Prediction Riley Knight - The world's his oyster

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant argue hes ahead of Atkins, Cheney, Milera or Galluci.
Galluci provides better defensive pressure, kicks goals and is better by foot.
Atkins produces twice as much as Knight does offensively so if we have a full compliment midfiele hes a good fit for us.
Cheney plays back, a position Knight cant play. Its cheney or kelly.
Milera plays half back wing and is starting to really improve at a rate of knots. Will be a star for us and is ahead of knight by a fair distance now.

Knight is a half forward come midfielder and he needs to beat out Atkins, Galluci, douglas etc and right now he doesnt.
Huh? He is being used as a run with player due to the fact he has one of the best tanks in the club and is hard at the ball and man. If he was left to hang around half forward and play attacking he would have Gooch covered.

Meh

Went to Clayton Oliver and got trounced. Needs an injury free season next year and HAS to add goals to his game if he wants to play midfield.

Really like knight as a player. Is a barometer at our club. If we can get 20 games a season out of him and he continues to improve he will have a very good career. One of the few players at our club you would go to war with.

He spent too much time at stoppages for someone that isn't an effective clearance player

Should have swapped him with Gallucci who couldn't get into the game. Gooch looks far more natural streaming down the middle of the ground.

Meh

Went to Clayton Oliver and got trounced. Needs an injury free season next year and HAS to add goals to his game if he wants to play midfield.
No, he started on Brayshaw, then the mids swapped opponents all night. No one went 1 to 1 with anyone else for the majority of the night in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have swapped him with Gallucci who couldn't get into the game. Gooch looks far more natural streaming down the middle of the ground.
Not sure why we didn't use Gallucci more on a wing when Seed was injured.

Lynch is not a wingman!

Did you watch the game?
Had more clearances than Sloane, and as many as Gibbs and Greenwood did.
I didn't say he wasn't able to get clearances. Just that he's largely ineffective when he does (hack kicks to no one) and otherwise also ineffective around stoppages. Part of the reason we were comprehensively smashed in there.

I wasn't counting but Sloane and Gibbs also didn't spend as much time at stoppages as Knight. Bizarre. But that's what the coaches did.

Selwood SMASHED him. He broke even with Beams....... but both had huge disposal counts. Wouldnt say thats stopping them

There is a HUGE difference in someone getting lots of the ball, and actually minimising their influence and how the affect the game.

Both Selwood and Beams were pretty mehh when we played them. MIght have got the touches but didn't do a lot and were never afforded time and space in crucial areas.

After his success on Selwood, I don't know why we didn't play him on someone like Martin in the GF.

What I would give to see this kid have an injury free season.

5/6 games he played in this year were wins.

Just adds something.

What I would give to see this kid have an injury free season.

5/6 games he played in this year were wins.

Just adds something.
He's a pest. You need a pest to fire up the church mice and show them what mongrel is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back