Rock n Roll - Ryan and Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant remember but in the games that counted ,final and GF'S he was towelled up by Nyhuis . What part of that can't you understand.
Hear that sound? Someone's backing the truck up!!!

You said every game. Not finals not grand finals. Every game!

I think I'll take the word of the club (WCE) and my own eyes to see what they've done over Facebook pics, but you're entitled to your own opinion.
It's not just that. There isn't 4m either side if the boundary line to accommodate the extra width needed. If you think there is then you're deluded!!!

It's not just that. There isn't 4m either side if the boundary line to accommodate the extra width needed. If you think there is then you're deluded!!!

As i've explained to you already, the boundary line now goes almost right up to the fence in some places, which took up the extra 4 metres of the ground that was used up by the astro turfed area where the players used to get rub downs etc near the bench. Its not a very safe situation to be playing on and i dont think you'll see many games being played there because of it, but theyve done it and the club gave the reasons as to try to get as close to the new stadium as possible.
If you think the club is deluded feel free to tell them coz i'm sure they'll value your well informed opinion from facebook pics over their own experience of actually being there and working on the ground every day. ;):D

As i've explained to you already, the boundary line now goes almost right up to the fence in some places, which took up the extra 4 metres of the ground that was used up by the astro turfed area where the players used to get rub downs etc near the bench. Its not a very safe situation to be playing on and i dont think you'll see many games being played there because of it, but theyve done it and the club gave the reasons as to try to get as close to the new stadium as possible.
If you think the club is deluded feel free to tell them coz i'm sure they'll value your well informed opinion from facebook pics over their own experience of actually being there and working on the ground every day. ;):D

i dont think you follow, you would need an extra 8m to match the width at perth stadium

from the previous boundary line to the fence, there is not 8m to make up. even if you take into account the astro turf near the dug out. you would be lucky to find 6m all up.

there just isnt 8m, without ripping out the fencing area on the southern side and re-leveling the concrete

i walked it literally a month or two ago, once subi was closed off.

i dont think you follow, you would need an extra 8m to match the width at perth stadium

from the previous boundary line to the fence, there is not 8m to make up. even if you take into account the astro turf near the dug out. you would be lucky to find 6m all up.

there just isnt 8m, without ripping out the fencing area on the southern side and re-leveling the concrete

i walked it literally a month or two ago, once subi was closed off.

As i said, it may not be exact, but its been altered to be as close as possible to try and get them more used to the dimensions than the previous set up at subi. This came straight from the club from ex players who now work for the club. I didnt make it up myself. You may not agree with them but thats what I was told so i passed it on for those that were interested. :)

As i said, it may not be exact, but its been altered to be as close as possible to try and get them more used to the dimensions than the previous set up at subi. This came straight from the club from ex players who now work for the club. I didnt make it up myself. You may not agree with them but thats what I was told so i passed it on for those that were interested. :)

Games been moved to Lathlain over fear boundary is too close to the fence now.
So will play at Lathlain which is same dimensions as the new stadium
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/se...-public-despite-venue-switch-bc-5743720245001
pre-season-derby-switched-to-lathlain-park-bc-5743677201001

Ryan was awesome on Sunday. What's up now! He's only going to get better.

Just a good news story, warmed the cockles of my heart, lets hope they both get a good run with injury.

Seeing the Rioli clan on TV took me back to a time when Sebastian came down to South Freo, & 35 years on, its still happening ... :thumbsu:

Ryan looked dangerous, thats for sure. My fear is that a good defender could completely shut him down because his predictable run and jump game may get unstuck. But with time, he's going to be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan has impressed me with his fitness levels, can run back and tackles. Going to be an interesting player for us.

1. % is wrong right off the bat so no
2. Maurice have shown no inkling towards WA/Fremantle - boarding or about to be in Melbourne and is extremely close to Daniel in the same manner as Daniel is to Cyril

Clutching at non-existent straws. Now i've seen it all.

Close family the Riolis:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...s-forward-willie-rioli-the-edge-ng-b88842869z
West Coast forward Willie Rioli has revealed close mentoring from premiership cousins Cyril and Daniel has been pivotal to his explosive debut season.

A hamstring injury will prevent Cyril from playing against West Coast at Etihad Stadium on Sunday, while Daniel returned from a foot injury in the VFL last weekend.
But the pair have been in constant contact with Willie and he said their advice had been invaluable.

“I’m pretty lucky to have Daniel and Cyril at the top level,” Rioli said.

“I speak to them all the time and I get messages from them every week. They tell me to apply pressure to the game, bring energy to the group and then the goals will come.
“We really rely on each other to let us know how we go defensively. We don’t watch the good things we do.
“It’s more the stuff off the ball that we base our game on.

“Daniel sent me a message last week to congratulate me and he said I’d played well.

Oh wow
Small forward averages less than a goal and less than 2 tackles amd you think it's worth bumping this thread.
Oh wow...the old "unless you get 35 posessions, you don't count". We had one of those, he got drop kicked out the club last year.

And going on your logic, Nic Nat is a complete failure.

Ryan was killing it before getting injured, the media and analysts agreed too and rightly so. For all those that doubted my prediction and these guys, suck it!

Just like my Tim Kelly prediction which everyone scoffed at and he's smashing it.

Ryan was killing it before getting injured, the media and analysts agreed too and rightly so. For all those that doubted my prediction and these guys, suck it!

Just like my Tim Kelly prediction which everyone scoffed at and he's smashing it.
Suck what? The fact you still don't know what 'breakout year' means? The media agreed? Oh cool, you simply must be right if the media agrees. Wonder if the media laughs at you making a new thread on the main board every 2 hours.

twice in successive weeks Rioli has given away needless 50m penalties which have been blatantly reckless and stupid. He cost his team a goal today and one last week, and the knee in the back was darn right dirty and unwarranted. Disgraceful behaviour.

Good way to go about tarnishing your reputation and hard work early on in your career after such a promising start.

Pathetic.

Apart from that despicable act he's been bloody fantastic. Two goals, ripper mark, played in Darling who with a beaut pass.

Beautiful work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back