Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon KMac will come in for Short.
Hopefully Nank is fit as neither Chol or Balta fills me with much confidence.
At least Nank will have a VFL final to play in to see if he's over it. If he doesn't get up, I would choose Chol.

McIntosh needs to play a good game in the VFL this week.

Have to laugh at the media / supporters overplaying Lachie Neales game.

It was a Tom Mitchell'esque type of game.

Even Richo got sucked in to giving him best on ground 5 votes yesterday.

Stats look amazing but not once yesterday was I sitting there thinking 's**t we need to find a way to stop him'

Zorko far more dangerous.
There is a reason we didn’t bother with him.

Have to laugh at the media / supporters overplaying Lachie Neales game.

It was a Tom Mitchell'esque type of game.

Even Richo got sucked in to giving him best on ground 5 votes yesterday.

Stats look amazing but not once yesterday was I sitting there thinking 's**t we need to find a way to stop him'

Zorko far more dangerous.
I didn't notice him as much as McLuggage or Zorko, who are far more dangerous players.

At least Nank will have a VFL final to play in to see if he's over it. If he doesn't get up, I would choose Chol.

McIntosh needs to play a good game in the VFL this week.
Can’t help but think they’ll just go with McIntosh ragardless.
Just has a dependability about him for finals and Short has a flimsiness.

I didn't notice him as much as McLuggage or Zorko, who are far more dangerous players.

How good was McLuggage's goal at the start of the game, decent kick that was.

Nice to see Lambo hit one from a similar spot though!

I might be way off the mark here, but I had a thought last night when discussing KMac with some family that it's almost like they have been hiding him and developing his next part of the game out of the mainstream eyes.

I wont be shocked if he gets a call up.

But it must not be for Baker.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN.<br><br>Brisbane Lions star Lachie Neale is reportedly being assessed by the MRO for an alleged strike on Sunday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AFLTigersLions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#AFLTigersLions</a> <a href="https://t.co/yf7c8CBqLP">https://t.co/yf7c8CBqLP</a></p>&mdash; FOX FOOTY (FoxFooty) <a href="">August 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And he loves the physical stuff.

I might be way off the mark here, but I had a thought last night when discussing KMac with some family that it's almost like they have been hiding him and developing his next part of the game out of the mainstream eyes.

It won't be for Baker. He was terrific yesterday. Didn't panic and used the ball well.

Haven't watched the replay yet but was at the game. Very Richmond of recent times - put it away early and then maintain. At the start of the game I hoped for Jack and Dan Rioli to have an impact and find some touch. Check. I thought Rioli was a lot cleaner today and had a class finish when he got the handball from Balta. I hoped for Cotch to get through unscathed and work his way into the game. Check. And I hoped for a victory to keep us in the top 4. Check.

Prestia, Vlastuin, Bach, Grimes are playing the best football of their careers. Jack Graham has had a really solid month. Baker has been good last two weeks against the best teams in the comp. Soldo growing week to week. I thought Lambert was tireless yesterday and was rewarded for effort. Caddy has a great game pushing hard both ways on the wing, always in strong position for a switch. He has always had neat foot skills and puts his body on the line. George had his moments as he always does but finished with 10 score involvements. Dusty looks a cut above and hungry to stamp himself on the contest.

Our first quarter was magnificent, first class football. Brisbane are a solid side who set up well and made it harder for us to score as the game went on. We only conceded 55 points. I thought Lynch fought like an absolute warrior despite the ball not bouncing his way, and feel he will be incredibly fired up for his Andrews rematch. Lots for us to be excited for going up to the Gabba where we have an excellent record. Having beaten the Eagles the way that game was played makes me feel confident against anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lethal was a huge wrap for Vlas during the call yesterday. Said Vlas should be a 100% lock for an AA defender spot. I whole heartedly agree. I used to think Shane Edwards was the most underrated player in the competition 3 years ago, it then became Grimes, now I think it’s Vlas.

It’s not going to be Baker.

I thought we played well but within ourselves. Still got a couple of gears to go too. If we play well Brisbane won't get near us. It's hard to see their midfield getting it as easy again.

Agree. Seemed like the 1st quarter was when we put the foot down. After that Dusty and Sheds especially cruised, and when the game began to drift a little they (and Cotchin) inserted themselves to steady the ship. Jack after quarter time was out pointed a bit and Lynch had his worst game since the bye. That’s basically our top 5 players who all have another gear or two.

Whereas Zorko, McCluggage and Neal especially couldn’t play much better.

Wouldn't mind KMac for Short, maybe even Broad. I doubt it will happen though - finals isn't a great time for someone's first game in a new position.

Just don’t give him the ball.

some weeks I agree but 10 score involvements and only 2 clangers yesterday from 18 possies..

Was quite good outside the 2 missed kicks for goal. Is one of those players who gets shat on for a mistake and then people don't watch him the rest of the game

Wouldn't mind KMac for Short, maybe even Broad. I doubt it will happen though - finals isn't a great time for someone's first game in a new position.
Broad won't be dropped.

Short for McIntosh however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back