Preview Rd 13, 2018: Hawthorn v Adelaide, 16 June 2018, 7.25pm @ MCG, featuring Shaun Burgoyne's 350th match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langford has demonstrated he can play good football, his issue in recent years has been a plethora of injuries and illnesses taking a half second of his burst speed so he either gets caught htb or has to rush his already iffy disposal and shanks it.

The football gods have robbed us of Cyril lets pray they give us back Langers circa 2014.

Langford has demonstrated he can play good football, his issue in recent years has been a plethora of injuries and illnesses taking a half second of his burst speed so he either gets caught htb or has to rush his already iffy disposal and shanks it.

The football gods have robbed us of Cyril lets pray they give us back Langers circa 2014.
He couldn't do anything wrong that day even his shanks either went to teammates or were goals.

This is only speculation but it looks to me like Clarkson has told Langers that he will give him every chance to justify why he deserves to stay on the list for 2019. He sure as hell isn't making the squad on form (AFL or VFL)

This is only speculation but it looks to me like Clarkson has told Langers that he will give him every chance to justify why he deserves to stay on the list for 2019. He sure as hell isn't making the squad on form (AFL or VFL)

We have multiple delistings likely this year (Miles, Wilsmore and Vickery for certain) and a swag of players off contract. Langford is contracted to the end of 2019 - he will be on the list next year.

Not fussed on the selection, we know what Langers can bring. It's a little bit worrying that he's called up ahead of any of the young guys at Box Hill. He's clearly got a specific role they want him to play in the side that others cannot do.

Well Langford is in because we want a smaller forward line and the only other small forward we have is Hanrahan and he is coming back from injury. This is very much a horses for courses change so not sure why there is so much bashing of teeth over the 22nd place in our team. We are carrying a lot of talent that simply isn’t ready for afl so this is a move that makes complete sense.

Tob out because of the weather won't be surprised if he is back next week.

Are there any small forwards playing at box hill?

With Rioli's future seemingly up in the air i think it would be good to try someone else in that sort of role.

Mate the reality is we have sweet F all at Box Hill.

The majority are the definition of list cloggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langers is in as a SMALL FORWARD.

This is no reflection on JOR or Lovell. They cannot play that role.

With Rioli out, the small forward equation is between Langford, Worpel and Hanrahan really. Worpel is still a bit green and Ollie is just back from injury and not ready.

I wanted to see the big shoe get the call up. Langers.... didnt expect that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Given the weather report maybe Clarko wants grunt around the ball and doesnt want someone who normally only takes 1 or 2 contested marks.

Hopefully goal kicking has been his focus over the pre season. It really is his only big flaw.

Seems pretty clear to me Langers will be lining up on Laird as a defensive forward.

At least, I hope that’s what he’ll be doing.

Some all time great dummy spits in here. We haven’t played and we haven’t lost and Langers hasn’t had a stinker yet so just calm down. Any wonder I stay away from here after a loss

Stick it up em Langers

Seems pretty clear to me Langers willlibe up on Laird as a defensive forward.

At least, I hope that’s what he’ll be doing.
I hope not since Laird isn't playing. Actually no I hope he does.

Langers should go back to tagging as a starting point. Gibbs is the only one with a bit of class that could hurt us.

Clangers. Small forward?

Firstly you'd need to apply pressure - 1 tackle last time he played and saw Zac Jones and Lloyd waltz out of our forward line at will.

Secondly, you've gotta hit the scoreboard. He doesn't even look like it, and can't kick at set shot to save his life.

He's struggling at Box Hill to add insult.

I'm not disputing that Clarko is the best coach of the modern era. But this selection is bullshit. Deep down, everyone here knows it.

Clangers. Small forward?

Firstly you'd need to apply pressure - 1 tackle last time he played and saw Zac Jones and Lloyd waltz out of our forward line at will.

Secondly, you've gotta hit the scoreboard. He doesn't even look like it, and can't kick at set shot to save his life.

He's struggling at Box Hill to add insult.

I'm not disputing that Clarko is the best coach of the modern era. But this selection is bullshit. Deep down, everyone here knows it.

Spot on.

People defending his selection clearly have not seen him at AFL level this year.

Spot on.

People defending his selection clearly have not seen him at AFL level this year.

Agree, we have all been waiting to see Langford 2014 emerge post injuries illness etc. unfortunately we haven’t seen anything remotely resembling his form back then, was it a fluke???

Reality is Langford and O’Brien are severely underperforming. Both pretty much get the same stats at box hill then they do at afl level, shoenmakers seems to be in the same category.

We really need to bring in some free agents and nail the draft this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back