that a fair bit at the moment.

Against St Kilda in particular everything was coming in uncontested and fast. Nothing a defender can do in that situation. Sure guys taking uncontested marks inside 50 looks bad and you look at his defensive opponent, but if the ball has flown from contest to inside 50 in just a few seconds there's really not much a he can do unless the kick gives him a chance.

Fwiw Weiters not being able to spoil king I think was way more about King than it was Weitering. King is 204cm and jumped with arms extended. Weitering with a running jump still couldn't get high enough - and I'd suggest there's not a defender going right now that could've. Sometimes someone just does something you can't stop, and the King brothers seem to be doing that a fair bit at the moment.

Yep that's fair...the King's look so impressive and project to dominate once they mature. Reckon Weitering will learn from it and next time put a bit more body work into King rather than the run and jump. At least for now Weitering should have the strength advantage to knock him off balance (and B King when we face GC).

Just read an article on Fox Sports that we are ranked 17th for pressure in first quarters and taking out the Geelong game, are -78 points across the other 4 first quarters. That is shocking, especially considering it's shortened quarters...losing first quarters by 20 points makes it extremely difficult to win.

Gotta bring pressure against anyone, but Doggies will absolutely slice us up with their game style and thrash us if we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back