Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Go for it. Not even the usual far right leaning SRP crowd have had the audacity to attribute some kind of Islamic motive or justification behind this attack. If you wanna be the one to do so, go right ahead.
Are you able to back up your sweeping statement as bolded, or are you just chasing the truck?

Here we go again; people hate their actions held up to them and reflected to them

This forum is about a racist act - why does it keep going back to having a go at the person it is directed...Goodes did a lot of great stuff. Realise you do not care about the double standards

I know o

Yep racists hate being called racist; very precious, want to be racist without being called out- sad really. You can justify however you want but it says more about you than it does than Goodes

I'm not getting involved in a tit for tat argument it's like a Looney Tunes rabbit season - duck season all over again :p

I boo who I want to boo, I do not discriminate by skin colour. I booed Chris Judd, Gary Ablett jr, Fyfe, Ferrito, Thomas, Watson etc with the same amount of ferosity as I would with Number 37 :).

I'm not getting involved in a tit for tat argument it's like a Looney Tunes rabbit season - duck season all over again :p

I boo who I want to boo, I do not discriminate by skin colour. I booed Chris Judd, Gary Ablett jr, Fyfe, Ferrito, Thomas, Watson etc with the same amount of ferosity as I would with Number 37 :).

If i was going to be obtuse I'd say it's interesting you won't refer to him by name but will by number.

Look booing is OK, unless too many people boo. However, too many people booing is OK if you committed a dog act on the day. However if too many people boo every game after, it is then not OK. However too many people booing every week when you have not committed any dog acts can still be OK if you are Lindsay Thomas, just not Adam Goodes. Get it?

such a precious post - diddums doesn't like being called out. Onwards o ignorant one enjoy your banter

Long may you have the right to voice your ignorance

Same with this.....if you do not believe the booing of Goodes was not racist good luck, guess what he thought it was!

Long may you have the right to lay the boot in to others and not discuss the impact it has on others.

We are now in a fight for the rights of those who want to offend others, better defend their rights.....yep it is a circular argument but it always ends up about you not the one

such a precious post - diddums doesn't like being called out. Onwards o ignorant one enjoy your banter

Long may you have the right to voice your ignorance

Same with this.....if you do not believe the booing of Goodes was not racist good luck, guess what he thought it was!

Long may you have the right to lay the boot in to others and not discuss the impact it has on others.

We are now in a fight for the rights of those who want to offend others, better defend their rights.....yep it is a circular argument but it always ends up about you not the one
I'd certainly hope so! The right to offend and be stupid needs to vigorously defended, precisely because those who offend and are stupid are most likely, well, stupid.

I'd certainly hope so! The right to offend and be stupid needs to vigorously defended, precisely because those who offend and are stupid are most likely, well, stupid.

Agreed.

I don't agree with most of what you've posted so far, but I don't think you shouldn't have the right to say what you think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ffn disgrace this post

Why?? Is it racist?? If it was to a white guy there would be no news.. The point is it was a banana. I agree it is disrespectful and the fan that did it should he punished, but racism is used so frequently these days and it drives a wedge in society. People use it as a weapon and love to play the victim. It pisses me off!! Was the individual aiming the banana at him personally?? Or just threw it because he/she was a sore loser..

Why?? Is it racist?? If it was to a white guy there would be no news.. The point is it was a banana. I agree it is disrespectful and the fan that did it should he punished, but racism is used so frequently these days and it drives a wedge in society. People use it as a weapon and love to play the victim. It pisses me off!! Was the individual aiming the banana at him personally?? Or just threw it because he/she was a sore loser..

Read the first few pages of this thread, dickhead.
And stop being offended when people stand up to people doing offensive things.

So you think without the Goodes incident, that people would've just let the Betts one slide?

Get off the wacky tobaccy mate.

Goodes has done things for indigenous culture and awareness.

Still absolutely pales in comparison to the impact Malcolm X had.
I didn't say Goides had achieved the same as Malcolm X; you've misread my post almost as much as you misread the whole Goodes situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back