AFLW Richmond v GWS, Sunday, October 23, 3.10pm AEST, Mildura Sporting Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Does not like body contact and not keen to tackle either. Needs to harden up and win her own ball or is going to end up a faster and more skillful version of Molan which won't cut it.
Rubbish. Geez you love a good potting. Who will it be next week I wonder......šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

It wasn't one of Lavey's better games, but she 'found' the dead wing quite a few times, but when in the play went Ok. Have another look at the 1st qtr again, you'll see what I mean. At least you are leaving Stella Reid alone at the moment I suppose! They'll all have ups and downs, you don't get to have a team of Mon Conti's. The development within the team has been pretty good. A huge test this coming week against the Roos - hope you decide to support em!

Rubbish. Geez you love a good potting. Who will it be next week I wonder......šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

It wasn't one of Lavey's better games, but she 'found' the dead wing quite a few times, but when in the play went Ok. Have another look at the 1st qtr again, you'll see what I mean. At least you are leaving Stella Reid alone at the moment I suppose! They'll all have ups and downs, you don't get to have a team of Mon Conti's. The development within the team has been pretty good. A huge test this coming week against the Roos - hope you decide to support em!
Do you still think itā€™s possible we will lose to the Roos? ā˜¹ļø

Absolutely possible. North just beat Collingwood convincingly. They also have good wins against Bulldogs, Geelong and the GC. Also had easy wins against Syd and Port. Losses include a goal to the Lions, 2 goal loss to the Crows and a 2pt loss to the Demons.

We've have good wins or close loses too. Our draw was slightly easier and we have banked one more win than North so far. Win this week and it is a triumph. Lose, and we are so line ball with them it is not funny - except their draw was harder.

North play a game we struggle with. They kick and possess. They are arguably more skillful. We tackle, run and handball ball more.

1666693064125.png
1666693129972.png
1666693183722.png

Norths list is healthy, about as healthy as ours, maybe they are a touch better off atm. This with a team that had a whopping 82 tackles last game against Collingwood. Our last game was our highest tackling game for the year I think and we managed 72 tackles. Our average is just 58. I think we will feel the heat this week. I wish it were different, I just don't know we are readied enough yet. That said, never underestimate winning form. The girls have a special feeling happening in the group. A win is possible. It will take a big game from Katie Brennan

Last edited:

Absolutely possible. North just beat Collingwood convincingly. They also have good wins against Bulldogs, Geelong and the GC. Also had easy wins against Syd and Port. Losses include a goal to the Lions, 2 goal loss to the Crows and a 2pt loss to the Demons.

We've have good wins or close closes too. Our draw was slightly easier and we have banked one more win than North so far. Win this week and it is a triumph. Lose, and we are so line ball with them it is not funny - except their draw was harder.

North play a game we struggle with. They kick and possess. They are arguably more skillful. We tackle, run and handball ball more.

View attachment 1543145
View attachment 1543146
View attachment 1543147

Norths list is healthy, about as healthy as ours, maybe they are a touch better off atm. This with a team that had a whopping 82 tackles last game against Collingwood. Our last game was our highest tackling game for the year I think and we managed 72 tackles. Out average is just 58. I think we will feel the heat this week. I wish it were different, I just don't know we are readied enough yet. That said, never underestimate winning form. The girls have a special feeling happening in the group. A win is possible. It will take a big game from Katie Brennan
Donā€™t think we are ever losing again tbh so couldnā€™t disagree more šŸ˜œ

Donā€™t think we are ever losing again tbh so couldnā€™t disagree more šŸ˜œ
Yeah, I know that's the feeling in your waters - just hope it's not running down your leg this week :whistle: šŸ¤£

Does not like body contact and not keen to tackle either. Needs to harden up and win her own ball or is going to end up a faster and more skillful version of Molan which won't cut it.

Disagree with this statement, contested possessions are up this season, tackles are about the same. Season 7 average stats at the bottom.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 8.52.57 pm.png

norfs 3 losses were to Melb by 2 points, at Adel by 14 and Bris by 7

its a 50-50 game in my opinion

We've have good wins or close loses too. Our draw was slightly easier and we have banked one more win than North so far. Win this week and it is a triumph. Lose, and we are so line ball with them it is not funny - except their draw was harder.

View attachment 1543145
View attachment 1543146
View attachment 1543147

Norths list is healthy, about as healthy as ours, maybe they are a touch better off atm. This with a team that had a whopping 82 tackles last game against Collingwood. Our last game was our highest tackling game for the year I think and we managed 72 tackles. Our average is just 58. I think we will feel the heat this week. I wish it were different, I just don't know we are readied enough yet. That said, never underestimate winning form. The girls have a special feeling happening in the group. A win is possible. It will take a big game from Katie Brennan
we need to send Meg Macdonald to tag Ash Ridell, like she did to GWS Parker
Parker still got 20 possies but were mostly ineffective due to Meg's pressure

S.Hosking rotated on GWS Eva & Parker, send her to Jas Garner and when Garner goes fwd, Sheerin/McLelland should take her
have to make Ridell & Garner ineffectual disposal wise

we should be right in the backline with Graham and Miller taking on Tahlia Randall and Emma King

we have to break even in the midfield at a minimum, i'm 100% sure, they're going to put a lot of work into stopping Conti
need really solid games from Egan, S. & J.Hosking, McKenzie, Lavey and Dempsey in the midfield to help Conti out

send Yassir or probably morso Kiely to Kearney and tag her, she's the playmaker from Half back

Gab Seymour has the toughest job rucking against King and Rennie, she'll lose the H.O. but will back her, to impact more so around the ground

if we are to win, the blueprint is the Brisbane game, keep it highly contested and keep the pressure on
if we allow them their uncontested game to get going, then it will be very hard to go blow for blow with them

they're a bit ahead of us in a kick mark, keeping possession game, no point playing into their strength
we lost to Adelaide by 9 points in the last 3 minutes, so we have the ability to beat the Kangas, but it must be a 4-quarter effort
i'm confident it'll be a very close game

Last edited:

Tigers by 1. Itā€™s written in the stars.

If we lose itā€™s the loss we had to have on the way to number 1 šŸ˜

Open your eyes. Anyone with half a clue about footy can tell she has no appetite for body contact. She has played a non-contact sport her whole life so not a surprise.

Yep, theyre not clear favourites anymore.
Dees kicked 3.8. Couldā€™ve pumped them if they have kicked straight.
if we play our best weā€˜ve got a chance, its gonna be harder for them to kick/mark if its a little wet.
Its gonna be a cracker

Open your eyes. Anyone with half a clue about footy can tell she has no appetite for body contact. She has played a non-contact sport her whole life so not a surprise.

Open yours, she's playing out on the Wing. She's playing to instruction. Some games, like the GWS game, just don't roll that way. She's had contact when it's her turn. She is simply playing a very outside role. What you are saying is just potting her saying she has no appetite for body contact.

Is she as adept as say a Conti or a Hosking, of course not, has neither the role nor the same experience. I say Ferg is using her intelligently, or would you rather Molan play because she will take more body contact??? Sheesh!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Open yours, she's playing out on the Wing. She's playing to instruction. Some games, like the GWS game, just don't roll that way. She's had contact when it's her turn. She is simply playing a very outside role. What you are saying is just potting her saying she has no appetite for body contact.

Is she as adept as say a Conti or a Hosking, of course not, has neither the role nor the same experience. I say Ferg is using her intelligently, or would you rather Molan play because she will take more body contact??? Sheesh!

Nah open yours - you act like all of our players can do no wrong. More than likely the coaches are telling her the same thing I'm saying. No one improves if they don't get feedback on the areas you need to improve.

Also, it's getting pretty boring coming up with the 'potting' reference every time I point out a player's weakness. Grow up

Nah open yours - you act like all of our players can do no wrong. More than likely the coaches are telling her the same thing I'm saying. No one improves if they don't get feedback on the areas you need to improve.

Also, it's getting pretty boring coming up with the 'potting' reference every time I point out a player's weakness. Grow up

Again more rubbish. I've questioned skills of certain players, but I won't put them down like you have a habit of doing. If you are bored of a reference about your posting behavior, change the behavior - not hard to understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back