Preview Rd 1, March 15, 2014 - Richmond v Gold Coast @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather shouldn't be too bad, we're not in the extreme north up here. Will be similar to conditions at the Gabba which we seem to thrive on.

and it is a night game which will means temp down a bit, still the gold coast is a lot more humid than melb so team should come early to acclimatise and check out new ground.

I can't find a link that actually allows you to purchase tickets?!?

They'll be available on Monday

Fans will be alerted with an email on Monday, with details of how to purchase their spot in the 'Yellow and Black out' seating zone. If you currently do not receive email updates from the Club, sign up by clicking here.

They'll be available on Monday

Tickets for the opening round match are on sale today (Thursday, February 6), however the special Richmond bays will be available from 9am on Monday, February 10.

I haven't got the bloody email either! :mad:

and it is a night game which will means temp down a bit, still the gold coast is a lot more humid than melb so team should come early to acclimatise and check out new ground.

Just using your post to make a point mate but gosh people are blowing the GC conditions well out of proportion. I moved here from Vic 10 years ago and playing at night under lights will be a non factor IMO. Its perfect for footy.

People seem to be hung up on Cairns and the conditions are very different IMO, not to mention we play in Brisbane like super stars and the GC conditions will be much the same.

Just using your post to make a point mate but gosh people are blowing the GC conditions well out of proportion. I moved here from Vic 10 years ago and playing at night under lights will be a non factor IMO. Its perfect for footy.

People seem to be hung up on Cairns and the conditions are very different IMO, not to mention we play in Brisbane like super stars and the GC conditions will be much the same.
Having lived in Byron, 45 mins south of the Goldie, I agree. I reckon some don't realise Cairns is as far from the Gold Coast as the Gold Coast is from Melbourne.

What time does the game start ?

4:40 ?
6:40 local time, 7:40 in the real world.

Yep heading up after buying the RFC corporate package. I hear today from someone at Metricon that they have been somewhat surprised by RFC locking in 5,000 tickets, I said that's just the beginning we will take a heap of the other 20,000 too! Might get a full house I think record crowd just over 23,000 GC vs Coll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to train with greased up (foot)balls for the rest of the pre-season to prepare for this rubbish. Night game on the gold coast with round 1 nerves. Having a laugh.

If we lose this through a lack of preparation and understanding of the local conditions ill just about lose it....no actually I will lose it.

Damn it.

Started booking flights and realised its the same day as my wife's 30th. BOOOOOOO
Not only can i not go but i wont even be able to watch it on TV

Just talk her into how it will be a 'memorable' experience if you guys took a short trip to the GC for her 30th.

Then mention that Richmond is in town and playing a game 30 mins before the match

Just talk her into how it will be a 'memorable' experience if you guys took a short trip to the GC for her 30th.

Then mention that Richmond is in town and playing a game 30 mins before the match
I wish but party hall is already booked and invites have been sent. She is also a big tigers fan and was bummed. But unfortunately deposit has been paid.

Just registered my interest for the corporate thing.

Does anyone have information about what hotels the bus picks you up from?
Team bus leaves from Sofitel at Broadbeach so corporate buses doing the same limited to 180 tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back