Game Day Rd 12 - Brisbane @ Optus 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally dont see how we kick a winning score and lions have the added bonus of going top of the ladder. Hoping to be proven wrong
Yeah, not gonna lie, the forwardline has me very concerned. We are all of a sudden missing 3 best 6 forwards and I feel we really can’t be missing more than 2 up there to post winning scores.

My nervousness about the game isn’t helped by me hating the selections. C’mon fellas, show me up and prove I’m a knob

We match up well against Brisbane, and up until the team selection I was very bullish about a win. I now think they'll get us, but only just. It's a shame the game has been robbed of 2 fullish strength teams but we'll have to wait for that. We'll get them in the finals and if close to full strength we'll beat them regardless of where it's played.

Bris by 8 pts.

10 goals get it done. 3 from Lobb and Shultz and 4 from everyone else.
Midfield defence and then moving the ball quickly is key in this game.
Brisbane were witches hats for the first 20 mins and for periods of each 1/4. They lost to Hawthorn with no real defensive effort, both teams kicked over 100pts. GWS kicked 96 last week.
Another key is lock down Rich for rebound and meters gain. Put Banfield on him.
Freo by 15.

Edit: Forgot the Meek inclusion. Darcy will kick 2 so we kick 12.

Last edited:
10 goals get it done. 3 from Lobb and Shultz and 4 from everyone else.
Midfield defence and then moving the ball quickly is key in this game.
Brisbane were witches hats for the first 20 mins and for periods of each 1/4. They lost to Hawthorn with no real defensive effort, both teams kicked over 100pts. GWS kicked 96 last week.
Another key is lock down Rich for rebound and meters gain. Put Banfield on him.
Freo by 15.

Edit: Forgot the Meek inclusion. Darcy will kick 2 so we kick 12.
Agree. Either Banfield or Tucker need to limit Rich's influence.

I've enjoyed the season so far but found selections puzzling. Meek instead of Treacy is not great short or long term. BUT we just witnessed something special a week ago, so looking forward to today.
I would assume they just wanted Lobb as a permanent forward.

He had a good game including in the ruck. If you are right that is still puzzling for me.
He got smashed by Gawn in the ruck. Couldn't understand why he was up against him and not Darcy. Most of the four goal spurt they had was as a result of Gawn getting his own clearance out of centre bounces against Lobb. Lobb looks like he has a rib/chest injury, so he couldn't/wouldn't compete properly. If that still applies we are better with another second ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a good game including in the ruck. If you are right that is still puzzling for me.
Why is that puzzling. We have to put the team first.
If Lobb needs to play permanent forward than that’s what he does. Most on here have been bemoaning his ruck work. Go back and read the thread last week during the 2nd 1/4. He has consistently said he wants to be a permanent fwd.
The selection of meek over Treacy is puzzling. Not puzzling to me at all If he plays fwd all game given we have selected 2 ruckman.

I've enjoyed the season so far but found selections puzzling. Meek instead of Treacy is not great short or long term. BUT we just witnessed something special a week ago, so looking forward to today.
Especially after he just booted 3 in the WAFL in a tight win.

We just have to bring out dry weather game and we’ll be right in it, i.e.: immense pressure in the forward half, tightarse defence in the back half, get entries into forward 50 from turnovers in the middle. Take our chances in front of goal.

We just have to bring out dry weather game and we’ll be right in it, i.e.: immense pressure in the forward half, tightarse defence in the back half, get entries into forward 50 from turnovers in the middle. Take our chances in front of goal.
The concerning part of this is the loss of Walters who’s pressure and contest has been excellent. I am still hoping for a last minute inclusion of Crowden

The concerning part of this is the loss of Walters who’s pressure and contest has been excellent. I am still hoping for a last minute inclusion of Crowden

Yeah he’s a big loss, and without Switta too. Banners comes in to help with that, I guess.

Yeah he’s a big loss, and without Switta too. Banners comes in to help with that, I guess.
Yeah. He has the potential to be vey good defensively. As posted previously I hope he locks down on Rich

Yeah. He has the potential to be vey good defensively. As posted previously I hope he locks down on Rich

I think I’d prefer Zorko. If we can keep him and Lachie quiet that would be a big help. Rich doesn’t seem to be as damaging anymore, but then I don’t watch Lions games enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back