Preview 2023 Rd 3 Carlton vs GWS Saturday April 1 4:35PM (ADST) @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous George is back :thumbsu:

IN: George Hewett

OUT: Matthew Kennedy (calf), Lochie O’Brien

Kennedy developed soreness in his calf during the week. He will not make the trip to Sydney and at this stage is a chance to return next week.

Backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungAdam Saad
Centreline:Ed CurnowPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Lachie CowanOllie HollandsJesse Motlop
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Paddy DowJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

FFS what is with these dAnGeR gAmE posts

GWS just lost to WC and barely won against Adelaide. We just beat the reigning premiers and are sitting 7th on the ladder.

WE ARE A FAR SUPERIOR SIDE TO THEM! Have a bit of optimism in your life, in what world is this a danger game?
We only just drew with Tigers. Pies beat 'em by a bit.
Cats were pretty down and out.
No way I'm rushing to confidence yet.
GWS have beaten us many times, and have some good plsyers back.
I hope we win and think we will, but I don't in any way expect it as a given.
For me, we're nowhere near that point.

Josh Kelly was in ripping form before his concussion. He looks to me to be the one we need to curtail. Ed could do a job on him. Whitfield comes back in and he is a running machine, maybe Acres will be his match-up.
Feeling strangely uneasy about this one, as I really don't think we have done much so far. Hopefully we come out all guns blazing in the first quarter and then go right on with it.
Blues by 13 points.

Josh Kelly was in ripping form before his concussion. He looks to me to be the one we need to curtail. Ed could do a job on him. Whitfield comes back in and he is a running machine, maybe Acres will be his match-up.
Feeling strangely uneasy about this one, as I really don't think we have done much so far. Hopefully we come out all guns blazing in the first quarter and then go right on with it.
Blues by 13 points.
It's the sort of game we'd often drop.

Time to prove otherwise, hopefully.

Tigs had key players out v Pies, ok effort though. Thrashed Crows in Adelaide.

Cats lost to hot Pies. We beat them too and they added Bowes for our game.

Pies easily the form team right now.

We beat GWS twice last year, including 30 pts up there. Kelly and Whitfield played. I don’t think they’ve improved and they lost to WCE last week, a bottom 2 team.

No excuses for us tonite, a loss would be worse than any loss we had last year, i.e. Crows and Saints game.

We beat GWS twice last year, including 30 pts up there. Kelly and Whitfield played. I don’t think they’ve improved and they lost to WCE last week, a bottom 2 team.

No excuses for us tonite, a loss would be worse than any loss we had last year, i.e. Crows and Saints game.
All good points.
Hope you are right.

I've put some fresh straw in the barn I've made it so soft you can fall asleep when the game is over halfway through the third if you want.

GWS lead us 9-5 overall.

We have had some shameful performances against this mob.

TIME FOR SOME REVENGE! LET'S SMASH EM WHILE THEY'RE DOWN! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!

kinda ironic 95' is in there.

Thinking Scheming GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we win this by one to two goals per qtr.

I believe in our backline and defensive method. Our back six are tight & the pressure shown last week across the ground is our new normal.

We’ve shown this year we can create goals from D50 also. A newish string the the bow.

Our rucks are well balanced & mids strong with additional run through the wings.

What I like about H & C up forward is how different they are. H clunking and crashing, Charlie’s craft, guile and athletic reaction.

Even better are our swarming bustling smalls. Relentless pressure and opportunism.

Lots of upside to come - but a very solid team today.

30-45pt win.

Really good article on Nick Haynes I know we play them today but anyone who has faced long term illness or injury will appreciate just how hard it is to keep getting up and fighting. I know the first two years of my own fight were the most mentally debilitating of my life. So enormous respect and gratitude to him for sharing his inspiring story.

How come we’re playing these pox burgers for Rivalry Round???

Everyone gets to play in front of 8 zillion people & we get these flaming turds.

Destroy them, with extreme prejudice.

It only makes sense that there's going to be a couple of trades mid game. Thanks for your services to Carlton future picks. Welcome to Carlton, Tom Green

It only makes sense that there's going to be a couple of trades mid game. Thanks for your services to Carlton future picks. Welcome to Carlton, Tom Green

Tommy boy re-signed up there until the end 2027 I am afraid mate.

Its one of those must win games for us.

Yes, still only 4 points in it but we've got to get to a stage where we put away teams we are expected to win... most of the time.

Can always slip 1 or 2 games here and there and that is understandable but most of the time from this year onwards we need to win these types of games.

They’re also off a 5.5 day break to our 9 and they travelled back from Wa on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back