Autopsy Roast & Toast R18 vs Brisbane & Changes for R19 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garth ran those distances last time he played too.
Garth played the entire game and didn’t go off the field once, for someone who came into the game more then longer it went on shows what a good tank he has for a bigger lad.

With a couple of injuries and a busy night for the medical staff it was really important to have players with big tanks who are able to run our matches.

Kane Cornes won’t have anything to talk about this week. This win just stuffed his radio segment.

Congratulations on the win guys thought you were back to the Tigers we know.

Good luck for the rest of the year, our season is over we can't win the flag without Rafa.
I always hated Geelong and hawthorn cos we couldn't beat them for decades. Your team is on the improve. creating rivalries which is Good for football in Queensland. I think Neale is not quite having the same impact after his injury.

Well Houli can now retire. He gave us the run and carry out of the backline that was so important. Short took his place last night and was excellent, and did it often as a left footer which was a nice tribute. Mansell, Stack and Rioli also were all good offensively as well, but also defensively. Sure they got beaten last night at times, but Brisbane collectively probably have the best small forwards in the league.

Good to see Ross take the wing role and do a pretty good job of it. Seemed to get in the right spots. Was a bit fumbly and not a natural wingman but that game should give him a lot of confidence, which has been missing all year. Thought Pickett was excellent in the first half against McCluggage, who wore him down a bit, but he is a fair player and torched us last time we played.

Astbury is so important down back. No more talk of pensioning off please. Probably carried the achilles earlier in the year, which may have explained his lack of form, but was very good last night.

I've seen George kick those goals plenty of time. You and I might have seen better options, but George and vision...just confuses him. It's a problem but until someone below comes in an can do the amount of running and pressuring he does he will stay. MRJ I would back in to play well in the seniors, his speed is so suited to the big grounds. Reckon Aarts is in more trouble than George.

Go Cholly. Loved his contested marking last night as well. CCJ is really going to struggle to get a game because Chol will only get better. He is a slow burn, but getting better each week/year.

Most were bs , the last one maybe , what about the ******* called holding man against Neale , he had ball in his other hand

That is probably the worst call I have ever seen and that’s saying something. Appalling and the commentators didn’t even mention it

Amazing the difference in Rioli- he looks quick, sharp, slick and is in constant motion - thought he, Stack and Mansell showed
Superb signs
Plenty to work with. All need to work on one on ones but so much pace and clean disposal. Thought Astbury was great. Grimes close to the best tiger back I have seen. Insanely good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Ross 8/10 - Classy
Garthwaite 6.5/10 - solid nothing special
Astbury 8/10 - clean
Grimes - 7/10 solid nothing extraordinary
Short 8/10 - did his job racked up disposals
Rioli 9.5/10 - skilful player, looks once again like he’s got great potential
Mansell 8.5/10 - hard at the contest great handballs
Pickett 6/10 - quiet
Cotch 8/10 - great leadership and great around the clearance
Macca 6/10 unlucky to get injured didn’t do much
Graham 9/10 - always gave second efforts, pure class
Baker 8.5/10 - runs hard, played smart, body on the line
Aarts 1/10 - Richard Tambling
Riewoldt - 10/10 not explanation needed
Lynch 7/10 - didn’t get his bag but was solid off the ball
Dusty 7/10 - quiet but effective
Chol 10/10 - proper beast
Lambert 9/10 - we missed this man and it showed
Bolton 9/10 - silky clean great player
Nank 9/10 - thank fu** ur back
Parker 7.5/10 solid on the ball and great chasing and tackling
Stack 8.5/10 - skillful player ran hard
George 2/10 - how does this man have 3 flags to his belt
Really the Tambling thing. Time to let go, he did play 100 games for us.

Just makes you wonder what has happened the last month. We should have held on against WCE and beaten Pies and be safely entrenched in the 8. Saints was just an absolute shocker and drained our confidence for Gold Coast game (which while shocking we still could have won late). Ah well. Titch back next week helps. Not sure about Vlastuin but would like to see him play. Fingers crossed for Dusty. If Caddy doesn't come in for Macca/Dusty, his papers are well and truly stamped.
NANK.

fu**en b*tch Robinson touching dusty , hope that little weasel gets trolled on his twitch by tigs fans again and has a cry to his mummy
Why? He did nothing wrong but go for the ball hard like the game is meant to be played. If more players played the game like him and the umpires allowed the game played like he plays it would be a better spectacle.

His no star of the comp but I'm hoping Matt Parker can turn into a Mitch Robinson clone for us. Gut runner that plays the game every week to put fear into the opposition.

What did people think of Garthwaite game something there for me taking a second or third tall.
As a pure shutdown, maybe. He worked into the game. Reads it pretty well. Good hands but a battler. A tiger man tho. Will never give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back