Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 19th March 7.40pm (EST) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest adjustment is going to be watching it on TV.

90% of all games iv'e watched over the past 30 years have been live and I like watching the play unfold. Now I have to listen to commentators and stupid camera angles that don't show me who they are kicking to most the time.

I'm trying to psych myself up for this game.

Help please.
Prediction: Jack Martin to have his own Jeffy/Yarran goal moment, where Bruce puts down his glasses and calls it home.

They're to good to hear on the tv

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I assume many would think we won't kick many goals tonight.

But for the few that we do kick, what are the celebrations gonna be?

Is everyone going to adopt Dre's E.T. finger touch?

I'm hoping Murph will flip the bird to the empty grandstand.

It will be really interesting how the mentalitiy of the game goes with no-one there - more floggings as teams just drop their head or is it going to be less floggings as teams winning dont continue to go hard without the adrenaline/momentum created by the crowd. There will be games that are clearly over early and just goes into practice match mode i reckon.

It will be really interesting how the mentalitiy of the game goes with no-one there - more floggings as teams just drop their head or is it going to be less floggings as teams winning dont continue to go hard without the adrenaline/momentum created by the crowd. There will be games that are clearly over early and just goes into practice match mode i reckon.
One things for sure getting off to a good start this year is very important ... can easily see teams putting the cue in the rack if they are 0 and 3 etc ...

But who’s going to boo the umpires ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a little disappointed that the return of Doc hasn't really received much media attention. I know there's some other thing that's taken all the attention (can't remember what that is right now.. something about a Mexican beer?), but a mention here or there would've been nice. Perhaps he'll get a little pump up on the pre-game broadcast tonight..

Popped out of work quickly today and instead of building excitement around the season opener and first round after much deliberation, SEN were in robust discussion about rule changes instead and basically saying these will stay. Did the same yesterday. Imagine having the opening game on after 6 months off and still needing to push an agenda and sensationalise things. Switched it off pretty quickly.
Anyway..... Cmon boyssssss

Last edited:
FWIW I live about 3 hours south west of the MCG and has just started raining.

Hopeful not optimistic. Can see us being competitive for periods of time but Tigers depth and experience being overwhelming, bit like life at the moment!
We will need multiple avenues to goal to fire, the defensive end to be staunch especially on Lynch and ALL miss to fire. Looking for Cunners, Paddy or another lesser light to break out.
I'll still be cheering and hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back