• Mabior Chol

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke’s summary of how the Tigers’ players performed:

Oleg Markov

"Oleg was one who really stood out. He played across half back and did really well. His run and carry caught my eye."

Sydney Stack

"'Stacky' had time in the midfield and did some really good things in offence when he got the ball in his hands. He looked really lively around stoppages and contests which was great and did some good high-speed running."

Jack Ross

"'Rossy' played through the midfield and he did some really good things around getting the ball in his hands."

Riley Collier-Dawkins

"Played through the midfield. He kicked a really nice goal where he had three or four bounces down the wing and ran all the way until he was around 20 metres out and kicked the goal."

Callum Coleman-Jones

"Had some moments of playing to his strengths. He played ruck and went forward and kicked two goals which was good for him."

This loss already playing havoc with our position.

Will likely be 9th after tomorrow instead of 3rd.

Winning successive games can give a false sense of how we are faring and we were never a fourth placed side. (We werent outright fourth with Essendon having that game in hand)

Puts into some perspective that we have won ONE more game than Hawthorn whose season is having people question whether to part ways with the one of the best coaches of all time.

This loss.

Those other 2 games we were well off the boil.

Not much we could have done.

This game we dominated them for 80% of the game but missed gettable goals.

Game should have been done at half time.
We had virtually a full squad and they played like poo agst the poo & wee and the ‘aints in Melb but you think a loss by 2 goals away agst GWS pretty much full strength and missing 6+ top liners and a world of skill and experience is a worse loss?
I’ll respectfully disagree.

We had virtually a full squad and they played like poo agst the poo & wee and the ‘aints in Melb but you think a loss by 2 goals away agst GWS pretty much full strength and missing 6+ top liners and a world of skill and experience is a worse loss?
I’ll respectfully disagree.
Think you have missed my point.

We weren't in any of those games (rightly or wrongly)

Gws game we were dominate for most of the game and were in a very very strong position to win but bottled it.

Has nothing to do with who was available and wasn't available.

Saints and hawks we never got into a position to win (unfortunately) but GWS we had plenty of time to win that.

Don't get me wrong, any loss is a bad loss and a missed opportunity.

But reality is the GWS game was the one we were up to our eyeballs in

As long as we finish above the pies I'll be happy.

Clarke’s summary of how the Tigers’ players performed:

Oleg Markov

"Oleg was one who really stood out. He played across half back and did really well. His run and carry caught my eye."

Sydney Stack

"'Stacky' had time in the midfield and did some really good things in offence when he got the ball in his hands. He looked really lively around stoppages and contests which was great and did some good high-speed running."

Jack Ross

"'Rossy' played through the midfield and he did some really good things around getting the ball in his hands."

Riley Collier-Dawkins

"Played through the midfield. He kicked a really nice goal where he had three or four bounces down the wing and ran all the way until he was around 20 metres out and kicked the goal."

Callum Coleman-Jones

"Had some moments of playing to his strengths. He played ruck and went forward and kicked two goals which was good for him."

Markov again killing it.
Been calling for his return for weeks.

Gws game we were dominate for most of the game and were in a very very strong position to win but bottled it.

Saints and hawks we never got into a position to win (unfortunately) but GWS we had plenty of time to win that.

Didn’t miss your point, when we are 4 pts short of where we would like to be on the ladder at end of season I’ll be blaming the poor efforts of the senior list in those games before I blame the side we turned out on Friday night.

Didn’t miss your point, when we are 4 pts short of where we would like to be on the ladder at end of season I’ll be blaming the poor efforts of the senior list in those games before I blame the side we turned out on Friday night.
No worries!

Let's hope we make it up Wednesday night.

Young sides like port and brissy and old teams like cats and pies benefit from shortened game.

None can run out a game like we can. AFL took away our one wood
compressed fixture should put things back in our favour on that logic
People have rocks in their head if they think RCD is hard at the contest and would be a good in. He’s terrible.
But, but, but...a big body
Massive for Baltas development tonight. I actually reckon when Astbury comes back it can still work. Grimsy and Vlas can play on anyone, Broady much improved, Shorty is the linkman so potentially frees up Bakes to move up the ground a bit more.
“Shorty is the linkman so potentially frees up Bakes to move up the ground a bit more.”

Don’t know if Astbury’s ready but perhaps Naish out and Egg to the wing.
Not going to lie. I do miss his attacking flair around forward 50. Tonight though he worked really hard defensively. I’m not sure what’s going on with him, hopefully whatever it is he can get it sorted out. I just get sick of the bashing, I don’t think anyone in this current team deserves to be bashed, it just feels like too many people are looking for a whipping boy, when really do we really need a whipping boy?
“...just feels like too many people are looking for a whipping boy, when really do we really need a whipping boy?“

Dan’s pretty unhappy Ellis was traded.
our defence will destroy dogs

who do they even have? bruce who kicks a bag once a year and then 3 goals the rest of the year? (and hes already kicked his bag) lloyd will let us win as he'll always be a tiger. unless noughton is back from injury they will be lucky to kick 25 so all we have to do is somehow kick 26
Fingers crossed there’s no Naughton coming back like Toby. At least our esteemed coaching panel wouldn’t have Egg marking him.

I’m gonna drop a bombshell , drop ivy soldo . Really hoped he was gonna improve from where he left off in 2019, right now he’s doing his best to channel Trent knobel With his 3-4p a week. Enough , give CCJ run , we need to clean out the non contributors if we are gonna keep on improving thru this campaign
If we lose CCJ at the end of the season because we were persisting with Soldo, then I will not be happy. CCJ in please.
He got his taps and that is it. CCJ is a mobile ruckman, so I think he’ll do well against Tim English

compressed fixture should put things back in our favour on that logic

But, but, but...a big body

“Shorty is the linkman so potentially frees up Bakes to move up the ground a bit more.”

Don’t know if Astbury’s ready but perhaps Naish out and Egg to the wing.

“...just feels like too many people are looking for a whipping boy, when really do we really need a whipping boy?“

Dan’s pretty unhappy Ellis was traded.

Fingers crossed there’s no Naughton coming back like Toby. At least our esteemed coaching panel wouldn’t have Egg marking him.
Looking at highlights Balta should've done more to impact Jacobs mark & goal: Greene's goals: Short was on him for his first. He got on the end of a good passage of play. Second from a mark over Baker & in front of Egg, Third started from loose checking from Balta on Finlayson Greene outpositioned Grimes, and Chol, Next one Broad is on him, in the goal square Broad joins the pack, makes no contact with the ball Greene crumbs..
Maybe shoulda played Grimes/Baker on him exclusively? Highlighted instances where there was lots of poor judgement from our players. Balta, Grimes, Broad etc didn't do enough.
The highlights also showed Giants gifting us the Aarts goal. Flattering us.

If we lose CCJ at the end of the season because we were persisting with Soldo, then I will not be happy. CCJ in please.
He got his taps and that is it. CCJ is a mobile ruckman, so I think he’ll do well against Tim English
Talk of selecting players because they might throw a tantrum and leave does sound like good policy to me. Soldo (28 games experience) probably just broke even again, Jacobs outmarked Ivan for his goal but Soldo put a hit out in the goal square to JR for a goal. I'm happy for CJ to come in for Chol and if English's mobility is a too much for Soldo then bench him and have CJ go up against him. I'm going to put the house on the dogs if we pick CJ/Chol as rucks.
I hope the 5 day break means we blood some new players. Plus, bigger problems for me were Graham, Rioli, Naish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk of selecting players because they might throw a tantrum and leave does sound like good policy to me. Soldo (28 games experience) probably just broke even again, Jacobs outmarked Ivan for his goal but Soldo put a hit out in the goal square to JR for a goal. I'm happy for CJ to come in for Chol and if English's mobility is a too much for Soldo then bench him and have CJ go up against him. I'm going to put the house on the dogs if we pick CJ/Chol as rucks.
I hope the 5 day break means we blood some new players. Plus, bigger problems for me were Graham, Rioli, Naish.
My worry with soldo is I can barely recall him taking a mark tis season , that’s gone backwards coz he always took at least 1-2 last year . We need more of a contribution , bite the bullet and bring in CCJ for 2G that will give us a fair idea, if no good , go back to ivy

I don't think it would be throwing a tantrum though. Wanting to leave after 1 season is throwing a tantrum. I have no issue with a player thinking about their own future if they think that they will remain stuck behind another player. That's what Toby Nankervis did when he left Sydney for more opportunity after being on their list from his first season in 2014 to 2016. I feel like CCJ has the biggest potential from our ruckmen and we are now hitting the 3-year mark with him only playing 1 game. He's contracted until 2021, but if he is not getting any games then he might look at another club that needs a primary ruckman like him. I still think it is time to play him against English because I want him to develop into our number one ruck soon. Soldo took 1 mark all game yesterday so if he cannot give us an advantage aerially then I want to see us try something else.

I don't think we were a better side at all. Sure we did the Richmond thing and bottled it up our end, but they seemed to score at will when they went inside 50. We laboured for our goals because we are not moving the ball fast enough to give our forwards any chance, especially with teams playing a spare deep. Collingood, Swans and GWS all did it.

The smalle just don’t ever seem to be in a crumbling position when the ball comes in, I assume that’s coz they’ve moved up the ground to help out the mids?
Well we don't have a genuine crumbing forward now that Bolton is up the ground. Castagna is a chaos king but not a genuine crumber, Higgins can do it but hasn't, Rioli hasn't kicked multiple goals for ages, Aarts in patches. But compare those (besides Bolton) to Cameron/Betts/Papley/Gresham, and plenty of others, and they are not fast enough or tricky enough to do it properly. Edwards is one but not playing.

Well we don't have a genuine crumbing forward now that Bolton is up the ground. Castagna is a chaos king but not a genuine crumber, Higgins can do it but hasn't, Rioli hasn't kicked multiple goals for ages, Aarts in patches. But compare those (besides Bolton) to Cameron/Betts/Papley/Gresham, and plenty of others, and they are not fast enough or tricky enough to do it properly. Edwards is one but not playing.
Man we miss sheds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back