Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How the heck did we manage to break our own disposal record against Adelaide when we’re supposedly not a high disposal team.

Or more to the point, just how s**t were Adelaide to let 8 of our players so much room that they were able to get 25+ disposals?

How the heck did we manage to break our own disposal record against Adelaide when we’re supposedly not a high disposal team.

Or more to the point, just how s**t were Adelaide to let 8 of our players so much room that they were able to get 25+ disposals?
Because i think Pyke thought he had the new master plan to beat us and it didnt work. They were going the short game and our players were simply too organised and too smart and countered, often without a Crows player anywhere in the vicinity.

Because i think Pyke thought he had the new master plan to beat us and it didnt work. They were going the short game and our players were simply too organised and too smart and countered, often without a Crows player anywhere in the vicinity.
The guy is an idiot. Any team that lets Kane Lambert, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards, Dion Prestia and Trent Cotchin free to collect 25+ disposals each is setting his team up for a loss, those 5 will cut you up if given the opportunity, and Jayden Short and Jack Higgins are both quickly becoming players you don’t want collecting 25+ disposals each as well.

Thinking on team balance... Broad for Vlaustin makes sense. Corey Ellis to replace Graham makes sense. Bring in Bolton for Butler as he is more of a like for like than Baker (Bolton flashy and less physical than Rioli and Castagna like Butler). Baker is definitely more of an accumulator.

So who gets the last spot in the team? Houli in if ready... if not?

I would definitely keep Townsend on the books as a defensive forward - a useful role when needed. You only need to look at his game against Brisbane where he was sent out to sort out Luke Hodge and to harass him - and Hodge had arguably the worst game of his career. Whenever Hodge went near the ball Townsend buried him. I’d actually use Townsend on Bliclavs for the Geelong game in a few weeks to stop his rebound and to make him earn every possession whilst looking over his shoulder. It’s an ugly role but sometimes you need ugly tactics. He will follow instructions and do his part.

Thinking on team balance... Broad for Vlaustin makes sense. Corey Ellis to replace Graham makes sense. Bring in Bolton for Butler as he is more of a like for like than Baker (Bolton flashy and less physical than Rioli and Castagna like Butler). Baker is definitely more of an accumulator.

Play 1 short and win anyway :p

Corey Ellis already in the 22.

A well measured and reasonable response.

Bach looked alright yesterday, but kicking a footy casually with a bunch of kids =/= playing an AFL game. Would think he is close even if not this week.

Dimma has said horses for courses in the past so i would guess who comes in depends on how we expect GWS to line up and what we are trying to achieve. With their midfield and their forward line injuries they might want another body to rotate through the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't write Towna off just yet. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he comes back in for the pointy end of the season.

I kinda hope he gets a spot in the senior team soon. He's the living embodiment of black footy boots.

dusty, lambert out with leather poisoning you reckon?

And speaking of boots....if he could return to the goal kicking accuracy from late last year. He's be straight in for mine.
tenor.gif

Back