Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nup. I think you guys were great in the first half and didn't chuck it in.

Whether that's the pass mark or not internally is another thing but as a fan, sometimes you give it your all and you come up short. That's life.

Bad luck Gav. Selwood all class giving an interview after the match.
You know in your gut when your team has had a cracl but come up short
. This is one of them

Despite the disappointment im not slashing wrists for that reason.

Tigers deserved to win and live chance to take out the flag

Am i being too soft and forgiving to think we had a genuine crack but in the end, tigers simply better?
Even though we smashed you in the 2nd half.
I still think Geelong played really well.
We were average in the first half but that was about our best (despite a few missed goal opportunities) we've played all year in the 2nd half.
And if we didn't play our absolute best, I don't reckon we could have clawed back that lead and held on.

Yes lynch kept the tigers in it in the first half, but without the tigers dominating the clearances in that 3rd quarter especially, all of lynch’s efforts would have been for naught.
Sometimes midfielders are just as if not more valuable than big forwards.

And believe me, as a Carlton fan no one knows better than us just how valuable a great midfielder can be, especially one that carries his team on his back every week

Everything fell apart for Geelong in the 3rd quarter, the problem was the turnovers around the ground, Richmond kicked 4.1 from Geelong's turnovers in the 3rd quarter, Geelong had 18 intercepted possessions in that quarter alone, only one was in the forward 50. Geelong still won the disposal count that quarter by 19 and contested possession count by 5 but players like Danger and Kelly didn't strongly impact the quarter, the ball was in the hand of their second tier players a lot more and they just kept turning it over.

You know in your gut when your team has had a crack but come up short. This is one of them. Despite the disappointment I'm not slashing wrists for that reason.
Geelong had a great year. Despite the loss tonight, they don't go home empty-handed.

Nobody will ever be able to take their McClelland Trophy away from them

McClellandCrows_6201.jpg

Richmond just had too much petrol in the second half.

All things said i don't think you can be too unhappy with Geelong's effort or performance. Perhaps stick with the attacking plan a little after half time to try and put them away, and have Danger in the guts more would have helped. Blicavs on Lynch the other obvious move.

Houli very good. Gaz had an excellent season but seemed to run out of legs toward the end.

You could really see the effect of the bye too; tigers were off the boil early but ran it out stronger.

Big call on dusty.
Richmond have some very smart players. They tap the ball on to advantage instead of taking possession and drawing tackles. Very great to watch.
I wish stkilda players were smart but they are not, they are crap and ******ed.

Dustin Martin is one of the 5 best ever players to play the game, he is up there with wayne carey.

Dangerfield vanished in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure. Himself? Just wasn't positioned optimally it seemed.
I watched on TV and it was hard to tell - who took Danger out of that game in the second half?

Set up for a pies Richmond GF and I hope it is

Reiwoldt absolute trash , praising him for his knock ons on the post game. One of about 5 worked.

Miers flopped round one vs pies as well, will be a hard one for him to shake for the rest of his career if he’s not careful
Jack had a poor prelim in 2017 and then was one of our best a week later, at the end of the day as long as he helps get the win that’s all that matters.

Couldn’t Scott see Blicavs was the man for Lynch??? Arrogance ! Effed it up. Dumb arse!
[/QUOTE]
He was the only one to have the closing speed , reach and agility to negate the influence of Lynch .
Riewoldt did a great job of coming up the ground and creating space for Tom to take advantage of the ill conceived match ups of Taylor and KK .
Geelong spent alot of manic energy in the first half , they almost needed to change up tactics at half time and try and take the air out of the ball in the 3rd . Was a brave effort but the tigers are such a powerful running team it was always going to be tough to hold them down for 4 quarters .
Hardwick turned them back into the hunters at half time and spread them hard and fast in the second half .
Great game to watch , good battles all over the ground and in the box .

I'm sure every club would know. We've cut it to pieces already this year minus only Riewoldt of any significance and importance to your side imo.

We'll show you how to get the job done without stars like we did in round 21, 2017.

We certainly won't be using the injury or suspension excuse like you guys did this year.

Now before I go ... what will your excuse be this time around? Just so we're all pre-warned.

Butler out? Higgins out? Chol playing VFL? Weather? Umpires? The flu? Which one?
You flog

Back