Prediction Revised 2020 Ladder Predictions (During Shutdown)

Remove this Banner Ad

Y'know with only 6 games being played that a big part of the season the team's we've beaten are so low on the ladder is because we've beaten them right?
I don't even know what's the point of using current ladder positions with so few games in. Some of the very best teams aren't even high on the ladder like Richmond or West Coast.
Of course, you can only beat the teams you face - I'm just saying that I'm not going to be swayed by Essendon's position on the ladder when it appears their opponents haven't exactly been of high quality so far. Can't draw any conclusions until we're at least another 4 or 5 games into the season. The part the other poster seemed to have completely missed was where I said I saw no difference between the teams I had at positions 5 to 12. Didn't stop them getting their panties in a twist

Agree with the general sentiment that Essendon’s results so far haven’t proven much.

Worth noting that Sydney weren’t a complete basket case when we beat them at their home ground.

For all the talk of how bad Richmond have been (which I totally agree with) we somehow sit 6th on the ladder.
My only question is can we tread water long enough with all the key players out to stay within touching distance for a big finish. Much harder to do in a shortened season but if they do then I wouldn't dismiss coming home strong to challenge again.

For all the talk of how bad Richmond have been (which I totally agree with) we somehow sit 6th on the ladder.
My only question is can we tread water long enough with all the key players out to stay within touching distance for a big finish. Much harder to do in a shortened season but if they do then I wouldn't dismiss coming home strong to challenge again.
You'll have a tough run home though given you haven't played the current top 4 in Port, Geelong, Brisbane, Essendon. And the Giants on their home turf.

Richmond are still right up there as a chance to win the flag imo.

I’m not overly concerned about their injuries. Do wonder if they are hurt by shortened quarters though. They seem to have an ability to break sides and pile on goals.

You'll have a tough run home though given you haven't played the current top 4 in Port, Geelong, Brisbane, Essendon. And the Giants on their home turf.

Richmond are still right up there as a chance to win the flag imo.

I’m not overly concerned about their injuries. Do wonder if they are hurt by shortened quarters though. They seem to have an ability to break sides and pile on goals.
Agreed, I'm not expecting huge things in 2020, things need to go right to win a premiership and things aren't going right for us, just wonder if the team can win enough games to sneak into 8th. If there is any hope that games return to Melbourne (highly unlikely), that would be an even bigger reason teams wouldn't want to be facing Richmond in finals. They are a side that if fully fit could easily win 4 in a row and steamroll through finals.

My comment is really in reference to for all the warranted criticism, you look at the ladder and things aren't a disaster at all.

Agreed, I'm not expecting huge things in 2020, things need to go right to win a premiership and things aren't going right for us, just wonder if the team can win enough games to sneak into 8th. If there is any hope that games return to Melbourne (highly unlikely), that would be an even bigger reason teams wouldn't want to be facing Richmond in finals. They are a side that if fully fit could easily win 4 in a row and steamroll through finals.

My comment is really in reference to for all the warranted criticism, you look at the ladder and things aren't a disaster at all.
Unless you're North, Sydney or Adelaide, and your season is over by round 6.

What hurts North season is losing to Sydney before they got smashed by injuries as you have a fair bit of talent to come back into the side in the near future.
Our season was over when we dropped 3 games at home, and we lost Cunners + Larkey + Daw. 3 really important players to our structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants look like they don't have the hunger this year, which is inexcusable considering they made it to a granny and have one of the best teams on paper. They play like individuals, not a team. If they don't improve I firmly believe Cameron will be sacked.

Giants look like they don't have the hunger this year, which is inexcusable considering they made it to a granny and have one of the best teams on paper. They play like individuals, not a team. If they don't improve I firmly believe Cameron will be sacked.

I thought they were close on an extension for Leon?

so we have...

port
brisbane
collingwood
west coast
bulldogs
gws
richmond
geelong
st kilda
essendon

thats 10...

2 have to go

StKilda have been odd this season. Have been flat out horrible for the past two weeks.
Adelaide were much improved last round and back on their home deck, in front of their rabid fans, so I think you may have underestimated our win.

Fast forward five days and we're now currently sitting in third, and have beaten three of the other current top six teams- all by between 26 and 39 points.

Adelaide were much improved last round and back on their home deck, in front of their rabid fans, so I think you may have underestimated our win.

Fast forward five days and we're now currently sitting in third, and have beaten three of the other current top six teams- all by between 26 and 39 points.

Open the other eye. This glosses over the loss to Freo. Adelaide were not good last week it was a genuine cripple fight. The margin flattered you a lot last night but agree it was a good win.

As I said StKilda are on odd team at this stage. They either look like one of the best teams in the league for a couple of quarters and then in every game so far this year they switch off and look like the worst team in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back