Autopsy Roast and Toast vs Fremantle Round 19 and changes for Brisbane

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the wrong call. The young will improve more than the oldies decline
Obviously no on knows but I think next year it wont happen because a lot of the better young ones are first or second year so not sure they can offset the fall off in older top end talent. Maybe 2024

Would love to see us with pick 8, 19 & 27 (JR was pick 8) or better and this is a distinct possibility. Should we be looking at one of the very good key forwards and there appears to be a number of these, a midfielder or best available??

Won’t there be a dozen or so father sons , Nga picks ahead of us?

No, actually Id like to do this, how many shots has Jack had to put us ahead in the last 5 or 10 minutes of a game in his career, how many has he made vs missed.

I'll go first - Port game last year where he missed the set shot from 35m to put us ahead and we lost by 2 points
You said over his career not last doz games

It comes down to experience and composure in those situations. You can't really blame Cumberland it's purely down to a lack of experience.
I like Cumberland , and I think he will be great but he ****ed up.huge, that's the reality. Almost anyone would of had more composure and at least look before playing on ffs. Just one little stop and look would of been enough for him to take his shot.

Balta did the same 30 second mistake against Melbourne.
He needs to play wearing a watch.
Nah that was the ump saying he’s too far out for a shot and didn’t let him even take his 30.

He did however nearly do the exact same thing last week against North, started walking in right on 1 sec. Can’t be cutting it that close.

Am I the only one that doesn’t have too much of an issue with what Cumberland did? Bit unlucky that he marked it right before the siren, but I do like his thought process in that a quick play on and kick would guarantee a score, while the set shot would be touch and go for distance (especially with the strictness with having to kick over the mark).

Balta’s was the far bigger blunder, also thought Bolton had room for a quick ping at goal with 30 seconds left before he got done htb.

I like Cumberland , and I think he will be great but he *ed up.huge, that's the reality. Almost anyone would of had more composure and at least look before playing on ffs. Just one little stop and look would of been enough for him to take his shot.

And of that "almost anyone", I doubt many would have the ability to kick a 55m set shot over the mark on tired legs.

Cumberland doesn't have the luxury of being able to play on from the set shot, nor would there be any wind to help carry the ball.

As much as I think Cumberland has a booming kick, I don't have the confidence it would travel the journey without being touched on the goal line. And clearly Cumberland felt the same by playing on.

not withstanding I believe in you make your own luck, the pies luck can’t last, either can ours. Just a weird season.

Silver lining is games into our kids. Last year’s crop looks to have some beauties.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see us with pick 8, 19 & 27 (JR was pick 8) or better and this is a distinct possibility. Should we be looking at one of the very good key forwards and there appears to be a number of these, a midfielder or best available??
Was going to say I hope the team does not pack up shop as quickly but let's be honest, in hindsight the team may have lost belief the moment Dusty did his hamstring against West Coast

Can anyone confirm if Lynch and Dusty are back this week.

It would be great if Edwards 300 was an incentive that works against Brisbane like it was Jacks 300 game as that might justify a little carrying Shedda to the milestone.

We have lost games because of it.

I also expect that this will be Edwards last game for the club. Hope the indigenous boys rally for it.

Can anyone confirm if Lynch and Dusty are back this week.

It would be great if Edwards 300 was an incentive that works against Brisbane like it was Jacks 300 game as that might justify a little carrying Shedda to the milestone.

We have lost games because of it.

I also expect that this will be Edwards last game for the club. Hope the indigenous boys rally for it.

Expecting Lynch this week.

Think Dusty reinjured his hammy. Definitely not back this week, and last I remember, is listed as a medium-term injury.

need to watch the pies and see how it should be done. the pies know how to win, the tigers know how to lose.
huh ? they are lucky the drugs bloke missed at the end

and they have had close wins against s**t teams anyway. with umpies assistance of course

if we had the umps suck us off like that we'd have won all the close games

I try to remain optimistic as a rule.
However, the external results this weekend have been poor.
Dogs, Saints, Pies win.
Have to make some wholesale changes at year's end.
Caddy, Lambs, Edwards, Riley go.

The results are the worst we could possibly have hoped for.
Dogs defeat Dees.
We have lost/drawn about four matches by a sum of 10 points.
Wasteful inaccuracy.
Only feature I am anticipating is the Cats losing.
Hope the animals lose a Grand Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back