Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/ga...e/news-story/61c86ebd3066adff7d59469092beb30e

Bob Katter says the same-sex marriage vote is a ‘big fat lie’

The independent pollie told the station the government has wasted a year on the issue, when his Australia is “burning” because of high unemployment, crime and lack of water.

“You’ve put another nail in your coffin, Malcolm,” he said in the interview.

044ae7916cb187f512278ee369010adb

Not everybody pleased with yesterday’s results. Source: AAP.Source:AAP

“When you die and go to the good lord, he’ll say how did you spend that good year when the people of Australia gave you the most power of anyone in this country? What did you do with that power he gave you?

“Oh! You’ve decided they’re going to have these rights, but they’ve already got these rights. I don’t think God will be pleased with him.”

The Member for Kennedy said same-sex couples already had the same rights as heterosexual couples.

“If you’re living with somebody, you automatically have all of the duties and responsibilities of marriage — so nothing at all changes,” he told the station.

“The parliament spent an entire year occupied by this stupidity and not one single thing changes.”

He also took aim at Bill Shorten for being the “champion of the LGBTQ … ABCs whatever they call themselves” while being silent on the “50,000 families who lost their jobs”.

d55f917ecb050524975a96581d77b753

Bob Katter is nowhere to be seen in yesterday’s celebrations. Source: AAP.Source:AAP

It is not the first time Mr Katter has taken aim at LGBTQI issues.

In August, he lashed out at the gay community, accusing it of stealing “the most beautiful word in the English language” and warned the same was happening with marriage.

Mr Katter said he was furious that homosexuals and lesbians had “taken” the word gay, which used to mean happy.

“I have a very clear idea of what is going on here: the homosexuals in Australia, they took the word gay,” he told Sky News.

He has also said same-sex marriage should not be taken seriously and deserves to be ridiculed.

“Truly this proposition deserves to be laughed at and ridiculed. It doesn’t serve any serious treatment,” he said at a pro-marriage rally in 2012.

Religion has no place as the basis for law making.
This x 100.

I saw some absolute nonsense yesterday about how religion has to have a place in law making otherwise the laws will be grounded on the lowest moral/ethical base. Honestly, who sets their morality/ethics by their standard of the church anymore?

Cleaning out the garage last night. Found this.

View attachment 438001

Amazing the junk you find. Hard rubbish collection today but some poor sucker had nicked it earlier. Good riddance.

I have seen the original twice.

It is A3 size...behind 6 inch glass...and in front of 356 Tourists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awoke to the sad news of the passing of a legend & the soundtrack of my childhood :( :guitar:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-19/malcolm-young-acdc-dies-aged-64/9165530

Malcolm Young: AC/DC co-founder and guitarist dies aged 64 after suffering from dementia
Updated 12 minutes ago

Legendary Australian guitarist and AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young has died aged 64.
Known for the powerhouse riffs and rhythm guitar that propelled the Sydney group to superstardom, Young's family said in a statement he had been "suffering from dementia for several years

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/ga...e/news-story/61c86ebd3066adff7d59469092beb30e

Bob Katter says the same-sex marriage vote is a ‘big fat lie’

The independent pollie told the station the government has wasted a year on the issue, when his Australia is “burning” because of high unemployment, crime and lack of water.

“You’ve put another nail in your coffin, Malcolm,” he said in the interview.

044ae7916cb187f512278ee369010adb

Not everybody pleased with yesterday’s results. Source: AAP.Source:AAP

“When you die and go to the good lord, he’ll say how did you spend that good year when the people of Australia gave you the most power of anyone in this country? What did you do with that power he gave you?

“Oh! You’ve decided they’re going to have these rights, but they’ve already got these rights. I don’t think God will be pleased with him.”

The Member for Kennedy said same-sex couples already had the same rights as heterosexual couples.

“If you’re living with somebody, you automatically have all of the duties and responsibilities of marriage — so nothing at all changes,” he told the station.

“The parliament spent an entire year occupied by this stupidity and not one single thing changes.”

He also took aim at Bill Shorten for being the “champion of the LGBTQ … ABCs whatever they call themselves” while being silent on the “50,000 families who lost their jobs”.

d55f917ecb050524975a96581d77b753

Bob Katter is nowhere to be seen in yesterday’s celebrations. Source: AAP.Source:AAP

It is not the first time Mr Katter has taken aim at LGBTQI issues.

In August, he lashed out at the gay community, accusing it of stealing “the most beautiful word in the English language” and warned the same was happening with marriage.

Mr Katter said he was furious that homosexuals and lesbians had “taken” the word gay, which used to mean happy.

“I have a very clear idea of what is going on here: the homosexuals in Australia, they took the word gay,” he told Sky News.

He has also said same-sex marriage should not be taken seriously and deserves to be ridiculed.

“Truly this proposition deserves to be laughed at and ridiculed. It doesn’t serve any serious treatment,” he said at a pro-marriage rally in 2012.

OK so let me see if i understand this correctly?

Here's a bloke that reckons just because of his imaginary deity "God" would be unhappy that Real Actual people that just happen to prefer having an intimate relationship with someone who happens to be the same sex as them shouldn’t be allowed to get married!

the same bloke uses his imaginary deity to criticise the PM ,

While using his time on parliament to campaign on such pressing issues as -Restore individual rights, such as "fishing freely and boiling a billy without a permit".

“I have a very clear idea of what is going on here: the homosexuals in Australia, they took the word gay,”
oh yeah , i think i can see where he is coming from here, surely any same sex couples feelings to one another pail into absolute insugnificance when their primary aim is to hijack the word "Gay" to selfishly describe themselves, the audacity of them.

i spent the entire year making pointless visits to the bathroom, surely that suggests that i wasn’t able to achieve a single feat as well in the course of the year,

Seriously, Iam hardly a fan of the sitting government ATM but this bloke speaks with the IQ of a primary school student and yet people continue to vote for the clown, Then again I suppose its good to see the Westminster system working well by giving complete idiots representation in Canberra.

Happy World Toilet Day

On a serious note I met the bloke who started the World Toilet not-for-profit and stats on the number of people who die each year because of a lack of sanitation is mind boggling. One thousand kids a day! Preventable deaths.

OK so let me see if i understand this correctly?

Here's a bloke that reckons just because of his imaginary deity "God" would be unhappy that Real Actual people that just happen to prefer having an intimate relationship with someone who happens to be the same sex as them shouldn’t be allowed to get married!

the same bloke uses his imaginary deity to criticise the PM ,

While using his time on parliament to campaign on such pressing issues as -Restore individual rights, such as "fishing freely and boiling a billy without a permit".

oh yeah , i think i can see where he is coming from here, surely any same sex couples feelings to one another pail into absolute insugnificance when their primary aim is to hijack the word "Gay" to selfishly describe themselves, the audacity of them.

i spent the entire year making pointless visits to the bathroom, surely that suggests that i wasn’t able to achieve a single feat as well in the course of the year,

Seriously, Iam hardly a fan of the sitting government ATM but this bloke speaks with the IQ of a primary school student and yet people continue to vote for the clown, Then again I suppose its good to see the Westminster system working well by giving complete idiots representation in Canberra.
I find it disrespectful that you keep referring to god as imaginary, I understand that you are allowed to have an opinion but let's keep it respectful.

I find it disrespectful that you keep referring to god as imaginary, I understand that you are allowed to have an opinion but let's keep it respectful.

The concept of a "creator" is theoretical and thus abstract existing as purely an idea in the mind and without empirical evidence.

This by its very nature is "imaginary".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back