Preview Richmond V Melbourne Rd 6- Anzac Eve - Sunday 7.25 PM. Premierships, Politics and Pension plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just out of interest, why?

Did you hate him when he was with us as he has toned his exuberance down through maturity and is a better player.

I dont know if he was a pest in the change rooms or a source of inspiration.
I support our players…and loved Higgo when he played for us
if they play for the Y & B - they are highly regarded…revered

i dont like it when players leave,…(as in get traded) abusing our clubs loyalty and investment and spit in our faces
However…sometimes - it’s a mutual respect….such as I understood Chol leaving….he was genuinely heartbroken…Club could only offer him X…whereas GC offered him XXX…it was a no brainer Dimma even gave him our blessing…think most supporters understood this and wished him well

Players like CCJ…massive campaigner…thinks his gods gift and demands big cash…we invest time and resources into him…then sooks…I want I want I want…FRO…Dimma was seething…most supporters as well

same with Higgo…club was furious…can’t stand the flog…fair weather player…gets the cheap ones when the team is playing well…is he a game changer…haven’t seen it

I hated the way Higgo left our club

the ungrateful way he turned his back on a club that supported him through some highs and a lot of lows

we stood by him…stuck fat when he was going through serious stuff

we gave him games to give him confidence ( surprise to many that he got those games at the time)

next minnit…I want out…wah wah…I deserve to play in a grand final….because?

i dont like it when players leave,…(as in get traded) abusing our clubs loyalty and investment and spit in our faces
However…sometimes - it’s a mutual respect….such as I understood Chol leaving….he was genuinely heartbroken…Club could only offer him X…whereas GC offered him XXX…it was a no brainer Dimma even gave him our blessing…think most supporters understood this and wished him well

Players like CCJ…massive campaigner…thinks his gods gift and demands big cash…we invest time and resources into him…then sooks…I want I want I want…FRO…Dimma was seething…most supporters as well

same with Higgo…club was furious…can’t stand the flog…fair weather player…gets the cheap ones when the team is playing well…is he a game changer…haven’t seen it

the ungrateful way he turned his back on a club that supported him through some highs and a lot of lows

we gave him games to give him confidence ( surprise to many that he got those games at the time)

I agree.

As much as I hated the dive from Butler in the game against us, I still wish him luck in his other games. Disappointing that he wasn't able to find form for us, and happy to see him do well at St Kilda.

Higgins? Not so much.

I agree.

As much as I hated the dive from Butler in the game against us, I still wish him luck in his other games. Disappointing that he wasn't able to find form for us, and happy to see him do well at St Kilda.

Higgins? Not so much.

When you realise it's a business and treat ii as such, I'm not fussed by either a player wanting to leave for opportunities or the club wanting to move someone on. Neither side of the equation has a mortgage on being hard done by or making the other feel hard dom by - it's a business.
Was rapt for Higgo last night, but at the end of the day, he's just another rival player.
Was happy for Miles and B. Ellis to go for better opportunities.
Truth be known, I was never fans of Lynch and Caddy at Gold Coast and Geelong respectively - never liked them at all, but they ended up with us so I support them. But end of the day, life's too short to care about players changing clubs.

Last edited:
I actually think we are gonna win this
So confident
Dusty is back...
Good signs lads

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

When you realise it's a business and treat is such, I'm not fussed by either a player wanting to leave for opportunities or the club wanting to move someone on. Neither side of the equation has a mortgage on being hard done by or making the other feel hard dom by - it's a business.
Was rapt for Higgo last night, but at the end of the day, he's just another rival player.
Was happy for Miles and B. Ellis to go for better opportunities.
Truth be known, I was never fans of Lynch and Caddy at Gold Coast and Geelong respectively - never liked them at all, but they ended up with us so I support them. But end of the day, life's too short to care about players changing clubs.
Stop posting things I agree with… just stop!!!

Can’t believe this Melbourne team is the best there is. What a weak comp we have at the moment.

Dees are lucky they won flag in a weak era after the mighty tigers had fallen due to AFL corruption. there's no other good teams atm, weakest group of teams there's ever been. They're a team full of roleplayers and only got it done on their system. AFL wanted it for the fairytale and umps also sucked em off and they never had a single injury Etc etc

Dees are lucky they won flag in a weak era after the mighty tigers had fallen due to AFL corruption. there's no other good teams atm, weakest group of teams there's ever been. They're a team full of roleplayers and only got it done on their system. AFL wanted it for the fairytale and umps also sucked em off and they never had a single injury Etc etc
if they didnt change the rules we three peat easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s happened to lambert? Thought he would be an automatic inclusion after two weeks of dominating in the VFL
Dimma spoke about him in his press conference
Basically said he was going to be selected if he made it though the main training session on Thursday

So he’s either come up sore or maybe covid close contact

just my opinion, but "anzac eve" 🙄🤮

i get aboriginal and torres strait islander round, even though our game makes the most sense with the heritage jumper colours (ironically this symbolic flag is regularly kinda destroyed by the special guernsey colours-but i digress)... Blackfellas have gone through enough and are still going through prolonged invasion and strategic cultural subjugation that more awareness and respect is fine by me, * i dont go one day without recognition of our impact on this land's peoples, rivers, ecosystems etc.

but something about every ******* game this round having the last post etc rubs me up the wrong way, i mean it's a marketing strategy put ahead of maintaining the unique significance of one ritual shared across one dawn in many locations, it dilutes it, robs it of gravity somehow.

if having multiple anzac days makes anyone feel or think more about the sacrifice, horror and intrinsic class power differential of war, thats great. personally i think it's shithouse. we have strayed into glorification and romanticisation of war far enough without adding to it with these ******* mini-pageants at football games.

Whether or not we see Ross and RCD both attending centre bounces, with Ross playing more wing than in the contest.

If Lambert was fit for this game, I would've expected Ross out.

And if we do bomb it in towards May, I want to see Lynch put as much physical pressure onto May as possible. If Lynch gives away a free kick cause he kneed May in the back trying to mark the ball, then I'm more than happy to concede that.
I pray Ross and RCD aren't in same centre square contests. I'm spewing they're both in the same team and would prefer both not to be on the ground at same time. Both are in the spud category for me and would've preferred Stack and either Sonsie or Banks play that these 2 plodders. RCD looks to carry on that golden era of 1st round busts cos as bad as Lennon and Silky man purse Ellis were I reckon they were way better than RCD. Hey at least Ellis did one good kick .......

How on earth would you stay as the kid was all the talk and players loved him and at the same time as his brain issues the rumor mill about his Girlfriend and from then on started going downhill. He went from all these issues and being loved to not getting a game. Yeah, the club did this and that but where were we when the rumors started was left to the girlfriend and the media.

not sure where your getting your stuff from, if tiges were as keen as you say they would have tacked another year on his contract, im guessing his girlf was not a huge tigs fan, MRJ was the talk of the town and manager negotiated a good deal, higgo a massive saints fan but prob stays a tiger if saints offer was peanuts. but it was heaps better than ours.

How on earth would you stay as the kid was all the talk and players loved him and at the same time as his brain issues the rumor mill about his Girlfriend and from then on started going downhill. He went from all these issues and being loved to not getting a game. Yeah, the club did this and that but where were we when the rumors started was left to the girlfriend and the media.
He's a Malaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back