Rd 1 Vs Adelaide. Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok Dockers need some tips :p .Myself and a co worker going to put money on one side per round then double it up week 2,3,4 etc. Bank some along the way. I am tempted to pick freo here is that wise.? As some of your younger players looked good in the nab and Adelaide with a few issues.

You're a brave man TT. What sort of money are you starting with, if it's serious $$$ I'd say take Freo at the line. Freo with a 24.5 point start is paying a $1.30 and with a 39.5 point start it's $1.13. That's not a great price but surely we'll win with a 39 point head start.

I'd say Hawks to beat Melbourne is the lock of the round if you prefer head to head.

You're a brave man TT. What sort of money are you starting with, if it's serious $$$ I'd say take Freo at the line. Freo with a 24.5 point start is paying a $1.30 and with a 39.5 point start it's $1.13. That's not a great price but surely we'll win with a 39 point head start.

I'd say Hawks to beat Melbourne is the lock of the round if you prefer head to head.

Well myself and a co worker $50 so $25 each. As putting it on geelong or hawthorn will make $9. If freo are to win and we picked freo its a profit of almost $30(straight out win) then we put it all on another side round 2. Freo under dogs however i have a feeling you will win :). Head to head on the Hawks not much of a return even if it is safe to do so.

Remind me what his percentage is in the month of September.
In September Neil Craig's winning percentage is only 33.3%, having lost six of nine finals by margins of 3,5,8,10,16 and 31 points, had the Crows been a little luckier in just three of those close games Neil Craig would have the second highest winning percentage of present day coaches and the second highest winning percentage for the last twenty seven years but a total of sixteen points makes a big difference. People should work things out for themselves and not just repeat what they've heard Mike Sheehan say on On The Couch. I'm sure some people are bitter that Neil Craig couldn't stop West Coast entering two Grand Finals.

In September Neil Craig's winning percentage is only 33.3%, having lost six of nine finals by margins of 3,5,8,10,16 and 31 points, had the Crows been a little luckier in just three of those close games Neil Craig would have the second highest winning percentage of present day coaches and the second highest winning percentage for the last twenty seven years but a total of sixteen points makes a big difference. People should work things out for themselves and not just repeat what they've heard Mike Sheehan say on On The Couch. I'm sure some people are bitter that Neil Craig couldn't stop West Coast entering two Grand Finals.
The teams you have beaten in finals under Neil Craig are:

Port (8th)
Freo (not a noted finals team)
Essendon (8th).

Hardly an amazing record.

To be fair, we lost 10 (?) games by under 3 goals in 2008.

If my aunty had balls, we would've played finals...

Well myself and a co worker $50 so $25 each. As putting it on geelong or hawthorn will make $9. If freo are to win and we picked freo its a profit of almost $30(straight out win) then we put it all on another side round 2. Freo under dogs however i have a feeling you will win :). Head to head on the Hawks not much of a return even if it is safe to do so.
i'm gunna go a $100 multi with,hawks to win,lions to win & George St Pierre to defend his UFC Welterweight title.GSP. pound for pound is in the world's top 2 for cage fighting.multi is paying $1.82:thumbsu:

This may have already been asked or discussed, but are we really playing at 5:10pm this
Sunday?
Looking at the AFL website states that as the time, but I can't figure out if it WST or EDST...

This may have already been asked or discussed, but are we really playing at 5:10pm this
Sunday?
Looking at the AFL website states that as the time, but I can't figure out if it WST or EDST...
I think it is WST, going from the Broadcast guide. It has 7:30pm Fox for Adelaide.

Great news, now I can watch the F1 and Freo :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday?

Yes, unfortunately. The AFL thinks twilight games are the ducks nuts. When you have a 2 1/2 hour drive home through kangaroo country afterwards its not so wonderful. :thumbsdown: It just so happens the late start might help me get to the game this weekend so I'm a little conflicted on the subject.

Lets just hope they don't bring in Monday night games like they want to. :mad:

People should work things out for themselves and not just repeat what they've heard Mike Sheehan say on On The Couch. I'm sure some people are bitter that Neil Craig couldn't stop West Coast entering two Grand Finals.

Done.

The teams you have beaten in finals under Neil Craig are:

Port (8th)
Freo (not a noted finals team)
Essendon (8th).

Hardly an amazing record.

The problem a lot of people have with Neil Craig is all the arse kissing about what a great coach he is between October and August and anything to do with September is an "if only" or a "so unlucky".

I'm not in the bitter about West Coast camp either, I hold both clubs in equal disdain. :thumbsu:

gametime.jpg

There is what should be a definitive answer.

Thanks Brades.
The only good thing to come of those twilight games is that I can get a few more hours of uni work in. Find it very hard to concentrate on anything after our games... drinking beer and yelling your head off tends to make you sleepy...

Only 26 on Sunday and a late start, heat won't be the decisive factor many of us had hoped for, however we do play better at Subi under the lights :thumbsu:

To be fair, we lost 10 (?) games by under 3 goals in 2008.

If my aunty had balls, we would've played finals...

Correct. Here's the breakdown in sequence of losses:

26, 15, 64, 17, 1, 6, 3, 9, 28, 22, 8, 4, 74, 4, 43, 7

5 games by a kick of less, or 8 by less than 9 points.

If you really want to go down that path.... What is Mark Harvey's? Not trying to troll, but that is a really pathetic swipe at an excellent coach.

Winning round 1 against a coach of Craig's calibre will do a lot for Harvey in an effort to renew a contract, regardless of whther the Crows are undermanned or not. But if you had to choose a coach right now, and the shortlist was Craig and Harvey, Craig would always get the gig.

for those banking on the fact that adelaide are travelling to subi with the likes of players like cook, petrenko and sloane have short memories. if anyone remembers we were hit with a few late injuries before round 1 last year with thompson going down and the passing of johncocks mother. who stepped in? cook, peternko and walker, all 3 making their dabut at the mcg against collingwood round 1. we got up by 2 points. not to mention it was hentchells first game back after nearly 2 years. so u dont have to worry about blokes like cook being able to perform. craig makes sure his players are aware that if your in the team, your expected to perform. collingwood round 1 last year was a much tougher task than this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back