db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Guys who are you hoping us to rookie and how many selections do we have??.I reckon there were a few KP players overlooked who were a suprise.I would like two KPP maybe Josh Walker and Tom Gordon even Tasmanian Ben Brown a nice ruckman who got injured.Zac Fitzgerald is another one Ilike.

I wouldn't have a clue but I would have a crack at Josh Jenkins, the Tigers fan ruckman, if available.

I also would be looking at key position players 190cm to 195cm with very high risk high return potential that have the physical attributes , kicking and hope you land a punt, even a Majak Daws/Irish type might be possible.

Midfielders have been done to death, unless , there is a hidden country boy, or someone out of the normal system, who had reason with supreme ability I would say be unlikely to jag a quality smaller player.

Focus should be on potential as we have sufficient youthful depth know to chance our hand at budding champions

Yeah must be because I couldn't believe he didn't get a look in. s**t he must run a 3.5 or something for 20m because he was AA in 2009 as a 17 yr old and played well this year again. Still worth a go for a rookie pick not all players are super quick. He is great in the air and great skills so I would like to get him on board.

I'd be looking at Ed Curnow, Blayne Wilson, Max Otten & Kieran Butcher for smalls (or non-KPP, seeing as some are quite tall).

Jamie Solly & Josh Walker are good targets for talls. I've read good things about Tyler Chalwell and I believe TFLUA is a wrap for Menagola, so they may be worth looking at also.

Myles sewell,Charli riewoldt,Menagola,phillips & cope the developing ruckman.

Charlie Riewoldt could just be 1 of these enigmatic type medium fowards that come on a little late,could be handy having jack to give him a clip over the ear to work harder.

myles sewell,definately would love to get this guy would add depth & could just end up the barlow type player of 2011 being a rookie pick well worth it.

Menagola,Dont know a great deal except that he is an athletic freak thats kpf and has a huge tank 15.6 beep test & freakish leap. TFLUA_TIGER had him at pick 51 from memory also with taking all mid sized players in the draft he could be the x-factor player we need to develope.

Leigh Cope & Phillips My prefrence is cope but TFLUA likes Phillips
I like the size(205cm 101kgs) of cope & he takes a good mark, very mobile
Phillips i would also be wrapped with, but we definately need another ruckman to develope at coburg.

Might not be as important now that we drafted Mr X, but I still love us to take a punt on Josh Jenkins.

He is 21, 199cm and 103kg, bigger than Day and recorded a faster time (2.91sec) in the 20m sprint, he matched Day's beep-test effort of 13.2 and leapt 81cm standing vertical test. The down side is, he was a basketballer and has played only 20 games of footy, with a reserves game with Frankston his best effort. I have no doubt a kid with his size, awesome agility and speed will be rookied by some club, I just hope we take the punt, even if it’s just for 12 months.

Might not be as important now that we drafted Mr X, but I still love us to take a punt on Josh Jenkins.

He is 21, 199cm and 103kg, bigger than Day and recorded a faster time (2.91sec) in the 20m sprint, he matched Day's beep-test effort of 13.2 and leapt 93cm standing vertical test. The down side is, he was a basketballer and has played only 20 games of footy, with a reserves game with Frankston his best effort. I have no doubt a kid with his size, awesome agility and speed will be rookied by some club, I just hope we take the punt, even if it’s just for 12 months.

I second that:thumbsu:

Like the sound of Jenkins

He's not exactly a basketball convert. He played footy throughout his junior career and trained for Bendigo in the TAC cup but chose to pursue basketball professionally. Who knows, if he had've stayed with Bendigo he might have been on an AFL list for 3 years now.

Jenkins, Menagola, Wilson and C.Riewoldt would be my wish list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im i missing something with brad harvey?

His skills are not up to scratch.

I'll throw some names out but I'm confident that FJ will go all obscure on us again especially after the ND.

Dan Nicholson
Tom Gordon
Tim Milera
Jordon Eades
Rhys Cooyou
Giles
Jimmi Savage
Isaiah Stevens
Nathan Batley
Josh Jenkins
Cope

Before people get too excited, you should be aware of the following:
GWS have the first 8 picks in the rookie draft this year, GC have pick 9, WCE 10 and then us at 11.

With that in mind I'd be expecting a few more picks out of left field. In fact with Miller Hislop and another young Coburg player training with us, the chances are we're only going to take 1 unknown kid with out remaining rookie pick.

Like the sound of Jenkins

He's not exactly a basketball convert. He played footy throughout his junior career and trained for Bendigo in the TAC cup but chose to pursue basketball professionally. Who knows, if he had've stayed with Bendigo he might have been on an AFL list for 3 years now.

Yep, sorry my bad. He did grow up playing footy, the 20 game bit was the amount of games he has played in the last 3 years.

His story i here http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105279/default.aspx

Before people get too excited, you should be aware of the following:
GWS have the first 8 picks in the rookie draft this year, GC have pick 9, WCE 10 and then us at 11.

With that in mind I'd be expecting a few more picks out of left field. In fact with Miller Hislop and another young Coburg player training with us, the chances are we're only going to take 1 unknown kid with out remaining rookie pick.

I can see the logic in getting miller even though i dont really agree with it but i suppose the coaching staff have their views & i can respect that.

Westhoff,O'Reilly,Contin,Hicks already on the rookie list leaves us with 4 more picks i believe (unless its been increased)

I rally cant see the logic in rookie listing hislop, he will be 24 in january & been in the afl system 6 years and at 2 clubs under 4 coaches showed sweet f all to be honest also slow with terrible disposal. give it up !

Get a kid that may in 2 years have a chance e.g contin

If there is a choice between charlie riewoldt & hislop, I know which i would prefer.

dont want hislop in our team, waste of a rookie pick
i liked him when he first landed at the club because he was tough at it but now to just recruit him as a rookie when we have future stars to look at is just appalling.
i personally want myles sewell and or charlie riewoldt
i want sewell because the articles showcased about him have already convinced me and he could add to our super midfield and riewoldt just because i want him and jack to kick goals on end
can definitely see them developing into afl players
who is the coburg player that is training with us that we might be a rookie for the club

He is 21, 199cm and 103kg, bigger than Day and recorded a faster time (2.91sec) in the 20m sprint, he matched Day's beep-test effort of 13.2 and leapt 81cm standing vertical test. The down side is, he was a basketballer and has played only 20 games of footy, with a reserves game with Frankston his best effort. I have no doubt a kid with his size, awesome agility and speed will be rookied by some club, I just hope we take the punt, even if it’s just for 12 months.

Boys, I can promise you, getting him as a rookie will mean you have not only a decent prospect but a fanatical Richmond supporter on board. haha
He loves the Tigers, even more than I do

id like atleast a key defender, a key foward and a ruckmen, plus a mature age midfielder from one of the state competitions.

walker as the foward would be good.

wouldnt mind picking up any of otten, jacks brother, giles and curnow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back