Autopsy Roast & Toast R20 vs Fremantle & Changes for R21 vs North Melbourne

Best vs Freo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After letting last night's loss digest a little i see plenty of ups Stack riloi and mansell take a bow.

But surely the coaches can see what we see, it's the same common trend on how we loose games. Put a tag on the most dangerous player, why not put Graham on Brashaw? That kid carved us up he had 10 score involvements.

Looking back at the 2017 gf Rory Sloane was having a day out and the moment we tagged him he started making mistakes and was rarely sighted after that.

We are weak in the middle and in the clearance department so why not tag?
I agree, but we don't really have a tagger. Lambie's not strong enough and Fridge doesn't have a big enough tank. So who would it be?

16 premiership players out there and the excuses will start umpires injuries draw covid Dusty out (even though we were losing the GC type games with him)
Feel like a long summer coming up hope the miracles of 17 come back otherwise another long journey looks likely.
Proud of the LADS for what they gave us but dreading the future.
It's not that bad, this club now knows what it takes to win a flag, something we forgot how to do for nearly 40 years. The thing we need to be careful about is thinking we are still ahead of the curve and pick our side and plan for the future accordingly. This is the season we might have needed to show the brains trust there is no quick fixes if we want to be successful.

Last edited:
After letting last night's loss digest a little i see plenty of ups Stack riloi and mansell take a bow.

But surely the coaches can see what we see, it's the same common trend on how we loose games. Put a tag on the most dangerous player, why not put Graham on Brashaw? That kid carved us up he had 10 score involvements.

Looking back at the 2017 gf Rory Sloane was having a day out and the moment we tagged him he started making mistakes and was rarely sighted after that.

We are weak in the middle and in the clearance department so why not tag?

Happened against the Suns as well, Touk Miller walked the ball out of the middle time and time again.
Maybe we need to develop someone as a tagger?
We just never seem to do it, but hasnt really cost us until this year.

So what i have learned is we still must have conspiracy nuts here who think Blake Carracalla coached the first flag, not Hardwick, but are still gonna struggle to explain how we won 2019 and 2020.
Also, Tom Lynch (who kicked more goals than Jack in seasons 2019 and 2020) now can no longer play even though it was clear he was carrying an injury the first half of the year. But, because he's on big coin so he should go.
The fact we lost Fly bags, Leppa, and our strength and conditioning coach in one off season is apparently irrelevant. Add to the fact we lost $100k in the soft cap and have been coaching one coach down therefore spreading the load across less people, nah, that shouldn't impact them. Dimma should just coach better.
Then we also have have had our worst consistent injury run in years, we had basically our midfield wiped (plus Lynch) and now we have had our defence wiped including losing the best player in the comp (from the midfield/forward line) around 8/9 players on average per game - half a starting line up and people still think we should be "kicking arse".
Finally, no VFL last year and now due to injury and covid (disrupted season), people think kids who are still trying to learn and develop should be coming in ready made and dominating. Yeah, makes sense.
So, we should sack the coach who rebuilt the club "from the worst list since Fitzroy on it's deathbed" to a 3 flag dynasty team because it's clear he "can't coach". Yeah, well thought out stuff people.

Happy for anyone to dispute me on the above and tell me i am wrong. Have at it.

Happened against the Suns as well, Touk Miller walked the ball out of the middle time and time again.
Maybe we need to develop someone as a tagger?
We just never seem to do it, but hasnt really cost us until this year.
Even a part time tagger or a run with role just to limit the oppos most dangerous players.

Oppos midfield seems to get 2 players a week who rack up 30+ against us.

So what i have learned is we still must have conspiracy nuts here who think Blake Carracalla coached the first flag, not Hardwick, but are still gonna struggle to explain how we won 2019 and 2020.
Also, Tom Lynch (who kicked more goals than Jack in seasons 2019 and 2020) now can no longer play even though it was clear he was carrying an injury the first half of the year. But, because he's on big coin so he should go.
The fact we lost Fly bags, Leppa, and our strength and conditioning coach in one off season is apparently irrelevant. Add to the fact we lost $100k in the soft cap and have been coaching one coach down therefore spreading the load across less people, nah, that shouldn't impact them. Dimma should just coach better.
Then we also have have had our worst consistent injury run in years, we had basically our midfield wiped (plus Lynch) and now we have had our defence wiped including losing the best player in the comp (from the midfield/forward line) around 8/9 players on average per game - half a starting line up and people still think we should be "kicking arse".
Finally, no VFL last year and now due to injury and covid (disrupted season), people think kids who are still trying to learn and develop should be coming in ready made and dominating. Yeah, makes sense.
So, we should sack the coach who rebuilt the club "from the worst list since Fitzroy on it's deathbed" to a 3 flag dynasty team because it's clear he "can't coach". Yeah, well thought out stuff people.

Great synopsis CB. Covered everything. I think we will have a quick rebound next year just like 2016. Two things will be paramount to the rebound. 1. The hunger - I don't see this as a problem at all. We have the desire. 2. Player management and physical conditioning. Can't prevent injuries through sheer bad luck but Peter Burge needs help in that department. With the soft cap restrictions hopefully we can find that person we need. 👍

Make a vaccine post, we delete.

next step is thread banning. Don't say you weren't warned.

I didn’t see much wrong with Garths disposal today, I can’t believe the criticism he’s getting.

Went at 85% efficiency, didn’t try to do too much with it and played within his limitations and just chipped it to a teammate.
His kicking is no worse than Balta

Yeah. Totally beyond horrendous. Insane simple set shot misses from 20 meters or less, skills about the standard of the junior members of the Flintsones and an unwillingness to run hard to put pressure on opponents. Caracella's loss is significant but more significant to me is Craig Mcrae absence in our VFL side. His development of our younger players allowed us to put ready to go replacements onto the paddock when needed. It's no coincidence that our AFL side was flying while our VFL side was also contending for Premierships. Also unhelpful has been Dimma's long term habit of continuing to pick players irrespective of the quality of their contribution to the team. I never understood why Steve Morris, who remains one of the most courageous footballers I have ever seen, kept getting picked for essentially running all over the park giving away frees while productive hard nuts like Shane Tuck always seemed to struggle for legitimacy. Anyway, 2021 is done. Let's see what we learn from it and put into practice in 2022.
Not sure about either of that , caracella left after 2019 . Vfl side is ok given we had about 5-6 listed players representing us , McRae had the benefit of a full list when in vfl finals or do you think he would have performed better with 5-6 listed players
He hasn’t seemed to have impacted hawthorns results in his time there with the master coach. Listening to leppa you can’t help but think a bloke of his caliber would be a loss at the table ,,, I don’t get that impression listening to McRae or caracella speak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Transitioning to head coach in 2023. Got this from a good source, but she told me to keep it under my hat until she can break the story.
He ll be at GC I expect but he’s done nothing in last 5y to suggest he’s close to coach anywhere near his peak again yet dh on here think Dimma is gone 9m after b2b flags gimme a break , stupidity knows no bounds

He ll be at GC I expect but he’s done nothing in last 5y to suggest he’s close to coach anywhere near his peak again yet dh on here think Dimma is gone 9m after b2b flags gimme a break , stupidity knows no bounds
My hypothetical close friend by the way was Caro. My tongue in cheek comment was mean't to highlight as you put it that, stupidity that knows no bounds.

We have several in form young players available for selection after our solid VFL win yesterday…

my bests

RCD
Cumberland
Hugo
Naish
Martyn
Ryan

Samson Ryan was amazing…BOG (with RCD) for mine…rucked and ran all day, slotted goals….was physical …is Developing nicely

Cumberland was excellent again…knows where the goals are, is very physical ….slotted 3 goals…Hugo playing HF-FP was also very dangerous….would like this combo to replace George and Aarts

RCD was head and shoulders our best mid….hard at it, did the grunt work all day…didn’t waste a possies…set up teammates …is a big lad….needs to get back into the seniors

Naish is very clean and rarely wastes an opportunity….I’d stick with him…is highly skilled…give him a game in the seniors again at some stage

Martyn gets a lot of it but needs to work on his disposal…but he has a crack and should be given an opportunity

CCJ did not play
We’ve been idiots not persisting with RCD, I’m more disappointed that we haven’t exposed more young players than the results given we ve lost so often .

My hypothetical close friend by the way was Caro. My tongue in cheek comment was mean't to highlight as you put it that, stupidity that knows no bounds.
I reckon that blues or Coll will look past Clarko as the record of these legendary coaches climbing the mountain again ain’t great at new digs , mm prob exception wc to Coll
GC need credibility he’d be an astute appointment

Boy or boy if you think Hardwick coached us to the flags you way off it. This year has proved it without the best assistants we had in the 4 years. We will find more again next season. Caracalla wasn't the only one but along with the other new assistants they came up with that game plan.
Carra is a genius he has taken Essendon from nothing implemented game plan to suit them and they are playing decent footy something we don't seem to be able to do. The young players they have are that far superior to ours it isn't funny.
So from your first sentence, you have learned f all :'( :p

His kicking is no worse than Balta
Balta has point of difference in comparison to Garth.

Closing speed, athleticism, contested marking, one-on-one ability, athleticism. Garth is an honest toiler but doesn't have those same abilities - and that's fine. He's new Dave, Noah is new Alex.

I can see us moving forward with Noah and Garth as our key defensive book-ends, but the issue will be the supporting cast as Dyl and Dave start to decline.

Remember how good Noah was in Rd.1 v Carlton, with a full support cast around him? Yes he dropped off as the season cont'd, but he was more exposed w/out Vlas n Grimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back