Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This week I’d drop Pickett, rest Prestia and Dusty (think he might be injured anyways)

Out: Pickett, Prestia, Dusty, MRJ, Banks, Graham

In: Trezise, McAuliffe, Cumbo (not sub), Baker, Ryan, Green

Sub: Coulthard

I’d be telling the new players this is your spot in the team until you lose it. Graham, Pickett, McIntosh, Grimes can all play in the magoos and prove they are good enough (or retire). Dusty and Prestia will replace Mansell and Dow unless they perform at an AFL standard which to date I would say they have about once this year. Cumbo gets a full game to prove himself, if not, back to the magoos.

Short to play midfield/wing and Trezise to take his place down back. Bolton to play more midfield minutes.
I think Trezise will miss with concussion.

From that group, here are the players I am super confident will play 100+ games:

Ross
MRJ
Gibcus
T Brown
McAuliffe

Here are the players I believe are better than 50/50 to play 100+:

Mansell
Ryan
Dow
Ralphsmith
Sonsie
Tresize
Campbell

So even if only 3 of the top group get 100+, 2 of the bottom group and 1 other (eg, Clarke. green, Smith, Coulthard etc…), there’s 6 (it’ll be somewhere between 7-10).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Put your house on it tho.

Ross, has not stepped up this year. Sure he might get to 100. Will they be worth it ?

Gibcus has played 20 games in 3 years. At this rate he would need to play for 15 years to get to 100.

McAuliffe & T.Brown have shown absolute nada at senior level. Saying a bloke could play 100 based on VFL form is crazy. Based on that McBean could haev played 200.

MRJ - maybe, but i wouldn't put my house on it. And not convinced it would be a meaningful 100 games.

All your list does is underline how much of a homer you are. If even half the players on your list get to 100 its going to be because we spent 3/4s of a decade in the bottom 5. Most of them do not have the talent to play that many.

Dow - ffs. This guy plays 100 it will be a disgrace to the league & an argument against expansion. He is not AFL level. 26 games and about 2 of them at AFL level. Would not get a game anywhere else. Even Nth.

Trezise was concussed. Prestia ran the game out, surely he will play again.
I'd bring Smith in. Was a little quieter than usual, but has been very good all year.
Agree re Pickett and maybe Dusty if injured. Tempted to bring in Bauer, but needs a bit more game time probably. Would like to see Coulthard play from the start.

Prestia one is more recognising that it was his first game back in a while and we have to travel.

Disappointed about Trezise because his first game this year was well and truly AFL standard. No harm giving Smith a run though.

I’d like to see Bauer but up half forward/wing similar to where we were going to play him last year.

Coulthard or Green not sure we can carry both at the moment unless we drop Mansell/Campbell.

Prestia one is more recognising that it was his first game back in a while and we have to travel.

Disappointed about Trezise because his first game this year was well and truly AFL standard. No harm giving Smith a run though.

I’d like to see Bauer but up half forward/wing similar to where we were going to play him last year.

Coulthard or Green not sure we can carry both at the moment unless we drop Mansell/Campbell.
Probably unwise to bring Bauer in yet, first game of the year which, but yes half forward I agree.

Mansell up to the wing, or even running through the middle for hardness and to try something new. Or Campbell to the wing.

I'm a bit more Coulthard than Green, something in the way Coulthard moves that says AFL quality. I wish Green got it a bit more, maybe should spend a week playing mid forward in the VFL before coming in. Either way, 3 outs at least 3 ins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably unwise to bring Bauer in yet, first game of the year which, but yes half forward I agree.

Mansell up to the wing, or even running through the middle for hardness and to try something new. Or Campbell to the wing.

I'm a bit more Coulthard than Green, something in the way Coulthard moves that says AFL quality. I wish Green got it a bit more, maybe should spend a week playing mid forward in the VFL before coming in. Either way, 3 outs at least 3 ins.
Don’t mind the suggestion of giving mansell a crack on the wing, at least he is one bloke that you can guarantee won’t shirk a contest, wherever they put him he plays his role pretty well, never going to be star but he’s reliable. Its hard to just throw someone in the midfield that doesn’t train with the group but at this point we can’t get any worse. It’s a shame tresize copped a late knock as he was one that could have come into the team based off what I seen in the VFL. Green and Coulthard both have some attributes but they just don’t do enough to be selected for me. I would sooner see Kaleb Smith debut before those guys play.

Was comparing our side on the weekend to the side that beat Sydney the result is a bit unacceptable.

Round 3 v Swans the following players in the side that were different to the side against the Bulldogs:

Baker
Lynch
McIntosh
Ross
Taranto

Thats it, the rest of the side is the same. Balta you can forgive as it was his 1st game back since that swans game so you could potentially put him on that list as well.

Players that played against the dogs that didn't play against the swans:

Martin
Graham
Prestia
Hugo RS
Cumberland

So, to me the level of effort on the weekend was pretty poor and indicates they stopped trying and didn't want to dig in enough.

I was at the VFL today, McCauliffe was really impressive. I’m not sure how much you could tell from the telecast but he worked so hard he was cramping and needed to come to the bench for treatment several times in the last quarter. I was worried about an injury at one point, but I think he just worked himself into the ground. Once the siren went he was struggling to walk from exertion - really pushed himself.

All that said, the kid is 19. We can’t expect too much at the next level with the lack of other support around him. Which brings me to something I’d like to see tried to help our young mids. We’re getting smashed in the middle, our starting mids should really be in the 2nd or 3rd mid rotation, I’d like to see some more physical support for them. I’d like to see Lufau and KMac alternate in playing midfield minutes. To try to give some protection, strength and mongrel around the ball. KMac actually played some minutes in the midfield last half of the VFL. He was physical.

Also to mention, cause I’m sure this would not be picked up on TV, late in the 3rd KMac was deep in the forwardline, the ball was switched and he sprinted the length of the ground at full pace to pick up a dangerous player further a field. 120+ meters, flatout. Why not try midfield rotation?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I watched the VFL yesterday. Your onto it mate. Kmac when switched into the middle in 2nd half helped halve our contests and won his own ball. With Hugo starting to grab that wing spot with both hands, and with Taranto , Hopper and Ross out for a while a big bodied Kmac in the interim in the middle is not a bad option right now I reckon.

Don’t mind the suggestion of giving mansell a crack on the wing, at least he is one bloke that you can guarantee won’t shirk a contest, wherever they put him he plays his role pretty well, never going to be star but he’s reliable. Its hard to just throw someone in the midfield that doesn’t train with the group but at this point we can’t get any worse. It’s a shame tresize copped a late knock as he was one that could have come into the team based off what I seen in the VFL. Green and Coulthard both have some attributes but they just don’t do enough to be selected for me. I would sooner see Kaleb Smith debut before those guys play.
I'm on the Smith train. Reckon he will go well up a level.

Coulthard covers a lot of ground and there is more space on an AFL forward line than VFL which would suit is game I think.

Was comparing our side on the weekend to the side that beat Sydney the result is a bit unacceptable.

Round 3 v Swans the following players in the side that were different to the side against the Bulldogs:

Baker
Lynch
McIntosh
Ross
Taranto

Thats it, the rest of the side is the same. Balta you can forgive as it was his 1st game back since that swans game so you could potentially put him on that list as well.

Players that played against the dogs that didn't play against the swans:

Martin
Graham
Prestia
Hugo RS
Cumberland

So, to me the level of effort on the weekend was pretty poor and indicates they stopped trying and didn't want to dig in enough.
We didnt lose just because of effort, there are other big factors.

Flag Pies will be having a crack at pinching Balta
Yze needs to put him in the backline ... can't have teams scoring 100+ points every week and keep the playing group invested in your game plan ... Samson Ryan, Coulthard and Cumberland have been hitting the scoreboard every week at VFL

IN Ryan, Coulthard, MacAuliffe
OUT Graham, MRJ, Banks
Sub - Pickett

Back