Preview 2023 Rd 3 Carlton vs GWS Saturday April 1 4:35PM (ADST) @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous George is back :thumbsu:

IN: George Hewett

OUT: Matthew Kennedy (calf), Lochie O’Brien

Kennedy developed soreness in his calf during the week. He will not make the trip to Sydney and at this stage is a chance to return next week.

Backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungAdam Saad
Centreline:Ed CurnowPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Lachie CowanOllie HollandsJesse Motlop
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Paddy DowJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

we've beaten them with (Rd 9) and without (Rd 19) them. What's your point?

I don't think we should take them lightly, but to say it'd be some huge upset if we win is overly pessimistic.
We are $1.52:favourites and them $2.50 .

I swear that some people on here are forever hoping (maybe secretly) that we lose so that they can come on here and tell us how much more they know about afl than everyone involved with the club.

Will be a minor miracle if we win this, we are going to get smashed in the middle - Ward can take on Cripps & Ed can’t stop Coniglio & Kelly at the same time. If Whitfield is up and firing it’s going to be a long day at the office for boys. Hope I’m wrong

On what basis, wanting Dow in the side? And did you forget about Hewett

Last edited:

We are $1.52:favourites and them $2.50 .

I swear that some people on here are forever hoping (maybe secretly) that we lose so that they can come on here and tell us how much more they know about afl than everyone involved with the club.

There is absolutely very little to be negative/cynical about right now (which is refreshing and rare for us)

Now I admit generally speaking I am glass half empty guy, but I have no doubts in my mind whatsoever we will win this game (give or take around a 5 or 6 goal margin)

Walsh aside, we have close to our best 22 side out there (Ollie has done enough in the pre season and first 2 rounds to suggest to me is almost there, and optimistic Moo will be there by the end of home and away season)

Been a while since we can say we added 3 recruits (including Acres) that have already made our team better and stronger in positions in our 22.

Nick Austin and Agersta really have done a super job identifying our lists deficines and addressed them according with astute drafting and money ball trading (Young and George have been absolutely wonderful additions to our list that basically cost us no draft capital at all)

Only negative I have about this game is we are likely to get Fox-Hell/Kayo's nightmare commentary team (I find myself actually wanting Derm,cause he actually is rather fun to listen too (even if he makes no sense half the time) and generally is fairly non critical of us (think he was a Blues fan growing up)

At least we won't get Dwayne (he will be rostered on to Adelaide for the Slowdown)

There is absolutely very little to be negative/cynical about right now (which is refreshing and rare for us)

Now I admit generally speaking I am glass half empty guy, but I have no doubts in my mind whatsoever we will win this game (give or take around a 5 or 6 goal margin)

Walsh aside, we have close to our best 22 side out there (Ollie has done enough in the pre season and first 2 rounds to suggest to me is almost there, and optimistic Moo will be there by the end of home and away season)

Been a while since we can say we added 3 recruits (including Acres) that have already made our team better and stronger in positions in our 22.

Nick Austin and Agersta really have done a super job identifying our lists deficines and addressed them according with astute drafting and money ball trading (Young and George have been absolutely wonderful additions to our list that basically cost us no draft capital at all)

Only negative I have about this game is we are likely to get Fox-Hell/Kayo's nightmare commentary team (I find myself actually wanting Derm,cause he actually is rather fun to listen too (even if he makes no sense half the time) and generally is fairly non critical of us (think he was a Blues fan growing up)

At least we won't get Dwayne (he will be rostered on to Adelaide for the Slowdown)
Bring what we did against the Cats - hard in the contest & constant pressure - and we win. Currently, the challenge for us is to bring the right mindset every single week no matter who we are playing.

danger game, enough very good players to make things difficult. maybe we can start with our kicking boots on so some of us can leave the heart attacks for another week.
FFS what is with these dAnGeR gAmE posts

GWS just lost to WC and barely won against Adelaide. We just beat the reigning premiers and are sitting 7th on the ladder.

WE ARE A FAR SUPERIOR SIDE TO THEM! Have a bit of optimism in your life, in what world is this a danger game?

Will be interesting to see who starts with the vest; I am expecting it to be LOB for the third week in a row but see merit in going in a different direction.

GWS for mine have better outside run than both Richmond and Geelong (at least at this early stage of the season). I don't see us exploiting them late with our run as we may have hoped to do in the first two games.

Not sure it's Dow, but it may very well be someone with an eye on extending our advantage in a particular area.

I have no idea what any of these words mean
you say what? that's crazy, i'll just click that link and check those odds are right, then you maybe put on a bet at that establishment, then maybe you hang around and keep doing it

like when supermarkets have sales on items at cost or below, they lose on the individual item but absorb the loss in the profit on all the other things you buy with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first of a Block of very winnable games ahead.

Let's get it done

Very good opportunity to be at least 5W 1D 1L by end of round 7.

Anything can happen but we are likely favourites in our next 5 games, I've just accounted for 1 slip up along the way.

GWS
North
Adelaide
Saints
West Coast

GWS, Adelaide and West Coast all away games...very strange for us to have 3 interstate games in 6 weeks so that and any injuries could take a toll.

LOB sub again

This makes no sense to me.

LOB's biggest strength is his fitness and ability to run for 4 quarters.

If you're brining in a guy for a quarter each week, pick someone who is more of an impact player or lacks the fitness (Dow?).

And it's not like he's a utility that gives us cover across multiple positions either.

He's probably 'next best' after the 22. But still, seems like a poor pick.

If you're brining in a guy for a quarter each week, pick someone who is more of an impact player or lacks the fitness (Dow?).

And it's not like he's a utility that gives us cover across multiple positions either.

"Ya think?"
1680243219848.jpeg

Unfortunately mate, Dows days are numbered at Carlton and we all should be across this by now.

GWS lead us 9-5 overall.

We have had some shameful performances against this mob.

TIME FOR SOME REVENGE! LET'S SMASH EM WHILE THEY'RE DOWN! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!
be a few clubs now that have a better win/loss ratio over us - port I reckon.......

Somewhat agree, but what happens if we need to activate the sub by the 1st qtr?

Personally, I would have LOB in the starting 22, with Jsos as the sub

you say what? that's crazy, i'll just click that link and check those odds are right, then you maybe put on a bet at that establishment, then maybe you hang around and keep doing it

like when supermarkets have sales on items at cost or below, they lose on the individual item but absorb the loss in the profit on all the other things you buy with it.
So that advertisement wouldn't be the normally advertised odds? Was just to lure someone in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back