Preview Rd 10: Geelong v Gold Coast Sat May 22 2:10 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish there werestats breaking down when each player spent time on the bench. Would be interesting to see how much TOG Narle had after half time compared to before it.
Agree

I know that during the match the app shows who's on the bench and how long they've been in the bench during that current stint

But once the match finishes i think they get rid of that info, even for whom finished on the bench and that's annoying

GC fans have already conceded this to be a 100 point belting and Dew will have his papers signed.
It would not go halfway to making up for 08.

Looks like Dahlhaus will play and Kolo maybe. My prediction of Thursday melts is getting more confident.

GC fans have already conceded this to be a 100 point belting and Dew will have his papers signed.
Dews papers signed? Surely not. He's doing about as well as anyone expects with a side full of teenage boys

Should go to Tassie.

Its interesting - i watched the Rugby league supremo - Vlandys - they aked him whether they are going to expand the comp - and he said yes - as long as it stacks up commercially there will be a new side in Qld - he said - quote - they are not interested in rusted on AFL States - even though the Melb Storm has been an absolute powerhouse

Pity the Afl didnt take that approach - i mean 2 AFL sides in both NSW and QLD is madness and arrogance

If the AFL were going to bring in another side in - the one to me which would easily have the best chance commercially of succeeding would be a 3rd team in Perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its interesting - i watched the Rugby league supremo - Vlandys - they aked him whether they are going to expand the comp - and he said yes - as long as it stacks up commercially there will be a new side in Qld - he said - quote - they are not interested in rusted on AFL States - even though the Melb Storm has been an absolute powerhouse

Pity the Afl didnt take that approach - i mean 2 AFL sides in both NSW and QLD is madness and arrogance

If the AFL were going to bring in another side in - the one to me which would easily have the best chance commercially of succeeding would be a 3rd team in Perth

The extra sides in NSW and QLD will pay off. Perhaps not in terms of support or success (football or commerical), but certainly in getting kids into the sport

The AFL are playing the long game

I don't think a 3rd team in any city outside of Melbourne would work. The two team per city model generates a lot of rivalry. If you had a Peel thunder join then in a group of acquaintances there would be a neutral who is taking sides in all derby match ups. It takes a lot of the heat out if your enemy is only an enemy sometimes.

Looks like Dahlhaus will play and Kolo maybe. My prediction of Thursday melts is getting more confident.

Are we returning to Thursday teams?

Gerard Healy questioning the Blicavs role. Saying cats got exposed for height down back. I think he was right to say we were exposed for height down back last week. Personally I can't see Hendo & Henry as the two KPD's in the team. Blics needs to be down back. So the ruck is the issue. Stanley is 1/5 week good player. They're trying Sav , but his football nous is possibly the worst on the list. So I think Fort should be given a try at least.

What's up with Freddy ? KPD with SDK? how's that tracking? Sav seems to be lost. I had an idea to play Sav down back as they seem to want Blics in the ruck/wing. Just that Sav has no football smarts and seems a bit dumb still. Football field dumb!
This is Sav's 5th year on the list. he is a typical will be better in a few years type of player, but never is.
Jordan Murdoch syndrome.
I guess he is waiting for Hawkins to retire, but I would like him to dominate some games. I think it's time he showed something! No excuses for a 5th year player!

What's up with Freddy ? KPD with SDK? how's that tracking? Sav seems to be lost. I had an idea to play Sav down back as they seem to want Blics in the ruck/wing. Just that Sav has no football smarts and seems a bit dumb still. Football field dumb!
This is Sav's 5th year on the list. he is a typical will be better in a few years type of player, but never is.
Jordan Murdoch syndrome.
I guess he is waiting for Hawkins to retire, but I would like him to dominate some games. I think it's time he showed something! No excuses for a 5th year player!
Broken legs are severe injuries to recover from. It took James Kelly a while to hit his straps after his injury.

Give him time.

I find the questioning of Esava a bit baffling: his progress has been impeded by serious injury.

He is still young for a big man. He has very sticky hands. He crashes packs yet is quite agile in traffic. He has kicked 3 goals in an AFL final, which is more than most of our regulars can claim.

Beyond doubt he has far more upside than Fort or Stanley.

I find the questioning of Esava a bit baffling: his progress has been impeded by serious injury.

He is still young for a big man. He has very sticky hands. He crashes packs yet is quite agile in traffic. He has kicked 3 goals in an AFL final, which is more than most of our regulars can claim.

Beyond doubt he has far more upside than Fort or Stanley.
I just feel Esava is a forever upside player. Will only deliver bits and pieces in the now and will always be better in a year or two. Hoping it will happen but having doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back