Prediction Riley Knight - The world's his oyster

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a huge mancrush on Knight. Will be the next Sloane.
I think Sloane is a decent comparison. At this stage of his career anyway. Runs hard, goes at the player and ball hard. Disposal okay but could so with improvement. Good things tend to happen when they get their hands on it.

Sloane's trajectory took a massive upward rise in every facet early on. Will be interesting to see what happens to Knight if he stays injury free. Should be an asset at least.

I have a huge mancrush on Knight. Will be the next Sloane.
Lynch possibly back this week. I would loooooove to see Knight slide up to the wing and one of our wingmen dropped. Reckon he has the game for it and would work back into defence well.

Have we finally found a tagger? Fit as a fiddle, when Mackay was on his haunches on the bench knight wasn't breaking a sweat. And has some serious mongrel, loved him dishing out some big tackles. Always rated him; get him a full preseason and he'll be a jet.

Good signing, kid has multiple premierships written all over him. I don't mean in skill level necessarily but more desire, and willing to do what it takes to win.

I hope he doesnt just get used in a run with role each week. He is a very good offensive player. Too good to just be a tagger.
I actually don't mind it.

He can run with any player all day such is his tank, and has the mongrel in him to not be intimidated. At the same time he can stretch his man on offence and hit the scoreboard.

IMO he's the perfect 2 way runner.

I actually don't mind it.

He can run with any player all day such is his tank, and has the mongrel in him to not be intimidated. At the same time he can stretch his man on offence and hit the scoreboard.

IMO he's the perfect 2 way runner.
And then people will complain when he averages 10 possessions a game and isnt hitting then scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then people will complain when he averages 10 possessions a game and isnt hitting then scoreboard.
True that.

To make that role work he does have to kick goals, and he generally does. I wouldn't say make it permanent but for the next year it's a good move

I hope he doesnt just get used in a run with role each week. He is a very good offensive player. Too good to just be a tagger.
I like him going run-with for his development. I would certainly hate to see him walking towards me on game day, you would know you're in for a tough afternoon

I agree. In the long run, he could be Sloan-lite if he learnt to accumulate.

For now the run with role suits him and likely help him in developing that inside/outside game the best mids have. But next year, I'd love to see him at the odd centre bounce just to see what he can do on his own accord.

Couldn't agree more, has already shown that he is a big game player. Also adds extra toughness in the contests which is fantastic.

Doesn't Riley Knight absolutely LOVE a final?!

Some players just step their game up in finals time. Knight is one of those players. 3 career finals and 3 seriously good games from the kid.

Suits him down to the ground. Hard running, tough to get a possie, a spark of brilliance to make a difference. Another great draft selection.

Didn't kick a goal last night and the query was whether he could impact the game in other ways.

My word he can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back