Preview Rd 14 - Carlton v GWS Sat June 19 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will shoot myself in the foot if we play Ed at halfback..

Time for Crippa to go into beast mode...none of this pussy footing.

Shoot yourself in the foot? Pussy footing? Do you have a foot issue at the moment?

Surely Curnow won't play back. Parks, Newman, Saad, Williams and Stocker will play back before him. Ed will tag Kelly I think.

They have two big young rucks in, one named up forward. De Koning is our ruck/forward just as Briggs is for them. Going in with JSOS as CHF and De Koning rucking the whole game will be too tough. We need another tall forward in to be able to play TDK as sole ruck. Oscar McDonald would be perfect.

Yes
They have two big young rucks in, one named up forward. De Koning is our ruck/forward just as Briggs is for them. Going in with JSOS as CHF and De Koning rucking the whole game will be too tough. We need another tall forward in to be able to play TDK as sole ruck. Oscar McDonald would be perfect.
Is Levi still injured? He is not perfect but is a better fwd than Pitto or TDK..

For the first time in a while I'm actually 100% happy with the ins and outs.

I know that Stocker is named in defence, but hopefully the addition of Parks lets him play up the ground through the midfield.

I also want to see Ed/Walsh on the wing a bit more. Gives Dow and Kennedy more time in the guts - speaking of Bam Bam, glad he got another chance at it. Hoping the extra forward on the bench allows Fisher some midfield time too.

Good to see Murphy dropped, will be interesting to see how he responds to playing VFL.

Not sure about Kennedy, depends how they play him I guess. Presume taking setterfields spot? Think he is best as a mobile 3rd tall and we sort of need that player but will likely play mid.

Glad Cottrell is out, doesn't add much and is useless with the ball in hand.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Hopefully we will see some changes for the better.

I stress ... both sides of this issue. The personal attacks are on both sides.

whoa, anyone would think there's an external review or something. This is one of the first teams i have seen listed that has integrity for a long time. Kennedy deserves another shot on form, Murphy needed to be dropped on form. his interview in which he stated he should get to 300 games was a pr disaster and smacked of entitlement. If you want entitlement as an athlete play tennis, AFL is a team sport and to be carried sends bad messages. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Murphy as a player and really hope he gets to 300. As a professional athlete I really hope he puts his head down in the Vfl and shows both his class and that he still has a lot to offer the firsts. To use another tennis analogy, the ball is in his court. Play well Smurph and the 300 is yours for the taking.

Rapt with the changes. As others have said, this would have to be Kennedys last chance. Hopefully they give him a good stint to prove himself, or be unable to. At least a month. I'd like to see him rotate a bit with JSOS, as I think Jack would be suited to some midfield time. Maybe a new midfield coach will decide that having only 4 different mids attend the centre bounce is a bit limited.

Parks was fantastic before his injury so glad he's back. Fog started the year brilliantly and dropped off, hopefully his body was in need of a rest and he'll come back how he started. Would potentially be the first player listed as managed that was actually being managed.

Newnes out is great. He was okay last year as he bobbed up with pretty regular goals, but this year has only managed behinds. Shouldn't play again, his spot needs to go to youth.

Cotts has been pretty ineffective for most of the season. Lucky to have made it this far without going back to the 2s to work on things.

Murph, former great player for us, now just trying to eek out as many games as he can to the detriment of the team going forward. Should only get another shot if he proves he can tackle better than the person he's replacing. Small forwards that don't pressure are worthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we get to see something different, some defence and a contest. GWS aren't great so there's no excuse for a loss here.

B: Plowman Weitering Williams
HB: Saad Jones Docherty
C: Ramsay Cripps Martin
HF: Owies TDK Fogarty
F: Betts McKay Silvagni
OB: Pittonett Walsh Stocker
IC: Fisher Dow Newman Setterfield
Sub: Murphy

In:
Ramsay - finds it, can run, good kick and has good skills and is competitive. No brainer, it's crazy he hasn't been considered.

Plowman - He's I'm our best team for now.

Fogarty - solid young player.

Out:

Newnes - He's very mediocre. Hard but not skilled.

Curnow - He's in his 30s, he can't kick, was played out of position last week and was ordinary. I like his endeavour but we need to move on and he's holding back the development of our young onballers. "Rest" him this week, bring him back for any onballer who underperforms.

Murphy - He's just ordinary, no physicality at all. Back to Sub.

Cottrell - He's gone ok, but he's never going to be great, he's not good enough below his knees.

Changes
How we defend. We are one on one or we zone and we transition well from both. We cover the players at the back of marking contests up forward. We are one on one at stoppages, we don't let them switch play.

Stocker to the midfield, he's a tough mid who can kick.

Martin to wing. He's a second rate forward. He's a good mid.

Fisher to play more wing.

On Notice:

Silvagni - like his efforts and smarts however terrible overhead marking and kicking for goal as any forward, particularly a taller one is no good. He's lucky he has no competition for a spot with McGovern and Curnow injured. He needs to convert and he needs to hold his marks.

Other:

O'Brien - I'd like to try him but couldn't fit him in. Chose Ramsay as IMO he has more upside.

Kemp - He will replace either Silvagni or Plowman. Way more talented than both.
Good to see Murphy dropped, will be interesting to see how he responds to playing VFL.

Not sure about Kennedy, depends how they play him I guess. Presume taking setterfields spot? Think he is best as a mobile 3rd tall and we sort of need that player but will likely play mid.

Glad Cottrell is out, doesn't add much and is useless with the ball in hand.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

I'll stick my neck out and say that we have seen the last of Marc Murphy. I cannot see him ripping it up in the 2's, I think he will quietly fade away into the sunset. It would've been great to see him play 300 but....

whoa, anyone would think there's an external review or something. This is one of the first teams i have seen listed that has integrity for a long time. Kennedy deserves another shot on form, Murphy needed to be dropped on form. his interview in which he stated he should get to 300 games was a pr disaster and smacked of entitlement. If you want entitlement as an athlete play tennis, AFL is a team sport and to be carried sends bad messages. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Murphy as a player and really hope he gets to 300. As a professional athlete I really hope he puts his head down in the Vfl and shows both his class and that he still has a lot to offer the firsts. To use another tennis analogy, the ball is in his court. Play well Smurph and the 300 is yours for the taking.

How freaking weird. Years of weird team selections, a review, and team selections which make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a winnable game. It will be interesting how we respond after a two week break. Hopefully we’ve sorted some of our defensive deficiencies out. Also keen to see if power makes a bit of a diff now that he is midfield coach
Hopefully we arent sluggish coming out of the blocks after the bye.

Kennedy deserves a shot on work ethic, but it’s a futile exercise. Slow, average disposal, can’t spread, doesn’t release. Put him down for at least two HTBs for raking it in/clutching the ball in at the bottom of the pack.
Lovely mark and set shot tho, hope we use him fwd.

Kennedy deserves a shot on work ethic, but it’s a futile exercise. Slow, average disposal, can’t spread, doesn’t release. Put him down for at least two HTBs for raking it in/clutching the ball in at the bottom of the pack.
Lovely mark and set shot tho, hope we use him fwd.
must you bury someone alive before you bring out the oxygen? must you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back