Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gold Coast by 40+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkins in doubt?

I know the like to have emergencies available to cover both tall & smaller players - just not sure the benefit of a player having 2 weeks off or someone traveling who still has to pass a fitness test to play.

Rather with intestate games actually be more settled compared with questions over someone in the 22
Maybe we intend on playing 2 KPF's and the 2 rucks like I suggested earlier in the week? Hmmm, not sure but it would seem illogical to have Sav on the sidelines for 2 weeks in a row.

Beautiful day here, not a breathe of wind. Looking forward to the game tonight in what should be awesome conditions.

Hope like hell the real Geelong turns up, but just getting to a game is so good.

This game is likely to replicate the last two weeks. We will go at 90% and do just enough when required to get the win. It'll be a frustrating game I suspect. Our percentage is really healthy so I can't see us blowing them out of the water. We will just bank the 4-points and move on. That's all you need at this time of year, no one remembers these types of games against poor opposition at the end of the year, not when you're sitting in the top 2, top 4 anyway.

How Murdoch made it 6 years at the club i'll never know, at least Parsons is only 22 so he has a few years to get there yet.
That’s the problem. They draft these players based on pace, skill and good kicking ability in Murdoch’s case and believe they’ll get there as they grow and become part of the system, but they just don’t go near the ball. Parsons definitely needs to win some ball or he’ll be another Murdoch.

Interesting challenge for the Cats tonight -
- against a talented quick team with some good talls like Sexton, on their deck
- Geelong’s pressure game has got to be slowly sapping/exhausting our players, at least the younger batch. We are due for a flat performance.
- no Danger. Expect another hard tag on Kelly.

If we bring our A game, we win maybe by 5 goals plus but given the points above I’ll just take a win and no injury or reports.

This game is likely to replicate the last two weeks. We will go at 90% and do just enough when required to get the win. It'll be a frustrating game I suspect. Our percentage is really healthy so I can't see us blowing them out of the water. We will just bank the 4-points and move on. That's all you need at this time of year, no one remembers these types of games against poor opposition at the end of the year, not when you're sitting in the top 2, top 4 anyway.

Reading some stuff during the week it seems that the club and the players aren't happy with their last couple of weeks, and "doing enough" to win.

Hopefully they have addressed those issues and come out harder & play like the earlier season games.

Reading some stuff during the week it seems that the club and the players aren't happy with their last couple of weeks, and "doing enough" to win.

Hopefully they have addressed those issues and come out harder & play like the earlier season games.

Lets hope so. I'd love to see us go hard and crush them, I'm just not convinced we will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well at 8-1 Id agree we are due to lose.. but its sort of hard to be shocked if we are due.. but 1 playing 16... it certainly would be a shockling loss ...

Id say next week is probably more likely
I reckon they'll bring Menzel in next week
With Reid, Franklin, Hayward, Papley, Menzel up forward they could be impressive.
I'm going to this game for sure

Beautiful day here, not a breathe of wind. Looking forward to the game tonight in what should be awesome conditions.

Hope like hell the real Geelong turns up, but just getting to a game is so good.
Luck you are nice and handy,we are coming down from Bribie,leaving at 4.30pm, home around a bit after midnight.

There is no chance this current Swans lineup gets near us next week. It's more likely we go down tonight imo, but even that is still very unlikely. The Tigers in a couple of weeks time will be the real test as to where we're at, even if they are missing some players.

I expect Parsons will play quite well tonight, but given the poor opposition, it probably won't tell us much about his prospects moving forward. It's a game like the Tigers that will tell us plenty about him, if indeed he is selected for that game, which will cause melts on this board that will probably cause it to shutdown.

I actually hope to see Murdoch play well. I thought he tried his guts out in his last couple of years with us. The intent and endeavour was certainly there, but his limitations and lack of footy smarts cost him in the end.

I expect we will do enough tonight in what is likely to be a boring and frustrating game to watch. Get the 4-points and no injuries please.

Cats by 23.

I just remember him kicking it out on the full from the goal square vs Essendon in his second game. My exact thoughts were "he'll never make it"
I was at that game and I still remember it... I remember thinking to myself "this guy is taking us nowhere". And I was right... He only captained us to one Premiership! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back