Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Corey Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway back on topic .As most posters are saying outs for this week should be Bolton and CEllis I sincerely agree with them.
On Bolton as I discussed with a few blokes today he shouldn’t be given another game as his tank is still 1:76 Marklin size. He has a highlight reel that is magnificent, but they’re exhibits compiled from many games. He just isn’t physically ready for AFL footy and needs to be built up in the twos. Remember he was almost a year younger than most in his draft so he’s physically just not strong enough to run out an AFL quarter let alone a game.
I was really concerned about him playing based on my vfl observations which were quiet for long patches with magic bursts and moments. He did string an excellent second half against Box Hill in the midfield where he replaced CEllis in that spot, but he did zip in the first half. The hardest I’ve seen him run is when he ran 60m to the bench at Victoria Park after kicking a miraculous goal . He needs time and I wouldn’t be paying anymore than 150k for him next year bc he’s got some hard work to do to get his game to the standard. No way should he be playing AFL games this year . He’s a tremendous talent with a body severely in need of maturation and hard work.
CEllis on the other hand was dominating afl games on the surface , but his games against the teams with better midfields he was placed back to the hbl . Those being Williamstown and BoxHill where his heat map would have resembled a banana on the boundary line from hb to the wing.
VFL form is really confusing this year as
most sides are really poor so you really need to look at players carefully in their roles and other things they’re bringing into their game. CEllis plays his football with no intensity or heat and actually gets lost in spectating. His best games in the midfield were when he had blokes dish easy balls out to him as he in VFL is lucky enough to be afforded time and space , but he still fails physically to win his own ball. He is an outside player as outside could ever be and he wants an easy ball based on a turnover.
He is caught out at AFL and it looks bloody ugly bc he’s slower than treacle on a frosty Winter morning.
Speed is his biggest killer and add a lack of confidence with his introverted nature he becomes an eyesore and a liability. Just cannot play again in the ones and if he was delisted it wouldn’t even be noticed. Just no.
We’re now at the business end of the season so we need to add that hard edge to the side , so Kmac or Townsend should not be playing vfl before the two mentioned already. Even Lloyd would have offered more as we know although he’s not great , but he has the tank and
ability to play multiple roles. Stengel l have observed all year and he has actually performed his role diligently where he could perform to the standard
above. He is like an octopus when he tackles and chases and runs players down with pressure acts. He’s a smart footballer and ahead on Bolton bc of fitness and better work ethics. Oh and he can kick a goal even if he’s fatigued in a last quarter.

Last edited:

Anyway back on topic .As most posters are saying outs for this week should be Bolton and CEllis I sincerely agree with them.
On Bolton as I discussed with a few blokes today he shouldn’t be given another game as his tank is still 1:76 Marklin size. He has a highlight reel that is magnificent, but they’re exhibits compiled from many games. He just isn’t physically ready for AFL footy and needs to be built up in the twos. Remember he was almost a year younger than most in his draft so he’s physically just not strong enough to run out an AFL quarter let alone a game.
I was really concerned about him playing based on my vfl observations which were quiet for long patches with magic bursts and moments. He did string an excellent second half against Box Hill in the midfield where he replaced CEllis in that spot, but he did zip in the first half. The hardest I’ve seen him run is when he ran 60m to the bench at Victoria Park after kicking a miraculous goal . He needs time and I wouldn’t be paying anymore than 150k for him next year bc he’s got some hard work to do to get his game to the standard. No way should he be playing AFL games this year . He’s a tremendous talent with a body severely in need of maturation and hard work.
CEllis on the other hand was dominating afl games on the surface , but his games against the teams with better midfields he was placed back to the hbl . Those being Williamstown and BoxHill where his heat map would have resembled a banana on the boundary line from hb to the wing.
most sides are really poor so you really need to look at players carefully in their roles and other things they’re bringing into their game. CEllis plays his football with no intensity or heat and actually gets lost in spectating. His best games in the midfield were when he had blokes dish easy balls out to him as he in VFL is lucky enough to be afforded time and space , but he still fails physically to win his own ball. He is an outside player as outside could ever be and he wants an easy ball based on a turnover.
He is caught out at AFL and it looks bloody ugly bc he’s slower than treacle on a frosty Winter morning.
Speed is his biggest killer and add a lack of confidence with his introverted nature he becomes an eyesore and a liability. Just cannot play again in the ones and if he was delisted it wouldn’t even be noticed. Just no.
We’re now at the business end of the season so we need to add that hard edge to the side , so Kmac or Townsend should not be playing vfl before the two mentioned already. Even Lloyd would have offered more as we know although he’s not great , but he has the tank and
ability to play multiple roles. Stengel l have observed all year and he has actually performed his role diligently where he could perform to the standard
above. He is like an octopus when he tackles and chases and runs players down with pressure acts. He’s a smart footballer and ahead on Bolton bc of fitness and hard working ethics. Oh and he can kick a goal even if he’s fatigued in a last quarter.
Great post, TI.

Reckon people aren’t giving the Giants enough credit either. I’ve had a feeling they’ll Time their run beautifully and be the big danger all season and I see no reason why not.
I agree. When people were discussing who our greatest contenders will be this season no one was mentioning GWS but I think they're the sleeping giant. A real pity we couldn't put them away - I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the ass

You know what the brains trust should be doing is playing a second ruck, we need another tall to give Nankervis a break or two ( the guys been playing is guts out) and also if he gets injured we will have someone who is already had some afl game time to boot. Just saying. Grigg is looking a little on the slow side now days, maybe it’s because we are mostly pretty speedy.

at first i didnt give a **** but now that ive sobered up im pissed off as this game could cost us top2

Bolton had the game in his hand, if he kicked a goal we win and if he kicks a point we at least draw and get 2 points out of it

go and get f*ck
Or you could look at it a different way. The rest of our matches are here in Melbourne barring a Gold Coast match... being on top with percentage only means they cannot afford to get complacent. Personally I prefer to be in that situation. Let the media suck some interstate dick for a while

What would be the reasoning behind continuing to give Moore games as a forward...?!?
Build his confidence. Which will make him feel more comfortable at AFL level. He didn't do a lot last week, but the delivery into the forward line hardly helped him. He should stay in for this week.

What would be the reasoning behind continuing to give Moore games as a forward...?!?
He’s played a couple of good games where he made a good contribution , the others in the gun , cellis and Bolton haven’t done that they’ve produced fa in all of their senior appearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. When people were discussing who our greatest contenders will be this season no one was mentioning GWS but I think they're the sleeping giant. A real pity we couldn't put them away - I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the ass
You mean on the star?

St Kilda will have to make a difficult decision.
Do they emphasise Gresham or Membrey?
Gresham plays best one-out in an open space forward line, his pace and accuracy defeat most defenders.
Membrey has recovered from the kicking yips.
On our side of the ledger, surely Stengle would replace Bolton.

Last edited:
What page is your post on? The thread is currently 38 pages and I'm buggered if I could be bothered reading all that jargon

On an ipad, so no idea.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

above. He is like an octopus when he tackles and chases and runs players down with pressure acts. He’s a smart footballer and ahead on Bolton bc of fitness and hard working ethics. Oh and he can kick a goal even if he’s fatigued in a last quarter.
That is fair.
Regarding Stengle, reckon he was born strong. Even though small he stands up in tackles even at U18 level. He like Bolton needed to get the tank, which is coming for both. But unlike Bolton he has core strength. Could even be a gun mid one day perhaps.

That is fair.
Regarding Stengle, reckon he was born strong. Even though small he stands up in tackles even at U18 level. He like Bolton needed to get the tank, which is coming for both. But unlike Bolton he has core strength. Could even be a gun mid one day perhaps.
About a month ago I was hoping Stengle would get midfield time, but ATM he really is excelling as a small forward so it's as you say give him time to build his engine further.

Hate playing the saints, never confident against this mob especially at mickey mouse stadium. Should get the win but will be a frustrating s**t fight I think. They were only playing Carlton but they did have 40 scoring shots so they're dangerous around goal and can't be taken lightly.

Any mention of Cotch maybe being a possible out this week due to general soreness. Especially against GWS he just looked to be carrying something, not looking his usual self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back