• 5. Brandon Ellis

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • 30. Reece Conca

Votes: 91 33.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you watched us play since some time in August 2017 mate?

Why do you think we get away with losing clearances all the time and still flog teams? The outliers are games like WCE at Optus where they manage to use long kicks to break through out pressure net and catch our defence off guard.
We don’t win all the others because we win the clearances. Watch the way we set up and you’ll notice how the players are ready to pounce on the ball winner

Why do you think we get away with losing clearances all the time and still flog teams? The outliers are games like WCE at Optus where they manage to use long kicks to break through out pressure net and catch our defence off guard.
We don’t win all the others because we win the clearances. Watch the way we set up and you’ll notice how the players are ready to pounce on the ball winner

We are 2nd in the league for centre clearance differential ;)

We lose clearances because we are second in the league for inside 50s (we beat first by 13 in our game against them), tackles inside 50 and I suspect time in forward half. This means more stoppage clearances are in our forward line where we have less players around the ball, but we have that wall about 70m our that makes us the no.1 intercept team in the comp by a mile (the difference to 2nd is the same as the difference between 2nd and 10th).

No Sh!t.

There’s a reason we are sitting 18th in clearances but 2nd on the ladder.

Until it becomes a problem, there is no reason to change anything.

I can’t say it any simpler mate, we have any extra structured behind the ball. The oppo has an extra at the stoppage, so they often win due to numbers but our pressure then causes a blast kick into our hands...and off we go.
Sure if we won more clearances when outnumbered would be gold...but odds aren’t great for that to happen.
And yeh, your man Milesy is doing everything he can but a like player needs to get cut (unlikely) or injured (will happen) before he gets in. When he does we’ll win more contests at the stoppage and lose on the outside. Probably no worse off either way.
Yeah and i cant be any plainer. We are a poor clearance team regardless of structure.

Yeah and i cant be any plainer. We are a poor clearance team regardless of structure.

Actually we are no 2 in the comp for winning centre clearances compared to our opponent.

Where we lose them is in our f50 where we create the most stoppages in the league and where we are outnumbered.

What's the go with Castagna? "General Soreness" isn't generally a two week injury ha. I'd bring him in for an unlucky Higgo if fit, if not then unchanged for me. Then unleash Rioli the week after.

Shorty and that Saad from Essendon have very similar qualities as a player. The only difference is that one is a Muslim
this is a s**t comment really, what was the point?
do we give two *s whether a player is anglican or catholic?
jewish or muslim?

i've been banned for this emoji :eek: before on the adelaide board
and this s**t post goes unmentioned

Regardless of any fact, you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Understand the modern game Mopsy, it’ll help you understand why certain players play and others don’t.
Like it or not there are some pretty smart cookies in the footy dept...with some big runs on the board, so why don’t you ask yourself where YOU are wrong for a change?

and when Miles comes in and gets a heap of the ball and butcher's it and his opponent gets heaps of the ball and burns us and the pressure drops off in the guts you will be calling for Jack to return.

JG is not there to get the ball, he has his role and plays it well, if Miles comes in its for Cotchin whuch untik injured is not going to happen or Conca which is also unlikely at this stage.

Miles can only play 1 role and that's unfortunate.
hmmm you sound so definite you must be right

but then facts show you aren't

you must be a journalist

What's the go with Castagna? "General Soreness" isn't generally a two week injury ha. I'd bring him in for an unlucky Higgo if fit, if not then unchanged for me. Then unleash Rioli the week after.
Remember how he was pretty sore after a hit on his knee at the end of the North Melbourne game?
He wasn't moving around too well the week after against the Eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I don't think he'll be dropped this week either. 71 point win...back into a little bit of form...(the team, not Kam-ding)...interstate trip against a talented, but flakey, opponent...no change.

Would like macintosh out , turnover merchant .

Media went after Rance today. He kept quiet, the prudent thing to do.
Tomorrow the focus will be on Fyfe. A 24-hour news cycle.
I was tidying papers and noticed David King wrote on Friday that Essendon would win by one goal and Heppell would win the Yiooken award.
Media is s***.

Regardless of any fact, you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Understand the modern game Mopsy, it’ll help you understand why certain players play and others don’t.
Like it or not there are some pretty smart cookies in the footy dept...with some big runs on the board, so why don’t you ask yourself where YOU are wrong for a change?
Lol Livonski. the old oh you think your always right.
We are 18th for clearances and the last time i looked theres only 18 teams. We are heavily reliant on just a few to do well in this area we are poor in fact. Its not all about structure and the way we play. Just maybe we play the way we do because we are weak in certain areas.

I can think of any coach who willingly concedes clearance and c/p to the opposition and that goes for Hardwick and thats rergardless of how teams go about it.

Maybe just maybe they are wrong about Miles but how would they ever find out they steadfastly refuse to play him despite him ticking every single box out performing by some margin all those who get promoted and the fact we are 18th for clearances. 18th which is last and you think we dont need to be better in this.

Take the glasses of bud we dont get everything right and we do need to improve in some areas.

morris is retired n'est pas
miles will be able to fill a role at afl level if required this year, watch the game

I agree. Never said Miles couldn’t fill a role. Problem is the role might currently be filled by T Cotchin or D Martin.
I watch the game my friend. Very closely. Maybe you should read my post just as closely. Did not bag Miles.

We are 18th for clearances and the last time i looked theres only 18 teams. We are heavily reliant on just a few to do well in this area we are poor in fact. Its not all about structure and the way we play. Just maybe we play the way we do because we are weak in certain areas.

I can think of any coach who willingly concedes clearance and c/p to the opposition and that goes for Hardwick and thats rergardless of how teams go about it.

Maybe just maybe they are wrong about Miles but how would they ever find out they steadfastly refuse to play him despite him ticking every single box out performing by some margin all those who get promoted and the fact we are 18th for clearances. 18th which is last and you think we dont need to be better in this.

Take the glasses of bud we dont get everything right and we do need to improve in some areas.

We will happily concede 30cm in a ruck contest. We often don’t even contest the ruck around the ground. We don’t care if the opposition win the first ball because we can cause a turnover and burn them on the counter or create a scoring opportunity. As Calcium stated we also approach stoppages in an entirely different manner in different areas of the ground, and have a lot more in our forward half.

It’s a complex game. Simple numbers are not enough to say “we are 18th in clearances therefore must make a change by bringing in players who win more clearances”. Every action has a chain of consequences when it comes to structure, team and game play.

In saying that I’d like to see Miles come in for Higgins and move Jack G into a midfield/fwd role in his place his weekend, as Port play good contested footy and don’t mind a slow game.

We are 18th for clearances , we are poor in fact. because we are weak in certain areas.

Last i looked we are premiers and 2nd on the ladder as well as the entire football world have us favourites for the flag.

I think i might back the coaches on this occasion

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...y-phillips/133b1ns8j4fb914c0d5z7xaxdv/slide/5
Shane Edwards
31 disposals, two goals, three goal assists

Back in round six we described Edwards as “the player Cyril Rioli was meant to be” and if you didn’t understand the statement, then watch the Dreamtime game again.

The 29-year-old does things others can’t and he does them consistently.

Edwards is the Tigers’ scriptwriter, putting it all on paper for his teammates to follow and, like movie stars, they generally get all the credit.

It’ll be interesting to see if he can do what Hollywood finds so difficult, and pen a sequel as good as the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back