Injury Ratugolea - Broken Ankle - Tibia + Fibula (VFL RETURN 25 AUGUST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmed broken ankle
That kinda makes sense because when he was been stretchered off I was watching them take him when the race (I sit above that area), and the doctor was supporting Ratugolea's leg with one hand while his other hand was under the sole of his foot/boot providing support - the way he was holding/supporting the leg & ankle it looked to be too try and minimise movement

The two lower leg bones form part of the ankle. A broken ankle and broken tibia/fibula can be referring to the same thing. Don't assume a "broken ankle" is better than a "broken leg"

493x335_ankle.jpg

It’s frustrating to see him go down tonight. He’s such an emerging talent with lots of upside. We must play Buzza now and hope he can be a force, but this also means one of Stanley or Smith will play ruck unless we use Blivcas. Is Taylor going to be back next week? If not we can’t afford to play Blicvas in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So frustrating... When I saw him going at the contest I knew he had ****ed up. He was way too far behind to attempt a mark. Bad decision due to lack of experience combined with a very strong desire to compete and create a contest. Terrible to watch, wish him all the best in his recovery. Big unknowns ahead.

It’s frustrating to see him go down tonight. He’s such an emerging talent with lots of upside. We must play Buzza now and hope he can be a force, but this also means one of Stanley or Smith will play ruck unless we use Blivcas. Is Taylor going to be back next week? If not we can’t afford to play Blicvas in the ruck.
House to debut and shift into Blicavs role in defence with Blicavs going back to good utility role of filling gaps around the ground?

giphy.gif

SavRat was injured in a contest -

A very brave SavRat gave the thumbs-up, acknowledging the support of the crowd. What a gracious guy!
DeHedGJVAAAKlKe.jpg:large

Sav's right leg buckled under himself when caught at the bottom of a pack. He instantly felt for his right leg, just below his knee, after it was crushed at the bottom of a marking contest.

It's a huge loss for the team, SavRat immediately hit his groove in the team + quickly became a best 22 player.

Praying + hoping that Sav will recover + recover well, so he'll resume his career, as though he has never missed a beat.
Football aside... absolutely gutted for the guy. Wishing Sav a full and successful recovery.

Forgive the intrusion - just wanted to also pass on how disappointed I was to hear about this young lad’s injury.

He looked fantastic for the Cats in our match earlier in the year, a real find. I can remember after the game Nic Naitanui posted on Instagram about his ‘Fijian Brother’ coming through the ranks, I don’t doubt Nic will reach out to Sav with a few kind words on the long road to recover, having just gone through a major injury himself.

Good luck to Sav, hope to see him back out there leaping high again sooner rather than later.

Forgive the intrusion - just wanted to also pass on how disappointed I was to hear about this young lad’s injury.

He looked fantastic for the Cats in our match earlier in the year, a real find. I can remember after the game Nic Naitanui posted on Instagram about his ‘Fijian Brother’ coming through the ranks, I don’t doubt Nic will reach out to Sav with a few kind words on the long road to recover, having just gone through a major injury himself.

Good luck to Sav, hope to see him back out there leaping high again sooner rather than later.

Cheers mate! While Sav is out injured can Nic Nat play for us please? :)

What’s worse, snapped leg or ankle??.. I’d suspect leg. Stevie J broke both ankles back in the day
I broke my lower tib & fib just above the ankle,in a car accident I had my leg below the knee in a removable back slab plaster for 6 weeks then about 3 months continued recovery.
I'm the guessing that the ankle being the connector to the foot will be more recovery because of the number of joints and rotator cup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back