Preview Richmond vs Essendon, MCG, Friday 17/08/18 @ 7:50 PM

More handball receives?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't Laverde in the side???? yet...

Just read we are building him up for midfield role, we have injuries galore but bring in Dea.

Dea has been solid and gives 100%, not the worst in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why isn't Laverde in the side???? yet...

Just read we are building him up for midfield role, we have injuries galore but bring in Dea.

In fairness we don't have injuries to the midfield (so they may be applying the logic he's developing his midfield craft and needs to wait for a midfield opportunity ala Langford). Our injuries are Key Position and flankers/pockets.
If Laverde was to come in it would be as a forward this week (which I thought made some sense since Fantasia is out).

I actually have no idea how we are going to structure up forward this week. We seem to have named too many defenders on face value so the question is which ones get used up forward. Who takes Fantasia's role up forward is my question? I'd consider McGrath or McKenna if we think that Dea can cover a small. McGrath would be the least disruptive to our normal structure and even though he's barely spent time up forward (8% this year), I can remember a few critical goals he's kicked late in games and I reckon he'd do a good job as a small forward. At least he can run and lead up to open space.

In fairness we don't have injuries to the midfield (so they may be applying the logic he's developing his midfield craft and needs to wait for a midfield opportunity ala Langford). Our injuries are Key Position and flankers/pockets.
If Laverde was to come in it would be as a forward this week (which I thought made some sense since Fantasia is out).

I actually have no idea how we are going to structure up forward this week. We seem to have named too many defenders on face value so the question is which ones get used up forward. Who takes Fantasia's role up forward is my question? I'd consider McGrath or McKenna if we think that Dea can cover a small. McGrath would be the least disruptive to our normal structure and even though he's barely spent time up forward (8% this year), I can remember a few critical goals he's kicked late in games and I reckon he'd do a good job as a small forward. At least he can run and lead up to open space.

Hooker, brown, stringer, tippa, smith, would be a fairly mobile forward line if we can lower the eys instead of bombing. Akin to richmonds last year even

Hooker can engage Rance then away we go?

Langford is good up forward. He can find space and is very accurate shot at goal. Guelfi is a straight liner and will put lots of pressure on. Also an accurate kick.

Colyer going to do a good deed for Essendon tonight and go Andrew Gaff like on Martin, Caddy, Riewoldt, Rance and co...

He'lll be suspended for a season and we'll all re-joyce and think yes, all good things come in small packages, he has finally re-paid our faith.

Don't think DO!!! And Colyer can finally say he did something.

Colyer going to do a good deed for Essendon tonight and go Andrew Gaff like on Martin, Caddy, Riewoldt, Rance and co...

He'lll be suspended for a season and we'll all re-joyce and think yes, all good things come in small packages, he has finally re-paid our faith.

Don't think DO!!! And Colyer can finally say he did something.

markg likes this

edit lol "re-joyce" LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t often say this when we’re the underdog, but I’ve got a real feeling we will win this and set up an early elimination final with the Power in adelaide next week (and win that too).
Go Bombers!!! :essendon:

I think we'll Essington the s**t out of tonight.

Even though it might end up looking like this, I think the tiges are simply still better. They are the only team this year worthy of being classed as a champion team and they, similar to Hawthorn in the 3 peat era, should get the job done with a few second choice players.

Even though it might end up looking like this, I think the tiges are simply still better. They are the only team this year worthy of being classed as a champion team and they, similar to Hawthorn in the 3 peat era, should get the job done with a few second choice players.
That’s ok- People will be saying exactly the same thing about us over the next 2-5 years :grinning:

The planets all lined up recently, so the wife and I performed the "ritual of the premiership" in the backyard. So we're all good, we'll win this one and go on to finals and take out the big one. ;)

Of course the ritual required an animal sacrifice, but neither of us like the sight of blood so we decided to use my sons favourite stuffed toy instead... which I'm sure will be fine. He'll understand it's for the greater good.

And we were meant to be naked.... but it was kind of cold so we skipped that part. Probably just as well because the neighbour was watching from his kitchen window while we were huddled over a candle decapitating and burning a stuffed animal. If we were naked as well that would've just looked weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back