Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have.

$850 piece of rubbish.
European by any chance?

Over priced and over hyped, you're paying for snob value. Can't really go wrong with brands like Sunbeam or Breville IMHO.

We've got a Breville Oracle and it's an absolute ripper.

European by any chance?

Over priced and over hyped, you're paying for snob value. Can't really go wrong with brands like Sunbeam or Breville IMHO.

What type of coffee machine is it?

We've got a drip filter type (I don't actually know what its proper name is) and it's just ok, but I prefer a good, strong instant. I'm not sure if it's just that we're using the wrong coffee or it's the machine, but it always tastes a bit insipid. I love proper coffee from a cafe or barista over instant though, obviously, but can never get the same magic at home.

What type of coffee machine is it?

We've got a drip filter type (I don't actually know what its proper name is) and it's just ok, but I prefer a good, strong instant. I'm not sure if it's just that we're using the wrong coffee or it's the machine, but it always tastes a bit insipid. I love proper coffee from a cafe or barista over instant though, obviously, but can never get the same magic at home.
It literally does the lot - all you have to do is fill it with water and coffee beans. It grinds and tamps the coffee and heats and froths the milk to your desired temperature and consistency. As close as to barista made coffee as you can get at home.

It wasn't particularly cheap, I bought it for the wife as a "push present" after the birth of our son. Worth every cent though, as the prospect of having to deal with the missus without having had her morning coffee doesn't even bear thinking about:D

It literally does the lot - all you have to do is fill it with water and coffee beans. It grinds and tamps the coffee and heats and froths the milk to your desired temperature and consistency. As close as to barista made coffee as you can get at home.

It wasn't particularly cheap, I bought it for the wife as a "push present" after the birth of our son. Worth every cent though, as the prospect of having to deal with the missus without having had her morning coffee doesn't even bear thinking about:D
Oh that sounds brilliant, haha and that's an excellent motivation for forking out the cash and buying one.

Might have to look into it when I'm not a uni student ha.

European by any chance?

No .

Nescafe pod system.

Water as warm as tap hot water.

Looks like you need to spend $2000+

No .

Nescafe pod system.

Water as warm as tap hot water.

Looks like you need to spend $2000+
That's not a coffee machine.

If you're happy to grind the coffee beans, tamp them and manually heat/froth the milk, you can get something very decent for about $500.

That's not a coffee machine.

If you're happy to grind the coffee beans, tamp them and manually heat/froth the milk, you can get something very decent for about $500.

No.

I have 15 minits to have breakfast everyday not water and pull coffee beans off a tree or whatever you suggest.

No.

I have 15 minits to have breakfast everyday not water and pull coffee beans off a tree or whatever you suggest.

I've got a few coffee trees. Very few, not an orchard or anything, and even tho its the best coffee you can get, easily as good as that stuff cats s**t out, its just such a pain in the arse to process properly. It takes hours, then 2 weeks then days to get a few kg and it just isn't worth it. If I had a farm and processed it properly I'd want at least 100 bucks a kilo to make it worthwhile, probably more.

It was great the first few times before the novelty wore off ... and the coffee was unreal. Every bean was picked at perfect ripeness which makes heaps of difference. A few too many unripe beans can really make it taste like s**t.

I'd get up 20 minutes earlier just to make a moka pot coffee properly tho ... well I do i spose, and using a machine is much quicker. I used to wake up and be straight into stuff before I started drinking coffee. I could wake up and be working within half an hour. Drinking Coffee kills that. Need it once there are young kids on the scene tho.

I've got a few coffee trees. Very few, not an orchard or anything, and even tho its the best coffee you can get, easily as good as that stuff cats s**t out, its just such a pain in the arse to process properly. It takes hours, then 2 weeks then days to get a few kg and it just isn't worth it. If I had a farm and processed it properly I'd want at least 100 bucks a kilo to make it worthwhile, probably more.

It was great the first few times before the novelty wore off ... and the coffee was unreal. Every bean was picked at perfect ripeness which makes heaps of difference. A few too many unripe beans can really make it taste like s**t.

I'd get up 20 minutes earlier just to make a moka pot coffee properly tho ... well I do i spose, and using a machine is much quicker. I used to wake up and be straight into stuff before I started drinking coffee. I could wake up and be working within half an hour. Drinking Coffee kills that. Need it once there are young kids on the scene tho.

Bit like home beer brewing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. A bit.

Home brew is a bit more worth it tho. Coffee is cheap as.

I'm glad I did it, but its not something I'd so again. These days the beans go to waste every year cos who has the time to process them?

I feel much better now having read this from an article by David Brooks of the New York times, talking about Donald Trump.

"He is thus the all-time record holder of the Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence."

Aren't we so lucky to have this man in charge of the world.

I feel much better now having read this from an article by David Brooks of the New York times, talking about Donald Trump.

"He is thus the all-time record holder of the Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence."

That is a great article.

I loved the bit where the way Trump tells it, every 15 minute meeting runs two hours because people like him so much.

We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar.
Pretty much sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back