Game Day Richmond v Hawthorn, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really excited for this one!
I'm expecting a big shift from the playing group tonight- I think everyone is on notice after last week and I'm expecting that to drive our players hard. Would love to see our midfield step up as it's been a while since I remember us having a game where we truly dominated through that part of the field and I think tonight we're in a decent position to do so. Our forward structure is tall, but fairly mobile with TOB and Gunners in the area and I think so long as we can make life difficult for Grimes and Astbury we could see a game where our areal domination plays a real deciding factor.
I'm tipping either Hawks by one or two goals or Richmond by five or six (let me hedge my bets here- might be the main way I get a win tonight)

As disappointed as I am with selection - I’m all for getting Scrim and Lewis in - I’m hoping last week was more a blip following lockdown and playing down in Geelong.

Tonight’s team is the same as our round one side, less Morrison and gaining Hardwick. That game shocked a few and managed to score 90 points and we’re back on the G.

Hawks by 13!

The 16 minute quarters will haunt us this year. We like to grind teams down with transition and maintaining possession over four full quarters. We were looking to hurt teams, with our marking power this year, on the back of this. The weather conditions look good so an improvement in his area (marking) would be a positive outcome but we will need to win some ball first.

The shorter quarters will suit the chaos-ball teams more than us imo.

Not overly hopeful after the last game but looking forward to it.

We were made to look slow last week because our mids got demolished. Can't expect the backline to hold up under the avalanche they copped with everyone playing reactive footy. Brisbane have a pretty quick team as well yet we didn't seem that much off the pace because we broke even in the midfield. That's where the difference is. The only player in that back half who is slow is BB who should hopefully not be in a position too often of going after a ground ball. Losing Morrison isn't going to affect the speed factor as he is pretty one paced. We should be better across the park tonight and there is really no excuse to not at least be competitive in the middle not having to worry about Dusty. Shiels to Cotchin as he is the heartbeat of the team and wears him like glue. We minimise his influence it means Prestia and Edwards do the heavy lifting which I feel were capable of matching.

We were made to look slow last week because our mids got demolished. Can't expect the backline to hold up under the avalanche they copped with everyone playing reactive footy. Brisbane have a pretty quick team as well yet we didn't seem that much off the pace because we broke even in the midfield. That's where the difference is. The only player in that back half who is slow is BB who should hopefully not be in a position too often of going after a ground ball. Losing Morrison isn't going to affect the speed factor as he is pretty one paced. We should be better across the park tonight and there is really no excuse to not at least be competitive in the middle not having to worry about Dusty. Shiels to Cotchin as he is the heartbeat of the team and wears him like glue. We minimise his influence it means Prestia and Edwards do the heavy lifting which I feel were capable of matching.
Forgot Lambert, underrated star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping that the MCG with larger wings will allow Henderson, Smith and Scully to get off the chain a bit and have more impact than last week.

Well they need it because all 3 run away from shadows... Elite as receivers and being on the fringes, class footballers but the social distancing measures enforced world-wide was mastered by these blokes years ago...

Putting out the oldest team in AFL/VFL history. Very worrying if we were to get pumped.

A lot rests on the midfield having a far greater showing than last week and not allowing quick entries into our slow, oversized backline.

Hawks by 5

Want us to start well. Their centre bounce goal in the first minute last week set the tone for the night i reckon.

Start well Hawks!

You are spot on, it's 100% about the stoppage work, both in terms of centre bounces and around the ground, we don't just need to break even we need to win this area of the ground. The weather looks good tonight, there's no excuse for our team of giant fossils not to win the aerial battle and cause Richmond trouble.

Last week I watched us capitulate at an empty Hoi An pub run by a lippy Cats supporter. That was almost as tough as dealing with the 2 days in hospital I spent with salmonella poisoning from the chicken strips he served me. Last Friday was a fairly ordinary day by anyone’s standards.

I’m looking for a different pub and a different result today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back